• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Character Creation Questions (Specific)

Depressio

Inactive Member
I've been looking for an interesting futuristic roleplaying site and this one intrudged me. I have gone over the 'make a character' and have an idea of what I want. I just wanted to know some things.

Is it possible that my character have a armor suit of sometype? My characters background is that he was captured and brainwashed for use as a super soldier. Bar codes and assined ID numbers showed who was who for they all wore the same armor (Face masks with air filters). Eventually he slowly regained his memory and escaped from the tyranny of the orginisation that captured him. So now he seeks to find the remnants of his past. He is a fast thinker and due to the fact that he has been in many battles he is very skilled in warfare.

Im just curious where my little character could fit into best. He is kind of neutrual but fights for the cause he sees is the best. Hes human but without an armorment of some sort he just wouldnt be my character. He has forgotten his name so he's only known as X-527. I guess he would fit into the 1st generation 'super humans' but I dunno.

Ive roleplayed before and currently belong to a popular medieval fantasy rp site but ive been craving to do some sci-fi text based roleplays. Im just really confused about the vast amount of history and numerous orginisations and species.

Sorry if this is a bother I just dont want to look like an idiot when I post my chars bio.

The best way I can think to make that work would be to have an ID-SOL or ID-SOL hybrid, that was perhaps used by one of the mafia groups on Nepleslia. But I'm not an expert on Nepleslia so, perhaps someone else can comment further?

That's a very 'special' character you've got running there.

Since you're new there might well be problems with you having an old and experianced super-soldier, since we have a tendancy to preffer Bio histories that don't have to be RPed out, and don't contain any details that would need to be.

However, the escaped warrior idea, while a little cliche, would fit well in Nepleslia.

I'd suggest running through the CCG. As Thomas (Zakalwe) said, your character seems a bit too special, though some would say there's nothing wrong with that. The history is workable, I think, as long as your character isn't the best fighter. A fighter who lost most of his past and skills might be interesting, though, and a person with RP experience might be able to pull it off.

I know there's a lot of material on the site and it might be a bit confusing at first, but your character idea as it is now is fairly close to being completely out of the setting. The planned history is a bit extravagant: "super soldiers" have already been created, there aren't many humans at all, and trying to include the history of an organization that couldn't be one that already exists would make your character a bit too complicated. Not trying to say that the idea is worthless, simply that it needs a bit of toning down.

I do like the idea, so what I would like to see you do would be reading through the CCG and trying to find a way of applying your character idea to the setting. Remember not to make him an extraordinarily skilled fighter; this is something we ask of everyone creating a character. If you need help, you can PM an administrator, Thomas, or myself, and I'm sure there's a lot of people besides that willing to help if you want to look into other options. Good luck and welcome to Star Army.

Otay

Alright thanks. I can bend him a bit but the brain washed background is what my character is. He dosnt have to be a 'super soldier' but the brainwashed soldier is mandatory. He is skilled but he dosnt like leadership positions. He dosnt mind taking orders and he isnt 'the best'. My average characters post is about 2,500 but ive reached 7,800 characters.

Ill browse around and such...

Im thinking that the orginization would be a failed 'pirate' group. Where the subjects were not brain washed properly and some rebelled. Im in need of suggestions but because of his memory loss it will be easier for my character to talk to people and not know what the heck is going on.

I dont want to start too soon because I want to get the feel of this place before I go off and make some stupid mistake. So any suggestions im open to, the more the better.

Hey, are you still around, Depressio?

Yeah, sorry I had a very long league of absence. But because of that im going to have to re-read a lot of stuff. So any help would be greatly accepted.

Not sure - I don't know any organization in the RP that might have kidnapped someone to "soldierize" them. Artificial clone soldiers are readily available and inexpensive these days.

What about if he agreed to become a solider then for some reason (underground or something) is brainwashed etc etc?

Also, I still havnt got an answer about the suit. A suit that is worn by my character that he wears all the time. (think Iron Man lol)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back