• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Can Characters have two jobs on a ship?

Tyler

Inactive Member
Such as a character who was a former combat arms, and by experience perhaps, chose to be a technician or a medical personel instead? I mean at Creation, not via RP

Ummmmm ... as long as it's justified, sure. I don't see a problem with that. Be clear how the character came to have two occupations/specialties and it should be fine.

It'd be good to make this thread more clearly pronounced either as-is or in the guide. Most men and women aren't trained in only one thing, but I'm sure there are new members who get curious about this subject. Hell, I'm generally encouraging it/telling people to do so when they join the site just to ensure they don't "one-trick pony" too hard. It seems like common sense, but the fact it got asked once should be pretty clear that multi-roles is a good path to being both realistic (seriously, I've never met someone who could only do one thing well) and ensuring that even small plots have people applying with more than one job!

In the Star Army of Yamatai, soldiers have a single occupation, which is the field you're trained in. Many soldiers have had previous occupations. For example, Hanako was a communications officer before she was a first officer, and the star army requires you to be a first officer before you can be a starship captain. But while you may know how to do many jobs, the Star Army is only going to assign you to one at any given time.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back