Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

[Charmer's Luck] Halna Havoc

TeslaTornado

Inactive Member
"OF ALL THE NO GOOD DIRTY ROTTEN PIECES OF FLOATING INTERGALACTIC SHIT IN ALL THE UNIVERSE!" Vincent roared over the intercom he had no idea was active and broadcasting to the entire ship. After successfully raiding the Red Hill cargo ship Dunbar a few light-years from Halna, Vincent collected the news the planet had been attacked by the Star Army of Yamatai. He was now in the bridge, being informed by the "captive" Captain of the incapacitated Dunbar, a mister Brian Phelps.

"My words exactly, good Captain." Phelps said, engrossed in a bottle of malt whiskey. "Hard to believe it's been three days."

"How many Spacers are aboard?"

"Five, sir, not counting the automata they brought. I was going to bring them to the Great Lighthouse, but I heard that was attacked too." Phelps took a long draught of the whiskey, then burped.

"Anything else?"

"Weapons for said Spacers."

"Why is a freighter carrying weapons, praytell?" Vincent leaned forward on his elbows, his one red eye glinting in the low light on the bridge. The end of what had probably been a cigar at the beginning of the day glowed sharply in his clenched teeth, and ejaculated a dense cloud of silver smoke.

"We're going back. Gonna pick up some pirates from Amelia's Star and take back a bit of land." On the screen, movement lurked in the distance. One of the sensor operators looked at a blip advancing towards the two ships, locked in the embrace of docking.

"Uh, captain..." Both Vincent and Phelps turned their heads.

"We have a problem-" As soon as "Pro" had exited the woman's mouth, both captains had crowded around her screen. Sure enough, the scanner showed a lurking Yamatai cruiser.

"Fuck them. Phelps, you get to Amelia's Star and pick up your crew. I'll handle this craft. Go." Vincent ushered Phelps off the bridge, then sealed the door behind them.

"Get the Dunbar as far behind us as possible when that cruiser gets close." The comms officer turned to speak the message to Phelps, but the Red Hill freighter was already gone. In its stead was the Charmer's Luck, dread pirate frigate of the aetheric main, and its newest target.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back