• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

OOC Character Connections: Divorce, Science, Nekos

Hollander

Hey friends, here's a wild one for ya.

Who's The Guy?
I've got a character I'm working on, a bit of a driven jerk scientist at Yamatai. He's in his forties, and I'd like to develop his background and his character connections beyond just his scientific pursuits (working on Neko OS's, Soul Transfer tech, ST Fragmentation). I've got a picture of him at the end, and you can check out his Still Awaiting Review (Not Yet Approved!!) character page At This Link.

Divorce Connection
I'd like for this fellow to be Divorced. It's fitting for him, for his character, to have attempted a marriage (or two) and for them to have failed in some fashion. I would be thrilled if this divorce connection could be made to another character, because that builds his story and opens up potential character interactions.

So if you've got a PC or NPC (gender irrelevant to me, ex-wives and ex-husbands are equally desired), and you'd like to work out details of a lovely, heartfelt Divorce, please reach out to me in any manner you'd like! I can even work out multiple divorces if there's a surplus of interest.

Bad Science Connection
Tentatively, between the years YE 40 to YE 43, this character was up to some Bad Science stuff. Back alley neuroscience, weird brain programming stuff. Nothing TOO wild, and no illegal Soul Transfers, but maybe black market cybernetics or somesuch. If you have an interest in establishing a connection in this capacity, consider reach out to me. Maybe this character fixed a malfunctioning implant, or helped you recover from a mind-virus or something. Even if it's a vague link, it would help flesh this fellow out.

Good Science Connection?
Outside of that, he's done actual GOOD work too. He's done a lot of soul transfers for Nekos, helped them with any OS problems they might have, get them upgrades, etc. If you'd like to expand your Neko's backstory a little in any way, and you'd like to team up with me, I'd be happy to work with ya.

Below's a picture of the fella. He ended up being a little more handsome than I'd originally intended, so I'm afraid we'll have to deal with him looking the way he does.

Thanks for your interest! Cheers!

fetch.php

Gently tosses in green birb with cybernetic implants teehee

Great! Yeah, that would be an excellent connection! By the time she was 10 years old in YE 31 (based on our quick Discord talk), Shinobu would've been with the Ketsurui Zaibatsu. I could see him working on her cybernetics and getting them installed for her, and maybe even (coldly) explaining how they function to her. I think he'd warm up to her a little given her genuine curiosity and passion for the sciences. What do you say, shall we make that a connection?

My only Bad Science® character works for SAINT, so is unavailable because the bad science is secret. But I will suggest that your guy could have connections to the On'nin Ikemen (Yamataian Yakuza) that me, Exhack, and Revolver made:

"The Soap Hoses operate as traditional Yamataian onsen with one notable difference: customers can pay a little extra to buy illegally-procured mindware upgrades and obsolete Nekovalkyrja bodies. Want to be trained in the Ketsurui Samurai warrior arts? The Ikemen have just the knowledge upgrade for you — along with all of the involuntary nationalism and twitch reflexes that go along with it. Want to pilot starfighters or shuttles? They've got those infopacks, too! But you won't know how to fly the most state of the art equipment by a longshot."

My only Bad Science® character works for SAINT, so is unavailable because the bad science is secret. But I will suggest that your guy could have connections to the On'nin Ikemen (Yamataian Yakuza) that me, Exhack, and Revolver made:

"The Soap Hoses operate as traditional Yamataian onsen with one notable difference: customers can pay a little extra to buy illegally-procured mindware upgrades and obsolete Nekovalkyrja bodies. Want to be trained in the Ketsurui Samurai warrior arts? The Ikemen have just the knowledge upgrade for you — along with all of the involuntary nationalism and twitch reflexes that go along with it. Want to pilot starfighters or shuttles? They've got those infopacks, too! But you won't know how to fly the most state of the art equipment by a longshot."

I'll gladly take you up on that Raz, thank you! How about I include this line...

"He took a few jobs which were, in some way shape or form, connected to the On'nin Ikemen. Evidence linking his work to their organization was as intangible as mist, and though Shinobu suspected their involvement, he needed the money and equipment he earned from them for his greater cause..."

Something like that work for you?

Something like that work for you?
It doesn't really need to. Though I assume I play at least one of the three most powerful (and thus far unnamed) oyabun with Exhack and Revolver (departed members), the Ikemen are an unmanaged setting element for general use. Go off.

@Hollander Though they aren't wikified yet, Inukai Yuuko and Inukai Michiko - a Nekovalkyrja scientist with questionable morals and her Nekovalkyrja child creation, respectively - are a pair of Ebil Scientists™ that could probably have known Kenja.

@Hollander Though they aren't wikified yet, Inukai Yuuko and Inukai Michiko - a Nekovalkyrja scientist with questionable morals and her Nekovalkyrja child creation, respectively - are a pair of Ebil Scientists™ that could probably have known Kenja.
That sounds like a great connection! Let's you and I link up with each other if/when they get wikified, and see about developing this connection!

The Reds have a mad scientist/master roshi like character: Dr. X (Ravi Mendoza) on Star Army Space Roleplay

If there ever was any actual development of his individual before I started taking over development of the Reds, I haven't been able to find anything. So I have been trying to develop according to this quote: "What's the point of creation when it goes unseen? I want people to be awed, no… Not just awed, SCARRED! I want them to bear witness to my creations in both mind and flesh!” So added an aim that we wishes to see humanity elevated past their fragile and weak stage in the face with all the horrors of the universe brought about by Uesu and those still unseen. Just about it in the worse ways and doesn't care who gets hurt to achieve humanity's/Red greatness. Nor is he not unwilling to help a Yamataian scientist if he thinks what he learns/gains will help him.

That's the head canon anyways.

Always happy to throw Dokusei in as an acquaintance or disgruntled best friend of one of his exes.

The Reds have a mad scientist/master roshi like character: Dr. X (Ravi Mendoza) on Star Army Space Roleplay

If there ever was any actual development of his individual before I started taking over development of the Reds, I haven't been able to find anything. So I have been trying to develop according to this quote: "What's the point of creation when it goes unseen? I want people to be awed, no… Not just awed, SCARRED! I want them to bear witness to my creations in both mind and flesh!” So added an aim that we wishes to see humanity elevated past their fragile and weak stage in the face with all the horrors of the universe brought about by Uesu and those still unseen. Just about it in the worse ways and doesn't care who gets hurt to achieve humanity's/Red greatness. Nor is he not unwilling to help a Yamataian scientist if he thinks what he learns/gains will help him.

That's the head canon anyways.
How about I list Dr. X as an acquaintance? Someone Shinobu corresponded with, maybe through some approved research-sharing projects? I think that would be a great way to start to 'network' scientist characters together, make the world even more 'real'. Let me know what you think, @demibear and thank you!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back