• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Resolved Broken Wiki Links

The missing pages were removed intentionally. After clicking on the red links, the revision history is still visible. The last revision of the Atos page was just a blank template, so there's nothing to recover. WiPs are supposed to go in the 'WiP' namespace. It's a rule that gets broken a lot (I overlooked it, too), but it's still one of the basic rules.

You can see the latest revision of the Gamma Ray Laser page, here. You can move what you've got to the WiP namespace. It might help to give it a more descriptive title. Other ships and factions might have gamma ray lasers too, after all, and the page doesn't have much to say about gamma ray lasers in general.

If you're making one page for a whole series of weapons, you could title it something like the 'Foobar Star Navy GRL-ABC Series' and separate the stats for the different size classes of weapon with slashes, like SDR 2/3/4 for the small, medium, and large versions, for instance. That's not the format, but it might be more convenient than having multiple pages, especially while still working on the project.

That's what the WiP namespace is for; articles that are put there are protected from other editors, including major clean-up efforts.

Near the beginning of this year, I made an announcement that all WIPs that weren't moved into the WIP namespace would be subject to deletion in July. Cleaning up these random WIPs that have been floating around the wiki is a major task and it's been slow going. The deadline is long passed and I'm getting increasingly aggressive about enforcing it these days, and any WIP that's not in the WIP namespace is being deleted on sight. I've deleted hundreds in the last few days. Also, it's always been a rule that blank articles with no content (e.g. just a bunch of headers/a template), and articles that have no links to them get removed instantly.

To avoid the articles getting deleted, put them in WIP: if you're still working on them, and make sure they have at least some text content.

For more info see Criteria for Deletion

No, you just have to click the button "Old revisions" to see the past pages.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back