• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Character Creation Guide Template - Seeking Feedback

Hollander

Your feedback requested! Please read on...

What's Up?
After a worldbuilding chat the other night, a few of us agreed that there is a possible need for a Character Creation Guide (CCG) Template. At the moment, a writer who needs to make a CCG can look at the other myriad CCG's currently on the site to see examples of how it might be done, but some folks may have an easier time creating content if there's a template to help them through the process. A CCG is required for writers who are submitting a new species, according to the Creating a Species Guide. "Unless the Species is for GM use only, you must create a Species-specific Character Creation Guide".

Feedback Please!
We'd love to know how to make this template the best it can be before we submit it for possible adoption (or discarding!). I recognize that some folks may think we don't need a template at all, and I'd encourage them to make their voice heard here, or in the thread where the template will be submitted for consideration (or both). Remember Player's Rights #8: "I have the right to comment on any setting article being submitted for approval, since changes to the setting may affect my characters or plots. My comments should be considerate and use appropriate language. I should take care not to mislead new players into thinking I am a moderator if I am not."

So, please take a peek, let me know what sections you think it needs, what it doesn't need, how it could be better, etc. It's in a bit of a rough state at the time of this posting. Thanks!

Linky

Looks good, though I do have one suggestion since it is meant for factions as well. Instead of physiology being a header, it could be changed to "Species Data". The author could then modify it if there are more than one species in a faction.

Going to change the Reds' CCG to this eventually.

Shoot, yeah that's a good suggestion. I used 'Physiology' as the Species Template uses that term.

What I'll do is modify that section of the CCG to explain: "If you're doing a species, use Physiology. If you're doing a Faction, rename this header to Species".

I'm proposing to use the word 'Species' not because I dislike the suggestion, but because the Yamataian, Abwehran and HSC CCG's use 'Species'. Neshaten uses 'Races', but may be the only 'Faction CCG' that uses that word instead.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back