• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Can a Male Yamataian become a Neko?

Devonus

Inactive Member
Well considering my characters emphasis on combat, actually more or less his entire dedication to the art of war, is it plausible or possible for a Yamataian serving in the Star Army to be transferred into a Neko body.

Although as of yet i'm still debating wheather or not to Have Devonus undergo this, as i thought about it it raised this interesting question. You see my character has always been a melee combatant, excelling at it on his Homeworld of Neplesia. Unfortanatly for him he is now coming to realize that Nekos far surpass him in this field, and he's starting to feel a little unimportant.

As i said this is only a question for now, i'm still unsure wheather i will pursue it in RP.

Hopefully he will be okay with sticking out in different places. ;)

Yes, there really is no trouble about that. But you might have to consider that Devonus wouldn't be fully adept with his body at first, considering a lower center of gravity and different bone structure.

But you do realize that the NH-29 and Yamataian bodies have about the same strength to size ratios, right? The only difference is that they have superior gravity manipulation and can naturally fit into a Mindy.

thank you for the speedy and effecient reply. If i decide to have my character under go this who should i contact?

I understand that the Yamataian body has very little difference in terms of strength. However i also understand that in melle combat it is not usually the strongest, but the most agile who wins. And unfortanatly i'm about to get my ass kicked in fort ready due to that gravity manipulation crap.

On another note, Andrew, i beleive that it would an interesting Dynamic to my role play. A man litterally stuck in a womans body :D My character would have to deal with the fact that he chose to be a women in order to perfect himself.

I've given thought to Yai becoming a Neko, though some of the benefits wouldn't be as good unless I cut down his size or got him a custom built Mindy II...but his position would permit the latter.

I think the question then becomes, would the ST authority even think of giving Devonus the option of a male Neko body when he went to get this hypothetical transfer done? In the description for the NH-17 it was stated:
While male-type variants are possible, they are extremely rare and considered strange by the general Nekovalkyrja population.
If the ones recieving his application for transfer were Nekos, they might not give him the option even if they thought of it- and given that this was just the case for the NH-17, which were produced before the NH-22 (Yamataian) was introduced, it's possible that there really are no male NH-29 Nekos...

I suppose you could request a rather masculine build, flat chest, masculine facial features and short hair - which would render you at least adrogynous. Which might be easier to accept. Albiet there would still be the issue of the primary sexual organ, but beyond that on the cosmetic basis you could remove much of that which makes a Neko female. Given that Neko are not all identical it is reasonable to assume that these cosmetic factors can themselves be changed.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back