• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

'Cardinal' Fighter/Interceptor

The propulsion stats only list performance in space; since this fighter has planetary operations as part of its assumed mission area, what are the performance statistics in atmospheric conditions? And I may misunderstand the tech, but wouldn't a fusion/plasma drive do some pretty bad damage in an atmosphere?

I guess as far as the thrusters go, the thing I was concerned about is temperature. Sure, fission is hot, but Project Pluto would probably only generate a few thousand degrees in its business of flying. Fusion of hydrogen, its simplicity making it the "coolest" form, takes place at 1000000 degrees C at the very least.

But as you say, the tech's already in common use. More importantly the fighter looks pretty hardcore, so I'd be loathe to get in the way of it, or its acceptance.

in cooperation with the [[:united_manufacturing_cooperative]].
Was this really made in cooperation with them? I haven't seen any IC evidence of them cooperating.

the Trishka encountered sizable opposition from small-scale craft such as attack shuttles. The opposition presented by these shuttles posed no significant threat to the Trishka, however, these opponents posed a significant threat against deployed armor units.
This seems a little flimsy. I mean, from what I read, the Trishka just goes around doing as it pleases and the enemy just sits there and gets killed. Though I admit this fighter is pretty cool. Maybe we should add something about it being slightly unecessary but approved by the Lorath gov because looking at it made them cream their jeans.

Also: Neither the opening statement nor the history has any actual dates in it. This is a requirement.

A [[:pico-jelly]] ejector system
Huh? Also, how are manual backup control supposed to control this and the forcefields?

Housed in the seat of the cockpit is a waste extraction system, this system obviously must be configured depending on the pilot’s gender, the default configuration is for a female pilot, but can easily be changed to suit a male pilot. The waste extraction system can also be attached to the pilot’s flight suit, if they prefer to wear an atmospheric suit, which would include a waste management system. The waste extraction system does not simply waste the organic matter, the organic matter is instead fed to the oxygen producing bacteria canister, and the electricity producing bacteria canisters of the vessel.
Congratulations on making the SARP's most advanced, expensive flying toilet ever. LOL.

The IV solution also includes an appetite suppressing drug which causes the pilot to have the illusion of being full.
What drug? Does it have a wiki page? (hint: it should)

the Cardinal has been fitted with a gravitic drive
What is a gravitic drive? Do they exist in Star Army? Show proof.

+ **Sublight Engines, Atmospheric:** Mach 25 With Hull Energized, Mach 8 Without Hull Energized
This seems rather high, especially the un-energized stat.

+ **Sublight Engines, Atmospheric, Burst Speed (15 Sec):** Mach 25 With Hull Energized, Mach 10 Without Hull Energized\\
Heading in the wrong direction here.

Wes said:
in cooperation with the [[:united_manufacturing_cooperative]].
Was this really made in cooperation with them? I haven't seen any IC evidence of them cooperating.

RP to support this will be conducted upon the approval of the Cardinal, additionally, it is stated within the United Manufacturing Cooperative's article that affiliates to the Cooperative have access to UMC assets in regard to design and material production.

the Trishka encountered sizable opposition from small-scale craft such as attack shuttles. The opposition presented by these shuttles posed no significant threat to the Trishka, however, these opponents posed a significant threat against deployed armor units.
Wes said:
This seems a little flimsy. I mean, from what I read, the Trishka just goes around doing as it pleases and the enemy just sits there and gets killed. Though I admit this fighter is pretty cool. Maybe we should add something about it being slightly unecessary but approved by the Lorath gov because looking at it made them cream their jeans.

Also: Neither the opening statement nor the history has any actual dates in it. This is a requirement.

viewtopic.php?p=41780#p41780 The scene which was in mind when I wrote that. As for dates, I have added them.

Also, if the scene's events were not sufficient, then I will take the 'jean cream' approach, since that is totally a valid reason to make something.

A [[:pico-jelly]] ejector system
Wes said:
Huh? Also, how are manual backup control supposed to control this and the forcefields?

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=pi ... y#controls This would explain the control of the pico-jelly. As for forcefields by manual control, yes, it would be rather difficult to do but a trained pilot would be able to input some basic field geometry commands to get them by in the event of automatic calibration system failure. Not expecting them to go about a fine-tuning job with the manual control however, just enough to get the job done.

Housed in the seat of the cockpit is a waste extraction system, this system obviously must be configured depending on the pilot’s gender, the default configuration is for a female pilot, but can easily be changed to suit a male pilot. The waste extraction system can also be attached to the pilot’s flight suit, if they prefer to wear an atmospheric suit, which would include a waste management system. The waste extraction system does not simply waste the organic matter, the organic matter is instead fed to the oxygen producing bacteria canister, and the electricity producing bacteria canisters of the vessel.
Wes said:
Congratulations on making the SARP's most advanced, expensive flying toilet ever. LOL.

Aye, but effective.

The IV solution also includes an appetite suppressing drug which causes the pilot to have the illusion of being full.
Wes said:
What drug? Does it have a wiki page? (hint: it should)

Ah, its already in use in some designs, but I'll write up a quick page for it.

the Cardinal has been fitted with a gravitic drive
Wes said:
What is a gravitic drive? Do they exist in Star Army? Show proof.

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=lo ... ty_systems

And the others:

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=novacorp:destiny&s[]=gravitic
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=novacorp:noujou&s[]=gravitic
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=lo ... or-class&s[]=gravitic
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=kh ... ony_ship&s[]=gravitic
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=lo ... shipyard&s[]=gravitic#propulsion

I think that's enough, most likely.

+ **Sublight Engines, Atmospheric:** Mach 25 With Hull Energized, Mach 8 Without Hull Energized
Wes said:
This seems rather high, especially the un-energized stat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_X-43 Very realistic speed for the un-energized hull. As for the top-end speed with energized hull, it is a very sensible speed considering that the craft is trans-atmospheric and intended to free itself from a planetary atmosphere and gravity considering Earth's escape velocity is 25,000 MPH or so, which is about Mach 30-ish. I did not feel that Mach 30 would be a very acceptable speed, so for the sake of approvability I could not be accurate to the requirements actually needed for the Cardinal... but I could always assume the gravitic systems make up for the lack of speed to break away from a planet.

+ **Sublight Engines, Atmospheric, Burst Speed (15 Sec):** Mach 25 With Hull Energized, Mach 10 Without Hull Energized\\
Wes said:
Heading in the wrong direction here.

Trimmed it off.

A beautiful piece of overengineered goodness. I would say more about that, but Lucifer doesn't lecture Belial about being bad. Tomoe followed the requests of the administration, and has delivered a pretty solid fighter.

This submission is approved for IC usage.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back