• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: SNV Gam'trosha [Chapter 3.2] Recon Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a curse Zur'el pulled up short of the trees that blocked his path. Growling he pulled the bike around and goosed the throttle pulling it around the down trees. He wasn't going to deal with this kind of puta. So he got around and back on the path back to the ship. He was going to suggest carpet bombing followed by heavily armed ground force sweeping the area.

As the two made their way around, the overhead storm grew worse and began to dump a heavy amount of rain, rain that was somewhat blocked by the overhead canopy. It wasn't long though before Zur'els onboard communications suite came to life with radio traffic; including one requesting updates from away teams - one of those updates was clearly coming from the Gam'trosha and was intended for them.

As he rode towards the ship Zur'el radioed with the same message he sent before.

"Gam'trosha, Recon team reporting, returning to ship with samples, strange object that kept popping up and then poofing to a new location, samples taken in area. Any news from your end?"

Once the message was sent he revved the bike and waved the other along. He was getting tired of being wet. A shower then a nap sounded awesome.

The bikes continued to race through the rain, following the mudding path that had brought them out to the lake. Zur'el was getting frustrated with the comms, one moment they could respond the next nothing. With a growl he raced ahead and came around the last bend before he could see the Gamtrosha.

He gave decided that he'd just march up to the bridge and give his report, since he was pretty sure his end of the comms were broken.

As the two approached the Gam'trosha's landing area, they'd notice that the site looked rather calm right now. Soldiers were just mellowing about the area, a few smoking, others playing games, but most were actually on patrol moving in-between the ships and checking to make sure everything was ok. Although the bikes communications suite was still on the fritz, Zur'el was still getting plenty of static on the line, even as they passed a portable communications transmitter.

(OOC: For some reason, post #25 is incorrectly displaced. The post was originally made 'after' post #23 and before #24... thus when reading this thread post #23 should be read first, #25 and then #24.)

As Zur'el arrived on the bridge he'd notice two people there, one being Sa'kira and another being a new person whom he hadn't seen before. Sa'kira's gaze moved away from the progress reports she'd been working on before and toward the door - it was a surprise to her given there had been no communications from the recon team since their last status report. "Welcome back, although I take it from your expression that your recon mission was a rather interesting one," she remarked, getting up from her seat and gesturing to the soldier to enter the bridge. "What did you find out there?" she asked.

Bridge

"Wetness... and mud... Oh and a thing that kept teleporting around or something." Zur'el started explaining everything he saw out there, and the failings of his 'partner.' Every few moments he shook as if he was trying to shake the water from his fur.

"So when the comms kept failing, I turned us back and came here. as you can see I came straight from the loading ramp. The bike is still there dripping and cooling from the ride. As for Vlad. I'm sure he's still down there trying to make sure his tail is still behind him." The Orion operative smirked at the tail chasing joke.

"Unless there is anything else Ma'am I would like a hot shower and a little rack time, if I could be spared that is."

Bridge

Sa'kira nodded, rubbing her chin for a moment. "Very well, get yourself a hot meal and a shower, then some rest. I'll have the data modules from your bikes pulled so we may go through the stored data; although we still haven't heard back from the other away team so you'll still be on standby in case anything happens." As she was saying this the aviator on the bridge got up from her chair and exited. "Once you are done with your rest, see if you can put a report together on everything you saw please."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back