• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Destiny Check Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Inactive Member
Apesael walked down the hall as fast as he could, which wasn't actually that fast thanks to the multitude of bruises that had been inflicted on him from the fight before, and then being attacked by his own room.

"Computer, can you give directions to where Ephesus is?"

"I can." An amused voice resonated out of no-where. Apesael let out a low moan.

"Alright. Where is Ephesus?"

"In his quarters."

"And where are they?"

"Where they usually are, they don't move much."

"Your enjoying this aren't you?" Apesael said with a mixture of frustration and amusement.

"Yes. Ephesus' 'healing' of some of my systems have shown me how satisfying his behaviour can be. So I'm applying it here and there, most notably here." If Apesael could have seen the AI's face he was certain it would have had a smug satisfied smile on his face.

"Are you finished then? I do need to find Ephesus."

"For the moment yes. Take the third left, then go twenty floors down, Ephesus likes being below ground, then take the third right."

"Thank you AI." Apesael sighed and continued down the corridor at his earlier pace. Walking through non-descript passage he took the third left and came to a drop tube. "Strange, there are no drop tubes on the Destiny." Apesael thought. The drop tube was three feet wide and looked to simply be a smooth metallic tube that fell into the bowls of the ship.

"Hhm AI, what is this?"

"The only access to Ephesus' accommodations. I'm going to presume your next question would be 'How does it work'," The AI used a perfect mimicry of Apesaels voice "It uses AG and G fields to allow a speedy and safe descent. That's if Ephesus wants you down there. If not it's just speedy. Just step in."

"Fine." Apesael was not sure about his, trusting his fate to the unpredictable Ephesus. However he had been ordered to check up on him, and check up on him he would. He took a deep breath of air, said a quick prayer to no particular God and stepped into the tube.

Immediately he began falling, faster than if he'd just been falling normally, he could feel an increased gravity field on him and the walls whizzing past him at disturbing speed. "Ephesus!" He yelled, hoping to catch his attention and thus avert what appeared to be his certain death.

Instantly Apesael stopped with a sickening jolt. He was being held in place by a corresponding gravity field going in the opposite direction and was simply floating in the middle of the tube.

"Yes?" Ephesus' voice boomed down the tube, "What do you want?"

"I was sent by M/C1 Tanjo Shen to check up on you after your fight." Apesael was feeling very defenceless at the moment.

"Oh alright then, I suppose you should come down then." Apesael began to float slowly down the tube, very slowly. He didn't dare ask for Ephesus to hurry it up unless he returned to his earlier speed. After ten minutes he hit the floor, surprisingly hard.

"Well come along then." Ephesus' voice drifted down the hall way.

Apesael picked himself off the floor and walked slowly down the hall, the hit with the floor really not helping his other injuries. He soon came to a large metallic door, covered with weird markings.

"They don't mean anything. Just look cool. Come in." The doors slid open slowly, Ephesus obviously a fan of melodrama.

Apesael was hit by a wonderful sight. Ephesus had a taste for beauty, and had not let himself down with his quarters. It was a huge dome, with graceful curves, delicate patterns and panels. The floor was covered with carefully laid out with a bed, work surfaces, and furniture, all laid out in a way complimentary to each other. White was the most common colour, with shades of blue and black. Apesael looked around for Ephesus couldn't see him anywhere. He heard a cough.

"Up hear." Glancing up he could see the form of Ephesus, wings expanded, floating high up in the dome. "One of the many advantages of having wings is that you can live in three dimensions." He began to float down by slowing his wing beats. "You want to see something great?" His voice filled with Enthusiasm.

Apesael was cautious, Ephesus' opinion of great was usually different from anyone else's, "Yes, alright."

"Oh excellent." Ephesus waved his hand grandly, and the dome faded into a night sky, adorned with stars. "All the advantages of sleeping under the stars, none of the nasties. It's accurate by the way, down to every star. That for example is my own planets star." A star was encircled by a circle and a line of notes began to read out information, the stars energy out put, details of the planets and others that Apesael couldn't understand.

"Anyway, what did you want again? Oh right, to check up on me after that little encounter. Quite good really seeing as it was my first bio-neural interface." Ephesus pointed at the back of his neck that now had a freshly implanted access port. "I feel a little embarrassed about being defeated like that at the beginning though, won't happen again." Ephesus looked grim for a moment then looked bright again. "While your here you want to see something I'm working on?"

"Alright sir." Ephesus looked delighted and led him to a quarter of the dome.

"This is my workshop.â€

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back