• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Can a non-Nep be a Nep Senator?

Fay

Would it be possible for Elysians (most likely Plebeians) and other 'alien' species to become Senators for Nepleslia? I've heard people talk about how 'free' Nepleslia is, but every single senator is a male Nepleslian, it seems. I'm hoping to add some more variety, but I don't know if it'd be allowed or not. I know that the alien species are a minority among Nep society, but they are there, so it is possible, right?

In the law, the only people restricted from Senatorial positions are Nekovalkyrja. However, I'm unsure if a Plebian would be readily electable. While the Nepleslians have felt a little better now that they've learned that the Elysians didn't actually do the plague, there's still plenty of bad blood between the nations.

I understand that. I was mainly using them as an example since they are probably closest to Elysia of all of the other usual races (Yamataian, Geshrin, and Nep). The system that I am representing has about 10% (maybe more if I feel it is necessary) of various alien species (except Nekos, of course, and other species like the Azoreans that aren't that far in relations yet).

It's ok to be non-Nepleslian and a senator.

Here's the order most likely to be elected in my opinion:

1. Nepleslian
2. ID-SOL
3. Geshrin
4. Yamataian
5. Elysian
6. Other alien race (There's the rare chance an Azorean or something else could be so popular as to gain election from his planet's population)

Basically, the size of the minorities on a planet could conceivably make it so an "unpopular" race gets elected to a senate seat.

Alright.

1. Makes perfect sense.
2. Surprising, but when I think about it, I shouldn't be. ID-SOL are a lot more free from being only soldiers now.
3. I might go with this one... mainly because Geshrin are my favorite species for some reason. ^^;;
4. Makes sense, since some may have been Nepleslians before, then just returned later.
5. Being a close neighbor, I'm sure some disgruntled Plebeians have crossed the border quite a few times.
6. Hm... Azoreans haven't yet populated a second planet yet (but thanks for the thought! -^^-), but I am reminded that Nepleslia needs an Azorean ambassador soon..ish!

In theory, it could work, but it mainly depends on the opinions of the people, the race ratio, and the number + abilities of the local candidates.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back