• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Centralised Inventory on wiki??

iaincarter

Some people call me Crazy...
🌟 Site Supporter
Having just built a character, i thought i would ask if there is a centralised inventory section where you can browse all the items available to a particular race/organisation/occupation and the buy cost for said items.

I mean, you are going to have to produce one for your RPG book, right??

It's a good idea, but wouldn't we need one for each particular race/organization/occupation?

Maybe we can turn the list of firearms and combat gear and similar lists into tables with cost listed.

Well, i don't know what your interstellar trade models are like :p

If everything is traded across political borders, then all you have to do is charge a surcharge (read multiplier) to the base cost depending on the distance or difficulty of obtaining items from that entity...

If however there is no inter-stellar trade across borders then yes, you would need a seperate list for each regional entity...

You can also cut out clone devices. By which i mean device A does x for species 1 and device B does x for species 2. If you create a global item and explain that it is just a catchall and each species has its own variation, then it is down to the player to describe its appearance...

The unified list is an awesome idea. You will probably need some codes though, or restricted sections.

For example, a Neko in the Yamataian Star Army can probably secure herself a shiny new gun. But would a civilian be able to buy one for a similar cost? Or at all? What about the black market?

So i can see you needing sections specific to factions, or you create a series of codes that restricts items. For example, in the above scenario, the gun could have the code SAY.

As for the universal credit, it is an awesome idea, but i can see trouble implementing it...

RPG-D RPGfix
Back