• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Can you tell me about Neko Reproduction?

Soresu

Ok, yes. I had a question. Can Nekos have twins? As in more then one baby at a time? Not an outrageous number, but like two instead of one?

Well, NH-X units were called "Twin" Neko and were mentally joined...but I don't know if they had to be twin siblings for this to work.

I don't see why this couldn't happen, but it would likely only be in the Neko WANTED twins. Having 'surprise children' is something that is unlikely in the method in which they reproduce and how their bodies work.

With how the NH-X Twin nekos worked (as I remember it) two separate persons( or one person split their personality) switched to the twin bodies and shared a telepathic link. But they were not born as twins as younglings.

From what I can tell, nekos can only produce 1 youngling(always female) at a time, but I haven't been able to see anything about a neko mother birthing more than 1 youngling at a time. I'm assuming this is because nekos are a construct race that can reproduce asexually; thus taking away nature's chances to change things since the neko biology tends to forcefully overwrite a male contributor's biological contributions to create a female youngling.

Well I wanted to know since I have something planned for one of my characters. And knowing if they can birth twins is kind of a major point in it. ^.^; I don't know if this question has been brought up before, but I felt it needed to be asked, both from a personal point, and one for the community as a whole.

Twins are fairly common for among sprites and other 'produced' nekos (that is, ones who are grown in a hemosynth tank instead of born), in my experience. See Ichigo, Nimura, Peppermint, and Cinnamon on the wiki. Probably several other pairs that I'm forgetting due to the fact that it's 3:30 AM. Dunno if them being born instead of grown was integral to your idea or not.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back