Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

[Carthage] Trinity Unit Mk I Type B (Reproductive Model]

RazealK

Inactive Member
====Carthage Project CP-TRI-J-01 Type B Trinity Autonomous Cybernetic Reproductive Unit====

====History and Background====
The Trinity Unit Mark I Type B encompasses so many developments over the past years; from it's advanced learning neural net AI to its ability to reproduce. Originally conceptualized as two different projects, The Type B is designed to boost the Nepleslian population without the need for cloning via an artificial womb construct, while .the Type A is a small and nimble companion for Juggernauts. Both Designs have nearly identical outer shells.

*Reproduction: Development of the trinity's reproductive capabilities was troublesome at best, only being solved after several years of research, experiments, and tests by Jacob Heinsch and his own team of scientists. Jacob had begun the work of his own initiative, and had been further funded in his research after being contacted by the committee that would later form the Carthage Project.

===About the Trinity===
Standing at an average of 4 feet 9 inches, and with the appearance of a young woman, the Type B has proven itself in tests to easily converse and even for relationships with Nepleslians. It is very sociable and test units integrated well with Carthage Base personal during trials.
The unit's AI is also a new development, utilizing a preprogrammed AI which is capable of learning through a growing neural-net system. This technology branched from the Juggernaut teams Guardian AI and was part of the basis for the completed design.

===Statistical Information===
*Government: Carthage Project/Osbourne Corporation.
*Organization: Carthage Project/Nepleslian Star Army - Carthaginian Division
*Class: CP-TRI-J-01 Type B
*Designer: Jacob Heinsch & Carthage Project Advanced Cybernetics R&D Team Beta
*Manufacturer: Carthage Base
*Production: 1,200 Units
Trinities are capable of self-maintenance via programming & downloadable diagrams, thus requiring technicians only for major repairs or upgrades.
*Maximum Capacity: Trinity units intended for combat can typically lift 160 lbs. Units used for civilian purposes can normally lift their own body weight.
Appearance: Body similar to this. Civilian units (Type B) have a wide range of hair and eye colors. They also normally choose their own apparel.
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r33/KranitzTheElf/TrinityMarkI.jpg

===Unit Specifications===
*Length: 9in
*Width: 16in.
*Height: 4ft 11in Average
*Mass: 140Lbs.
*Speeds: 32 Mph. Max.
*Planetary: Trinities can survive 200 ft drops while remaining fully functional,
and can also survive in space for the duration of their battery's lifespan. The unit's high endurance composite skin is highly resistant to cosmic radiation and most weathering.

*Range: Indefinite unless repairs are required, food supplies are exhausted, or batteries are exhausted
*Lifespan: Design life span is projected at 5 yrs between major upgrades.

===Offensive Systems===
Hacking: While not designed for combat, the Type B still retains some of the Type A's capabilities: By using an internal variable band network connection, the Trinity can communicate with and hack into most smaller computer systems via use of it's enhanced AI and basic computer interface software. This component also includes a triple redundant hardware firewall system to protect the trinity from hostile computers.

===Defensive Systems===
*Body Armor: For protection and durability, Type B Trinities also have minimal body armor (75% less then Type A's), flexible and restricted to vital areas such as the torso and head. The armor in turn is composed of a Durandium composite located under the artificial skin of the trinity.

===Systems Descriptions===
*Power: Trinity units can acquire power from both normal food intake and through their rechargeable internal batteries. These batteries look nearly Identical to the Type A's, but are not as rugged, and can last for up to 18 days because the space freed from military armor and shock absorption is regained in increased battery size. The charging port for the internal batteries is located at the base of the spine, and can connect to existing power receptacle plugs. The unit's food intake system works much like a normal Nepleslian, using nano-machines to break food down into its usable components and disposing of waste in a typical biological manner.

Athena AI system: Developed in house at Carthage primarily by beta team, The Athena AI is capable of learning ad changing its operating parameters on the fly. The AI excels at combat as well as civilian activates and has even been used to a limited extent in medical duties aboard Carthage base.

Eve System: Type B Trinity units are equipped with fully functional artificial reproductive organs which replicate the functions of a female Nepleslian.
Through artificial hormonal regulation, the artificial uterus is capable of making each pregnancy last the same amount of time, as opposed to natural pregnancy, in which the gestation period usually varies.

In the post-implantation phase, the blastocyst secretes a hormone named chorionic gonadotropin which in turn, stimulates the corpus luteum in the unit's ovary to continue producing progesterone. This acts to maintain the lining of the uterus so that the embryo will continue to be nourished. The glands in the lining of the uterus will swell in response to the blastocyst, and capillaries will be stimulated to grow in that region. This allows the blastocyst to receive vital nutrients from its host unit.

Genetic material is obtained from several large storage banks and retained in the unit several weeks prior to fertilization. These banks are high security installations located at several points in Carthage base itself, and can also be carried aboard starships.

(OOC)1st Revision. It gives birth to toasters! =D
This page written by Zachary T Carpenter using the template designed by Wes Davis. Copyright ©2006 StarArmy.com
Last revised 3/8/2007

Dude. Everything we mentioned that DOESN'T belong in this unit is still there. The microfusion reactor, the speeds, all of the combat stuff.

Put some effort into this, man. You're looking sloppy.

Heh Doshii, since I apparently can't use Fusion and food doesn't seem like a very good energy source on its own, what are my other options?

Star Army has some really powerful batteries available, such as those used in beam rifles - maybe she could be rechargable like the combat droids I recently submittted.

Gah. Batteries. Of course. I'm sorry Razeal; I should have thought of that. Yes, some kind of battery would work well, as long as it were in some kind of sealed chamber or something.

I'll forgive you, this time Doshii.
XD
Anyway, I decided to try rechargeable batteries in conjunction with nano-machines that can process food, as opposed to bacteria. Not really sure if bacteria would work well with Type A's non-organic make-up.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back