Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Building a character

Rizzo

First, I am completely new to SARP so I don't know much about the current or near past canon. I found it on my own so I know nobody. I'm not even sure if this is the right place for this.
I am intending on creating a Nepleslian character who's ID-SOL father had a one night stand while on shore leave(assuming they get that). His (because ID-SOL clones can only have sons) personality is of a roguish type but his marine training has disciplined him into a good soldier. I kind of just wind up characters and let them go and make their own future but first I need a past. Since you all know much more about the canon I figured you all could make a much better background than me. If anyone wants to make a character that's like his best friend or is linked to him somehow I'd be all for that.
I guess it's an open stage now.

Well, let's open off with a rather easy link. The CCG is always the best place to start on a character, especially fi you're not sure about the details. It tends to be a bit of reading, but you can focus down a bit if you already have a general direction in mind. In your case, the Nepleslian CCG would be the direction to go from, and this would be the template builder, so you can put it all together on a wiki page. Now. When it comes to the character, you get to write your own history and everything, we're not gonna do it for you. :p That said, any questions you have, we're happy to help answer, and this IS the right place for them, though you may get a quicker response if you jump into the IRC, since there are usually several active users in there.

The background you came up with sounds fine to me. The history doesn't have to be be long. If you're starved for ideas, maybe use a lifepath generator like this (I wish we had one of these for the SARP setting, but Cyberpunk isn't too far off from Nepleslia).

RPG-D RPGfix
Back