Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Clan Template

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
Discord Booster
🎨 Media Gallery
In the Yamatai Star Empire, a clan is a family, natural or otherwise, that shares a common name and similar beliefs. Clans also serve as political parties and the heads of industrial and commercial groups. Below is a template to help list clans and their traits.

Clan Name:
Party:
Clan Leader:

Political Beliefs:
Issues:
Assets:
Notable Members:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clan Name: Ketsurui
Party: Star Army
Clan Leader: Ketsurui Yui

Political Beliefs: Imperialism, Anti-Taxation, Free Healthcare and Food, Slavery, Humans are Inferior
Issues: Crushing the rebels, maintain Ketsurui power over Yamatai. Nekovalkyrja rights.
Assets: Yui leads Ketsurui Fleet Yards and the Star Army of Yamatai.
Notable Members: Uesu, Yui, Hinosami, Sharie, Chiaki

Clan Name: Kessaku
Party: Star Army
Clan Leader: Kessaku Anri

Political Beliefs: Manifest Destiny, Peace through Power, provide all citizens with the necessary supplies for living.
Issues: Supporting Ketsurui Clan
Assets: Kessaku Electronics Systems Corporation, Hoshi no Iori
Notable Members: Anri, Irim, Eris, Yuuko

Clan Name: Kyoshi
Party: Socio-Economic Reform Party
Clan Leader: Kyoshi Ayame

Political Beliefs: Human Rights, Equality, Capitalism, Free healthcare, Foreign Relations, reduction of military
Issues: Helping industry and small businesses. Using Imperial Senate.
Assets: Ayame is Empress of the Yamatai Star Empire.
Notable Members: Ayame

Clan Name: Chen
Party: aligned with PNUgen
Clan Leader: Francis Chen (aka Grandpa)

Political Beliefs: Technological Transcendence, Collectivism, Security, Imperialism
Issues: Reforming PNUgen. Maintaining Geshrin and Nepleslian representation within government. Improving security on Nepleslia.
Assets: Several family members are respected scientists within PNUgen. Henry is the Acting Fleet Admiral of the 3rd Expeditionary Fleet.
Notable Members: Henry, Thomas, Samuel.

Clan Name: Emrys
Party:
Clan Leader: Seru Emrys

Political Beliefs: Importance of honor, Capitalism, Healthcare state
Issues: Expanding businesses, Looking to expand to other planets
Assets: Owns several business, and a transport system on Yamatai
Notable Members: Apesael

Are these clans still around? I know there's clans for some of the races of Yamatai, but is there anything as formal as this sort of brief/simple template? Really lacking in my Yamatai knowledge, but I do know Dion is part of a Separa Clan/Family, so it might be good to learn what the process is for designing/fleshing these out in the modern RP.

Yep. They seem to be basically 100% feudal Japan or Meiji Restoration-WW2 conglomerate inspired, but I'm sure you could make something that fits into the Separa'Shan mythos and whatever they're inspired from. There are probably a lot of Elysian patrician political families that aren't codified, too!

I wanna see more Kyoshi and Chen mentions, tbh fam.

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=yamatai:clans

RPG-D RPGfix
Back