• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Can I sorta create a new occupation?

larkov

Inactive Member
The basic question is that I want to have a character that is an Independent Space Pirate. I believe the Occupation would be Commanding Officer, but is that possible? To be an Independent Spcae Pirate Commanding Officer I mean? Just a thought.

You could BUT the trouble is this- if you're a new player and an indy captain you'll be all by yourself sitting in an unfamiliar setting. I figure that if you join a new rp site, you're looking to be involved in the story somehow instead of playing by yourself.

You could do it but I recommend getting involved with one of the active plots first to get familiar with the setting first to keep things entertaining.

Thanks...that was very helpful and fast on the reply. I think I'm gonna like it here...opposed to other places where you wait a week to get a reply on a question.

If you're looking for a more civilian/black-market operation over the dominant military-style here, then Gamerofthegame and myself are both looking to start independent plotships. He's creating his own ship, so he'll have to wait for that to be approved, and I'm still feeling out interest on the idea.

Also on the Civilian market is my ship, the ISC Phoenix, a sort of 'Heroes for Hire' type ship where we go in, do what we need to, and get paid by the job, and possibly get some extra reward. The whole 'law' thing tends to be in shades of grey for us.

And there's the longer-running SSRS Yggdrasill, a Search, Salvage and Rescue Ship which runs on the right side of the law and peace, but that doesn't mean it's had some interesting adventures, and will have more on the way.

Welcome to SARP. I have heard that Strangelove and Exhack are in the process of creating a mercenary group within the Freespacer race. I'm not sure how much progress has been made on it, but it is something to look into if you want to be a merc/pirate.

Well

The real question is if you want a JP ship, or a SP ship. SP means go for one of the above, JP (Done up in scheduled sessions on a chat program (YIM)) you go for mine.

Not many JP ships in general, though.

You're very unlikely to start off commanding a ship, though...

As for the Yggdrasill (which I GM), it's a multicultural plot which is expanding to additional ships. A player might not be specifically assigned to Yggdrasill, but may migrate now and again to other roles, once the Sojourner we have is implemented a bit more.

Some plots are a bit less open in culture/race, but independent plots are usually pretty open in that end.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back