Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: 188604 Can I get a ride?

• Thread starter Thread starter Zack
  • Start date Start date
Z

Zack

Planet Yamatai

Amongst the bustling streets of Yamatia was a rather unique sight. A spoted six limbed creature with white with balck spots. It had the lower body of dog and an anthro upper body she was laying on her fore legs clearly waiting for something or someone.

Nadia browsed her tablet while she waited for the person who she had met in a shady chat room. She would have rathered gotten a job that didn't sound so sketchy. While she waited, she opened a tab to a small game. She siped her coffee, starting to get a little nervous. She never really spoke to people and all here other interviews went terrible. She remembered one where she had knocked over a rather pricy vase, being thrown out by a furious interviewer.

After a while the sound of an Airbike could be heard coming down the streets before ending nearby. A man got of the bike with a Finnagle's Revenge strapped across his back. His face was completly covered by a gas mask, cap, and black hoodie. He drew a few stares but most people just walked past him.

He walked over to Naida. "You Naida O'Connor?"

Deep into her game, nadia jumped. "Oh hello are you the guy from the chat room?" She sat up looking at him her breath spead up as nerves pushed her, she never really talked to someone like this before. "So...um...what is the job you want me to do?"

Sparrow tilted his head to one side. "I don't know about any jobs that I can offer. However this Uso person on 188-604 that I've heard of does. I'm just here to discuss about giving you a ride." He held out his hand. "I'm Spacecase Sync Seven Two 72-9823-1064, you can call me Spacecase or Sparrow if you like I don't mind either."

"Ok...Sparrow I'm in." Nadia said feeling foolish. She grabed his hand and stood up on all fours " Where do I go? " She looked at the air bike. " No way I could fit on that " She said wiggling her butt.

Sparrow looked at her. "Hmm yea I can see that. How fast can you go? My ship is at the port."

Naida sighed "Don't worry I'll run what is your dock number?" She finshed her coffee and put her tablet in her backpack with a few possessions along with a few tops and jackets. She payed her bill and gets up looking at Sparrow.

Sparrow chuckled. "Who said I had it at the port? Follow me." He jumped on his Airbike and reved it to clear out the people in front of him before going at a pace that most two legged people could keep up with.

Nadia ran after sparrow in the gap of people left by the air bike, trying avoid runing into people. She follows him to a run down part of town to a warehouse with no roof, puffing hard, "Are we here?" Looking at the run down building in interest.

"Yes this is it." Sparrow got of his bike and began to walk it into the building. "Cheapest parking in town also they don't use it or teack the ships that come in here." Stopping for a second Sparrow looked behind him at Naida. "You might want to wait here at the door while I put this thing away I don't know how well you can handle radiation. There is a space on the ship that is protected from it but I need the stuff to survive."

He then opened the back hatch of the ship and put the airbike in before walking out and closing it again. "Ok this way." He walked to one side of the ship.

"Radiation...." She gluped as she walked in, a tight fit, she looked for a place to sit seeing all the seats didn't fit her. Her nerves were pushing her hard, so she grabed a biscit form her bag and nibbled on it "How long will it be?"

Sparrow chuckled. "How long will it take. You've never done interstellar travel I take it? It'll take a few hours. If you need me use the intercom over there." He pointed to a device on the far wall. "You want me to play any music or get you anything before we set off?"

"Not really. I'm good, but some music would be nice." Nadia responed. "I've never been pass luna orbit before." She said curiously, she started tieing her self down with ropes "I'm ready."

Seeing Naida tie herself caused Sparrow to burst out laughing. "I'm sorry its just that I've nver seen someone tie themselves down when they go on inter stellar space travel. I assure that it'll be a smooth ride, the only thing that might cause you to want to tie yourself down is if the artificial gravity fails. This area however runs on its own power source so you don't need to worry about that, I can't even turn it off from the cockpit only the ones in this room can." He then waled over to a machine in the corner and pressed a few buttons. "What kind of music do you like?"

"Um it's just because on my few orbital fights in school they told us to buckle up and this is how they did it for me, quite humiliating. You can chose the music." She pulls herself out of the rope still sitting on the room floor.

Sparrow pointed around the room. "Notice how none of the seats here have buckles? It's because there is state of the art inertia dampeners. This ship can take a pretty nasty hit and we wouldn't even notice without the scanners or at the very least visual sight of it. This thing did use to be an armored transport after all." Sparrow press a few more buttons before music started to play (
). "This is one of my favorites, though it is quite old I still like it."

Naida listened to the music which calmed here nerves. She settled down and looked at Sparrow. She pulled out her tablet and sent a few messgages and checked up on stuff. "Okay are you ready?"

Sparrow went to the door. "Yea just let me get to the cockpit then we'll be on our way." The door opened and Sparrow stepped out with the door closing behind him. After a few minutes the muffled sounds of the engines cycling indicated that the journey had begun.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back