• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Calling all profiteers

Doshii Jun

Perpetual player
Retired Staff
An unencrypted transmission was received by the satellite of a small communications company in orbit over Nepleslia. It was routed to the Blacks and NovaCorp, per the transmission's instructions. A tan-skinned man in airbike gear began the message. "This is Yosef Elowhim, a citizen of the Yamatai Star Empire. Attached to this message is a list of things I need shipped out to these coordinates. All expenses will be covered."

A strange-looking alien with small black wings stepped into view holding a box of large diamonds. "All gems you will be paid with are unregistered. Do with them as you wish. A large crate of them awaits the first ship to fulfill the request. Coordinates are attached. Bring a full week's worth of fuel with you for the return trip."

Suddenly, a blueprint of an old starship came into view. "In case the attachment is corrupted, their are four items I require -- a Ketsurui Fleet Yards Ki-F5 Light Transport Frigate, complete with hyperspace fold drive rated past 5000c and stripped of weapons; a Geshrinari Sojourner-class medium transport with hyperpulse engines rated up to 1000c; a NovaCorp P1-1a Phalanx-class power armor without weaponry; and one KFY Ki-V1 Hoplite-class variable starfighter, with FTL capability."

Elowhim looked serious. "This is of vital importance to me. You'll notice my customer service record with various shipping companies throughout Nepleslia is attached. I have never failed to pay a debt, and I will not start now. Bring each of these items as requested specifically -- no weapons, advanced shields -- and you will be paid handsomely. Do not attempt to clarify these instructions by transmitting to the origin of this message -- just bring the requested items."

The transmission ended abruptly. The message was pre-recorded, according to the communications company, and no link could be established with the sender.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back