• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Breaking In The Body

Soresu

"Hey Doc... Did-- Did I need to be awake for this?" said a Marine, with a fresh, prosthetic leg neatly laser-sewn onto his hip. Next to him stood a blood-spattered doctor, setting a bone-saw under the table of her work area in the medical ward. The table the marine sat on was dripping with gore, and a small bin next to the table had a single leg sticking off the edge.

"Did it hurt?" asked Suku, stepping back to stand up and show her imposing self to the Marine. A little blood and speckled onto her face, but most of it had stained her shirt and was dripping down on her pants.

"Well. No, not really, bu--..."

"Then shut up and take these immuno-suppressants once a day, every day until we can get your fully-registered cybernetic in. You'll get the notice on your Data-Jockey, if you run out of pills before then, it better not be in the next 15 days. Once a day." growled the woman, slapping a pill bottle on his chest. The Marine jumped a bit, instantly grabbing the bottle with both hands before sliding off the table. He wobbled a little.

"Uh... Thanks, Doc, I app--..." started the Marine, throwing a grateful expression her way.

"The Doctor is out." said Suku, already sitting in an office chair with her back to the man. Her delicate, yet somewhat spindly fingers were tacking over a flat keyboard, working in the man's information. "Go bang you head against the wall or whatever you marines do with your free time."

"I was just--..." protested the leatherneck, before a near-by Navy nurse put her gloved hand on his shoulder and just shook her head dismissively. With that, Suku was given her privacy during her idle work-time, and a wide-berth by the rest of the ward staff.
An unlikely duo saw the distressed Marine walk by, looking rather awkward as the woman held the child at her side off the ground.

The child didn't really seem to mind, in all actuality it saved her from walking and running from her 'previous engagement' with someone due to being scooped up by this woman and dashing out of the cargo hold.
"You sure she's in here?" asked the woman, looking down at the girl. To which the girl craned her neck a little to look at the black-haired woman.

"Yeah, Momma's in there. I can tell, 'cause tha' marine looked all scared." with that said she was promptly put on the ground, now being hand-held.

"Right, well. Soon as we find your mom, kid, I need to take this file to one of the doctors and get this physical over with."

"I gotta name!" protested the girl.

"Yeah, and what is it?"

"Carina!"

"Yeah, well, nice to meet you." was all the woman said as she and the child entered the sterile ward. She gave the girl a look, nodding toward the staff. "Which one?" she asked, but Carina had already pointed out a green-haired woman busily working in the corner.

"Alright, let's get you to her and I'll go deal with this." she grunted before walking toward Suku only to stop behind her, clearing her throat.
"Excuse me, she belong to you?" the woman asked, looking down at Carina who looked for all intents and purposes as energetic as ever, save for the fact she did look a little ruffed up from her scuffle earlier.

Suku's head perked up a little, indicated she heard the woman, and then spun around in her chair slowly. The hard stare she gave the other woman, mixed with her bloody visage and figure, made it look like she had just murdered someone. Her purple eyes first came on the woman, and then sharply regarded Carina.

"Carina." declared Suku harshly, like some kind of drill sergeant.

Carina jumped to attention like a raw recruit then, standing ramrod straight. "Momma." she squeaked.

"Who is this, and why are you roughed up?" asked Suku sharply, ignoring the other woman for now, and only focusing on the girl. The stare seemed as if it singled her out, as if the universe consisted of a small spot of light with the two of them in it.

Carina seemed to sweat a little before she looked toward her feet, suddenly finding them much more interesting. "I got into'a fight with one'a tha girls in tha cargo hold. She was makin' fun a you so I gave her a black eye an' we started fightin'."

A small glint of intrigue flashed across Suku's gaze, and tented her fingers in front of her, and then, a dark, loaded sentence.
"Did you win?"

The little girl looked up, frustration on her face. "I woulda won if her momma didn' come over an' tried t'hit me!" she then pointed to the woman holding her hand. "She came over an' started talkin' to her an' they started fightin'."

"She thought I was her mom, and got pissy. Took a swing at me so I caught her in the stomach, grabbed your kid and got out of there before the bitch could get up." with her free hand she rubbed at the back of her head. "I'm on this piece of shit cargo ship for all of twenty minutes and I have some asshole Chief with a huge nose take my pack of cigarettes off the table, then I got to lay some bitch out on the deck. So I brought your kid here since I was coming here anyways."

With a shrug she let Carina's hand go.

Suku's eyes went between the two before she bent over in her chair, resting her elbows on her knees. She held her hands out and open for her daughter.

"We'll get stuff for those bumps, sweetheart." said the Doctor, finally smiling, focusing on the young girl at the moment, "After work, we'll go find that lady and her daughter. You don't need to be starting fights for my sake, but since you did, you and I will just have to finish it later."

Carina practically ran into Suku's outstretched arms, hugging the older woman. "Y'gonna fight her momma?"

"Of course I am. Anyone who hits my daughter is going to get more than words from me." growled Suku somewhat maliciously, before offering Carina a somewhat villainous stare, "We'll show them enough reason to tell their kid's stories of me to scare them to sleep at night."

"Yeah! Tho... we gotta tell Papi?" asked Carina, wondering if they HAD to. And if she'd get in trouble for it.

"Of course we do!" went the Doctor, wiggling Carina up into her lap, "He'll be glad to know you're growing up into a tough little piece of jerkey." Suku rested her arms around her daughter, before turning her gaze up at the woman in front of them. "Thank you for looking out for my little girl. Carina takes a lot after her father, doesn't take shit from anyone. The one thing she does better is fight, though. I think she picked that one up from me." she nodded, her head hovering just above Carinas, a nice side-by-side of just how unalike the two looked.

"Hey no problem. I got a couple of my own and if anybody messed with them, I'd gut'em." the woman shrugged again. "But ah, you know who the on duty doc is? I was supposed to come down here for some regulation physical since I transferred in." she waved a beige folder which she pulled out from behind her, having kept it tucked between her belt and jeans.

"Less time I'm in the medward the better. No offense."

"Well, you're in luck." said Suku sliding Carina off her lap an onto her feet as the Doctor stood. "I'm Petty Officer Suku Matsobuki, Medical Officer on duty for this ship." The blood-spattered woman held out her hand for the manilla folder. "I'll take a look at that and we'll get this physical shit done and over with."

"Sergeant Yuriko Towa." Yuriko returned the introduction as well as handing the folder over. "Though ah, that bitch clipped me good in the ribs, probably nothing serious. Just warning you."

"That's fine." went Suku, splitting the folder open with one hand as she grasped her hypolathe on her hip and quickly jabbed Yuriko in the arm. The woman would feel a needle prick her skin, and, while Suku scanned over the information, would feel a short injection at the pull of the trigger. "Have some painkillers, take a seat."

Yuriko grunted at the prick of the needle, but blew at her hair as she suddenly felt a little euphoric. "Thanks for that." she went before pulling up a stool in front of Suku. "They said anything that wasn't covered in there I had to answer."

"Hrm... No allergies?" asked Suku, her eyes still on the form.

"None that I know of." Yuriko replied, rubbing at her side a moment before that went numb. "Damn, good stuff. Don't feel a thing there."

"I tend to use the concentrate since I also dispense Velserine from this thing, too." said Suku, holding up her hypolathe. "According to this, your only real medical history was giving birth to twins. Other than firing two living beings out of your snatch and looking like you didn't, this report makes you out as pretty normal, and healthy."

"Guess it didn't mention I ended up sucker punching the nurse during that." Yuriko went on as she sat there. "She never did forgive me for that, oh well. She didn't have twins."

"I can imagine what it's like, I kinda want to punch these idiot nurses around here all the time. Actually, I'm not sure what I'd do to someone if I were actually pregnant." noted Suku, looking on down the list, finding little wrong with Yuriko. In fact, she appeared to a very healthy woman. It was rather rare to find someone with a medical history so 'blank', though. Normally, she'd question the integrity of such a thing, but it appeared that the form had been signed and dated by someone with a much higher rank than herself.

"I'll have to say, you've got very little I can question here. In fact, the guy who did you before shoulda' got a fuckin' nit-pickers award, because everything is here. Save for one thing."

Suku looked up at Yuriko.

"Take off your shirt."

Yuriko sighed once, but complied as she went to pull up the t-shirt, a bra was in place, and a red blotch on one side of her torso was clearly visible from where she'd been struck. When the shirt got up and about to be over her head it twinged, and she muttered a little but otherwise the shirt was in her lap not soon after. Save for that blotch, she visibly had no scars, just flawless skin.

"Okay, I'm going to take a lo--..." started Suku as the tips of her finger graced the edges of Yuriko's torso. "--Holy shit your skin is smooth." An expression of amazement washed over her face as she rubbed Yuriko's stomach, "It's like... I'm rubbing a babie's ass, except it's just you." The Doctor looked up jealously at Yuriko, "What kind of moisturizer you usin'?"

"Some knock-off brand. I'd have to go get my duffle and look at it to tell you." Yuriko replied, looking down at her stomach a moment and then back up to Suku. "But uh, I appreciate it, just means I picked something worthwhile. Name brands are expensive as shit, and buying it on a Sergeant's salary'd kill me."

"Yeah, get back to me on that, the one I'm using is making my skin dry." noted Suku as she got back to work, her fingers tracing around the red spot. The tips of her spindly digits pressed lightly against the red-spot, feeling for her ribs and how much give it had. "Can you feel anything past the painkillers?"

"Well, when I pulled the shirt off, it twinged." Yuriko said, squirming a little as Suku hit a particular spot on the red blotch. "A-... damn I felt that." she went, shying away a little from the doctor's fingers. "Was like a pinch or something."

"I seen her momma sprayin' on some'a tha stuff Papi uses on his arms!" Carina added. "Before I started fightin'."

"She was cyberized, then. Which is probably how your sustained some damage like this." noted Suku. She circled her finger around the wound again. "Did you feel a break, or even hear a snap when she struck you?"

"A crunch, or crack." Yuriko said after a painful 'Uhmmn' at the continued aggrivation of the injury. "She got me first, then I got her in the stomach, when she doubled over, I introduced my knee to her nose. Doing that made it hurt like hell, but I figure I had to get her, " she nodded toward Carina. "Outta there."

"These people seem riled up being packed on a cargo ship for a few weeks. And that bitch blew a gasket and was going to hit another kid? Cybernetics or not, you don't fuck with another person's kid."
She then wheezed a little laugh. "Atleast her head wasn't cyberdized. Last I saw she was coating her face in red."

"For a Marine, you've got a pretty good head on your shoulders." noted Suku as she leaned back, putting her hands on her hips. "But seeing as how your not spitting up blood, nor having trouble breathing, your rib is probably not 'completely' broken, and even if it is, it's likely not even out of alignment. Your bones did a lot of good for some of the assholes on the ship. Got my daughter out of trouble, got a bitch what she deserved, and gave the ship a little something to bustle and talk about besides the war and the shit going on."

Suku left Yuriko's side for the moment and went over her desk grabbing one of her prescription slips. She wrote a few things down and signed it off quickly, before slapping it into the chest of a passing nurse. "Get that by the pharmacy bay over there, and bring what they give you back to me." She looked back at Yuriko, "Luckily for you, the best way to heal a rib is just to let heal, the downside, is that you'll be dealing with that pain for a few days. So I'm going to prescribe you some Emrys Endurance to alleviate your aches."

Yuriko had been in the process of explaining how to pull off what she'd done to the other woman to Carina, who was doing her best to imitate it as Suku came back. "And remember, you break someone's nose? You go in and tap that again, they'll more than likely pass out from the pain, or atleast not want to continue fucking with you."

Carina nodded eagerly at the conclusion of their short conversation and demonstration as Yuriko looked over toward Suku, nodding to her.
"Thanks. Was teaching your kid the finer points of what a broken nose is good for. Shutting someone up."

"Ugh, god, as if she doesn't get enough of that from my brother." groaned Suku, before taking a seat next to Yuriko. She gave a little smile to Carina. "What is it about a pair of big brown eyes that makes you want to teach them how to fight?"

Yuriko snorted slightly. " 'cause, I just met her and can tell she's going to be a heartbreaker when she's grown up. A girl's got to know how to take care of herself. Some of these assholes on the ship have already tried to pinch my ass more than once. Only thing keeping me from being brought up on charges of shooting them was the fact my gun is packed away."

"I here you, guys can't keep their hands to themselves." a wicked grin spread on Suku's face as she held up her hypolathe, "That's why I send them packing with a seizure, so they know who 'not' to touch. Besides, they need to I'm taken. Bunch of assholes."

"Makes me wonder why I didn't get into the medical field. At least then I could do that. Marines? All I can do is catch them offduty and turn them black and blue, if I'm lucky I don't get charged. Would save my knuckles from getting messed up from beating them senseless." she flexed her hands once, then twice, sighed and put them in her lap.

"Hell, you're lucky. Me? String of relationships gone sour, one I actually waited a year for, never heard a word after that. They were deployed elsewhere, and I was out in the UOC at the time. Since then I haven't been looking, taking a break from all that, too much work and a hassle."

"Aw, c'mon, you can't just give up like that." Suku shook her head, dismissing at Yuriko's admittance fo a break in the dating action. "You got your eyes on someone? Then you don't give up on it. You catch them running by the throat." Suku snatched out with her right as if grabbing someone's neck, "Then you grab him by the sack and squeeze." Her left shot under as if gripping an imaginary crotch, clenching her fist at that. "And then you tell that motherfucker what you want and that if he every cheats on you." Her right had already grabbed the Hypolathe, shooting out it's footlong mono-blade. "You'll cut his fucking nuts off." Growled the menacing green demon.

Then, Suku threw a soft smile in Carina's direction, "That's how momma met papi."

Yuriko couldn't help but chuckle while she patted at her shirt, then pants as if looking for something. "I'll keep that in mi- damn it all, I forgot that prick took my smokes." she swore and then shook her head. "If he didn't have those rank bars I'd shove my foot up his ass for taking them off the table. Or break that huge ass nose of his."

Carina giggled as her mother explained her philosophy on relationships before looking up at Yuriko then. "Y'mean Big Schnozz? He's gotta big nose, an' he always smells like smoke."

"Ran? That big dumbass doesn't give a shit about anything, especially when it comes to his smokes." went the green-haired woman as she sat back down in her office chair. "You know he once led his squad in my room and stole a bunch of my panties?"

"I... "Yuriko nodded to that, "Would have shot them. Consequences be damned. I would have gotten my gun, and shot them. In the stomach to make'em bleed and die slow unless they got to the med bay in time."

"Oh, I'd just let them suffer, you know? Maybe a little Pain here and there, some Velserine. A few mixtures, let them puke it all out later in a toilet like it's a drinking night gone wrong." reasoned Suku, twirling her hand on her wrist. "I haven't exactly gotten back at Ran yet, but it's fun to watch him squirm about it."

"Well, figure you could probably slip some of that into a drink of his or something." Yuriko offered. "That way you're not implicated, that is, if you don't want him to know. Otherwise, shoot'em at a distance with that hypolathe maybe?"

"Pfft! I'll just walk right up to him and jab him. In the mean time, I'm revel in watching him look over his shoulder at me like a scared rat." cackled Suku malevolently.

"Heh, well. Since he stole from me, I won't tell him when you're coming if I spot it or know before hand." Yuriko said as she made to put her shirt back on. "Need me to keep this off any longer?"

"Naw, put it on, your probably making the boys uncomfortable." reasoned the Doctor, before the same male nurse came by, handing Suku the Endurance she had prescribed to Yuriko. "Ah, and here we are, this right here?" she held up the pill bottle, "Twice a day, everyday, take them with meals and drink. No alcohol for at least an hour after you've taken one, no alcohol thirty minutes before. Got me?"

Yuriko nodded as she pulled on the shirt, then taking the bottle from Suku. "Yeah. But, what about today? You already shot me up with some painkillers. So, none today, or one today or something? I don't want to end up doped up to my eyeballs and seeing shit, you know?"

"It's a little late, so take one tomorrow at breakfast." reasoned Suku before patting her leg. "That stuff should last you for a while, but if you get any reoccurring pains after you've taken the medicine, come check back with me and we'll see if we either need up the dosage or scan for internal damage." At that she held up both her hands, "Other than that, I think you're set."

Yuriko took a moment to get to her feet, the bottle rattling in one hand as she did so. "Well then, guess I can go back to the MC and tell him I'm fit for duty, or just about anyways. I need to take him anything from you to let him know?"

"I'll just update your status on the file, and mail him the notice on his Data-Jockey, otherwise, you won't have to deal with any of this bureaucratic bullshit after now." said Suku, looking up at the rather pleasant looking Marine. Yuriko was a little bit of a mystery, the Doctor's curiosity evident in the thoughtful tilt of her head. Towa acted like a marine, and apparently smoked like one, but had excellent skin, and an immaculate medical record. Lucky fucking bitch.

"Yeah, I've had enough of it getting here to last me awhile. Transferring in during the war was a pain in the ass. One fleet looses a marine to another, they think it's the end of the damn world." Yuriko went as she then placed the bottle in a pocket. "Alright, well, guess I'll get outta your hair then, leave you to your kid and ah... 'private discussion' later on with her 'friends'. Word to the wise, bitch got me with her left, favors it." with that said she nodded to the doctor, smiled down at Carina and made to leave the medward with a measured step so as to not cause anymore aches in her ribs than need be.

It wasn't until after Yuriko had left and she thought they were well enough alone that Carina stared up at her mother, eyes wide with surprise. "Momma... you were nice t'her."

"Y'don't go bitching at people who do you favors and, she didn't come in wantin' my attention, just my business. Besides, she isn't all that bad, in comparison to everyone else but..." Suku gave her next words some thought. "There's just something... 'different' about her. I barely noticed it, but she walks like someone who owns the place, but talks like she works here. Someone like that usually carries a lot of scars, or something in their history." Suku sighed.

"Maybe I'm just throwing shit around, but I'll tell ya, she's not bad."

"Momma likes her." Carina taunted with a smug look on her face.

"I don't like no one."
> END

RPG-D RPGfix
Back