• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Can Kohanians be played outside of Neo-Kohana?

Matthew

Inactive Member
My head is literally reeling from all the information and backstory on this site, and I still haven't read a fraction of it. In that sense, I'm sure I'm missing something, but the one thing that I did get is that I like Kohanian races. I was disappointed to read that they were still technically an underdeveloped world in their species entry in the guide, but looking on their forum page, I saw mention of passing freighters and whatnot.

I'm asking because I want to make sure that I'm not making a major 'faux pas' as my first move into joining this forum. I'm sure I could come up with some backstory and a legit reason as to why my character wouldn't be on his home planet, but I figure that this is a good way to find out if I'm even able to have him off the planet before I think of his history and everything just to have him shot down.

One can only hope ^__^;

Oh, if I can play one outside Kohana, could I get some information as to how they became space-worthy? It would take me hours to find on my own, so some general background or a link would be very much appreciated. I'm looking forward to any help I can get.

Welcome to the Star Army Universe.

I am AoK, creator of the Kohanians. I was a little excited to see that you had some interest in the Kohanians, so I would be more than happy to answer any of your questions when you have them past these initial few.

So first and foremost, yes, you can play a Kohanian who is not on Neo Kohana. In fact, right now may be a wonderful time to get a character made up for that purpose, as there is even a ship currently in the vicinity of the planet that could take you out into the mainstream areas.

Before we get too carried away, though, I should tell you that they are really not all that 'friendly' with the other races. The only faction they have any ties with, are the Nepleslians. They have met other races, like the Yamataians, but do not like them, because they had a hand in the destruction and killing of a world leader, and Yamatai killed their predecessors, the Fenyaro.

As for how the Kohanians became space worthy, there was a war recently between them, and the humans on their planet. When this war reached its highest, and most bloody point, the common folk sent out a distress call using the queen's shuttle. This signal reached a freighter passing over on its way to Nepleslia. A large portion of those not wishing to fight, boarded the freighter, and were being ferried to Nepleslia to begin their new lives. But as they were arriving, a minor scuffle happened between Yamatai and Nepleslia and the borders were pretty much sealed, so the freighter returned to Kohana, but instead of dropping the passengers off back on the surface, they were dropped off on an orbital station run by the Nepleslians. From here, those Kohanians who wish to leave the planet behind, may do so by catching a passing ship.

Through this agreement, the Kohanians are becoming more technologically advanced and knowledgeable, but still retain their primal roots and heritage.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask, or PM them to me. I am very happy you are showing interest in my race. =)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back