• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Can Yamataians revert back to their original bodies?

Fay

I am just wondering, but could a Geshrin that transferred into a Yamataian body, re-transfer back into a Geshrin body? Or are Geshrin not as much of androids as Yamataians?

At least one of the character background I've read included a Yamataian who had once been a Nepleslian that transfered into a Geshrin body before getting the upgrade...so they at least transfered into a Geshrin body.

Fay, remember, ST transfers the mind, not what the mind was stored in. You can transfer pretty much any mind to any body, provided it's not, say, a ship-grade AI that's big enough to make your head explode.

How we did it initially was reviving people from a copy of their DNA as well as their memories, but I am uncertain of how the process goes now. But with how this question is worded, it seems more like "If my character wanted could they go back to THEIR ORIGINAL body" as in- the real deal, the first body they inhabited rather than into a body of the same type as the original.

Remember, if it wasn't a species supporting a computer-type mind (Yamataians, nekos), then transferring to a normal human mind means losing a lot of data and abilities.

Alright, that's what I thought, but I just wanted to make sure. I kind of figured that Nekos could transfer between types, but with losing the abilities of the newer version if they went back to an older one.

Wes' answer was the reason why I only said Geshrin. :D Wait, don't Geshrin have computer-type minds, too? Or are they closer to Nepleslians on that physical level?

So with this realization that it'd be possible, why is it that Yamatai doesn't have aptly named freezer worlds, where they keep all these bodies on ice/in-cryo? Seems like keeping bodies of transfers COULD be useful for new genetic traces/samples/identities when they're producing clones. Hell, it might be useful for keeping the genepool diverse and experimenting if they had done this over all this time. Seems logical to pick through and utilize genetics that might be more rare to even more properly refine the Neko-production. Hell, maybe the cryo world doubles as a research facility to further the variations.

Did I just discover the big Yamatai secret? Probs.

Or not.

Because that idea has mostly become obsolete.

The Minkan body-base can be augmented to Neko Tennyo, and from there up to Eihei - and upgraded/degraded as appropriate. While body transfers can still happen, it isn't as common as it used to be.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back