• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: Fort Ready Class 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarQuid

Inactive Member
Author Wes

Beyond the central courtyard's cobblestone-bordered concrete pad, a cobblestone-lined sidewalk led to the large metal doors of the stone barracks building. Inside, there was a lobby area with a Nekovalkyrja sentry, and stairs on either side, leading up and down to the other levels. The floors were made of polished white marble.

A trail of paper signs was taped to the walls, labeled "Class 2."

Upstairs in the barracks rooms, there were ten bunks on either side of the room, with a bathroom at the end. The plain-looking bunk-beds had white sheets and light gray blankets, with white pillows. At the foot of each bed were two large black plastic foot lockers.

The new batch of recruits were dropped off the night before their training, first arriving by shuttle, then brought to the barracks by trucks.

Author Snake

Several trucks halted in front of a large stone building carrying the new recruits of Class 2. Xavier jumped off and dragged his pack from the truck floor, slinging it onto his back and started toward the entrance of the barracks.

He stopped in front of it, expecting it to open. He tilted his head, a little confused and looked to either side of the door for a button. He continued standing there in front of the large metal doors slowly tapping his lower lip, unknowing the simplicity of the situation until another recruit simply walked past and pushed the doors open. She grinned at him, perhaps a little mockingly. Xavier's face lit up red, embarassed. He coughed and went on.

He entered the lobby and looked for the signs directing him to the Class 2 bunkers but instead, he was captivated by the swaying movement of a Nekovalkyrja guard. Xavier was quite fond of the Star Army of Yamatai uniform. It was quite a delite to watch a Nekovalkyrja in uniform. His eyes went up and down, scanning the fine curves on her body, then she caught on. He quickly turned his head to the nearest sign and started tapping his lower lip with one finger, pretending to concentrate on the sign. However, the sign consisted of only the words "Class 2" in big letters and an arrow. A bead of sweat emerged from his forehead as he felt the Nekovalkyrja glare into his back.

The sound of one footstep was enough to make Xavier walk quickly to the stairs and ascend. He entered the barracks room and chose a bunk at random and dumped his pack on the bed, sitting down with it. He wiped his forehead with his forearm and let out a sigh of relief.

Author Wes

"GET UP!! GET MOVING! MOVE IT MOVE IT MOVE IT MOVE IT!!"

It was four thirty a.m. the next morning. An instructor stormed around the room, knocking over beds and pulling mattresses out of under anyone who didn't get up immediately. "EVERYONE SHIT SHOWER AND SHAVE! YOU HAVE TWENTY MINUTES TO ALL BE OUTSIDE AND IN FORMATION. Don't bother dressing - we are going straight to the uniform issue facility

Author Snake

Xavier was startled by a slam in the room but did not fully become awake until his face hit the cold stone floor with his mattress atop him. He gave out a sigh and got up, putting the mattress back in place.

Well, might as well do as the instructor says.

Xavier headed to the bathroom and washed up. He was quick to finish up and headed for the uniform issue facility. Half way there, he realised he was only wearing his briefs. He shrugged and kept walking. The briefs streched to his middle thigh so it was okay. He made special effort to cast his eyes away from any Nekovalkyrja he came across as it would put him in a rather embarassing predicament.

((OOC: Italics is Xavier's thoughts btw. >_>))

Author Wes

Meanwhile, back at the barracks, the instructor walked back and forth in front of the formation of naked recruits and started calling off names to take attendance...

Author Snake

Xavier wandered around in the darkness in nothing but his briefs. He realised he was alone and no other recruits were with him. He had been in deep thought since he left the barracks

Hah, slow. They must not have finished washing up yet.

Xavier shrugged and continued walking in the darkness.

((OOC: Oh man, this is not going to end well for Xavier. I forgot about a roll call. *facepalms*))

Author Kaemon Oshiro

(OCC: I hate my stupid laptop >_<, didn't get my intro posted since the cord pretty much exploded on me and the company took forever to ship a replacement. Sorry, please forgive.)

Kaemon had been reading one of the textbooks loaded on his jet black TET Game Buddy late the night before, and had fallen asleep still in his uniform from the previous day. He suddenly found himself on the floor, inches from crushing his game buddy under his chest. He lay there listening to the officer's instruction before making any effort to do something.

I haven't the use of a shower, just a waste of time if you aren't dirty. Might as well just fix my bed instead.

Kaemon picked up the small mattress and placed it back onto the iron grate it was on minutes before. He placed his pillow at the top of the bed and fluffed it into a position which almost looked comfortable. Carefully pulled his grey cover up over, hiding the sight of the pillow and the bed which cushioned it. Once he finished, he joined the end of the line of naked recruits, being the only one wearing a thing.

Author Wes

The instructor stood there for what seemed like forever after taking roll.

"You there," he finally said, pointing to the lone soldier with clothing on. "There is a missing naked trainee around here. Find him!"

Author Kaemon Oshiro

"Yes, Sir!" Kaemon swiftly drifted into the shower room, but the other trainee wan't anywhere to be seen.

Joy! Now I have to go find some idiot who decided he could run free of the place...

Deciding the trainee wasn't in the barracks, Kaemon headed out into the hallway. He immediately slipped, flipping onto his back with a loud thud. "Owwwwwww," Kaemon moaned as he lay sprawled out on his back. After a minute or two, he got up and turned his attention to the small puddles leading down the hallway.

Well, now I won't have to wander aimlessly looking for this idiot.

Kaemon followed the small, vaguely foot shaped puddles down the hallway. He hoped no one would pass by him, because he knew he must look stupid focusing on the ground while walking

Author Cipher

Noboru was also late waking up, so when he did he blinked. The still dark barracks was no problem for his tapetum lucidum, which made the room look like it was lit up like a Christmas tree. Climbing out of his bunk wearing a pair of shorts and a t-shirt, he put on a pair of flip-flops and jogged out to role call. Along the way, he clipped down his sunglasses to allow him to see in the sunlight.

Author Devonus

Devonus had always been a light sleeper, so when it was time to wake up he was one of the few to jump up before his matress was flipped on top of him, of course he was still in a bit of a sleep induced dazed so it took him a few second to actually relize what the hell was going on...

Huh... what in gods name, where am I? oh thats right Fort ready, first day class two.... well it doesn't look like our instructor is much for manners, but what the heck did i expect. Guess i better get ready.

He quickly ran to the shower falling in line behind dozens of other trainees, eager to begin the first day. He grabed a pair of sweat pants and a pair of running sneakers, decided to forgo the shirt though, seeing as they were getting their uniforms today.

He Began to march out, following the other recruits who were still in a complete daze, when he remembered something.

Uniforms.... arn't we suppose to have a side arm at all times when wearing a uniform? Better grab my 10 mm and Dark heart....

He quickly runs back to his bed grabs his suit case and yanks it open grabbing his 10 mm, checking the chamber real quick and clicking on the safety as he slides in a new magazine. A couple of trainees stare at him in desbeleif and then gape as he pulls out the 87 cm blade which he quickly retracts and stuffs down his pants leg, and stores the 10 mm in his pocket along with a spare magazine.

He marches out ignoring the stares from the other trainees and continues marching on, passing a pair of Neko gaurds who give a sly laugh as he passes by, he looks at them to see whats so funny and one points at his pants, where there is a bulge under his sweats from the 10 mm barrel, he gives a slight chuckle and pulls out the 10mm which immediatly stops their laughing and puts them into high alert... it was almost unheard of the trainees to be carrying fire arms before being issued uniforms.

He walks out a smug smile on his face as he lines up for role call.

Author Kaemon Oshiro

Kaemon kept walking along the corridor following the, now fading, watery footprints.

How far did this idiot decide to go? He should have noticed that no one else was coming by now.

Kaemon looked slowly down at the footprints and to his delight they had completely dried up.

Joy, now what am I supposed to do?

Author Devonus

Devonus stepped to attention and looked into the steely eyes of the Instructor. he hadn't planned on being late, but that's what you get for not thinking first. The early wake up time had hampered his thinking and now he had to answer to his Instructor.

"Sir,Devonus Doga, I was late because I had to return and retreive my side arms. If we are to be issued uniforms today, i'd rather have my own personal side arms then ones I'm not use to. But of course in any Army there are no excuses for being late."

He stood tall, knowing what ever punishment this instructor would deal out he had probably been through worse..... probably.

Then again, this is an army not a bunch of street toughs, these guys are trained to kill and hurt, so this could be ugly..

Author Aendri

Further on down the line, Kumiko sighed. If that trainee was being chewed out for being late, it was likely they all would, just as an example for the rest of the class.

Author Snake

Xavier yawned loudly as he looked around in the dark. He was still kinda tired and didn't know exactly where he was going. Come to think of it, there was no order to actually proceed to the uniforms area. He was still tired as he his mind was in a state of excitement the night before. Not so now, his eyes dreary and his mind groggy, he sat down on the cold stone and leaned back against the wall, promising to only close his eyes for a few seconds. His head slumped as he drifted off.

Author Wes

"Can't anyone around here follow directions?" the instructor grumbled. "Let's get marching to the uniform shop before all you naked people catch a cold. LEFT...FACE! FORWARD...MARCH!"

Author Aendri

Kumiko shivered, just noticing the cold. However, she marched along with the others, heading for their first day of work.

Author Kaemon Oshiro

Kaemon was wandering aimlessly now, hoping that he would somehow run into the missing trainee. Suddenly an odd loud noise came echoing from around the corner to the hallway up to the right.

What the heck was that?

He slowed down into a silent walk and edged quietly to the edge of the corridor. He then peered around it to see where the noise was coming from. There lying on the floor was the missing trainee, asleep and snoring loudly.

What the heck? What on Yamatai is that idiot thinking?

Kaemon walked over to the trainee and kicked him lightly in the side. "Wake up idiot, unless you want to have an even worse punishment."

Author Cipher

By chance, Noboru ended up at the front of the formation. He cursed fate for this, but nevertheless continued his march. Every now and then, his sunglasses would slip down and he would stumble from the blinding light that hit his un-shielded eyes. He quickly corrected it every time and continued on course.

Author Snake

Xavier was startled awake and his head flew up, smacking the stone cold wall he had lain against. He rubbed his head with his hand, one eye shut and peering at his new companion.

"Ouch." he said softly and got up.

Just in his briefs, he felt the chilly morning and shivered.

"Am I early?" he asked

Author Wes

Luckily, the formation caught up with Xavier and Kaemon.

"Get with the group, you slackers!" the instructor growled.

Soon, they'd get their standard issue items.

Author CSF Arikan

Krasus enjoyed his spot:Middle of the formation, no one would pay much attention to him.
He didn't let his mind wander however, and kept up with the formation as best he could.

Author Cipher

Akio's Uno sunglasses slipped down the bridge of his nose and dropped to the ground. Overwhelmed by the sudden inlet of light to his sensitive eyes, Noboru wheeled, stumbled and fell to the ground. He covered his eyes with one hand, opening the gap between the middle and ring fingers large enough to see without letting in too much light, continued groping, and finally recovered his Unos. He replaced them on his face and sprinted back into formation.

Author Wes

The instructor brought the mostly-naked formation to a halt outside the building where the uniforms would be issued, and then had the new recruits file into a door on the side into a room where some cat-eared girls in red-panel Star Army uniforms would measure all the important parts of the recruits' bodies.

After being measured, they were sent down a long line of stations, each issuing different uniform items:

Quote:
6 pairs of black boot socks

6 pairs of "euro" briefs (made of stretchy material) (MALE ONLY)
6 pair black seamless panties (FEMALE ONLY)
1 pair of black sandals
3 black bikini swimsuit bottoms w/ Star Army logo (FEMALE ONLY)
3 black bikini tops (FEMALE ONLY)
3 black swim trunks w/ Star Army logo (MALE ONLY)
3 white ringer T shirts (with Star Army of Yamatai logo)
1 white yukata with a Star Army logo pattern on it
1 black sash for the yukata
2 black T-shirts
2 pairs of light blue-gray pants
2 uniform jackets with red panels
1 pair of dark gray leather gloves
1 pair of leather boots, dark gray
1 pistol belt, leather, dark gray, with holster for Type 28 NSP
1 black tricorner hat with a red border
1 black overcoat ankle-length (MALE) or thigh length (FEMALE)
A toiletry kit (with toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, soap, electric razor, etc)
A Type 28 Training Pistol (non-lethal) and 3 rubber magazine simulators.
A combination lock for their foot lockerp/quote]

Once everyone had his/her gear, the instructor had everyone get into their exercise outfits (bikinis or trunks and white T-shirts) and haul their gear back to their bunks and ordered them to neatly put it away according to a chart glued to the inside of each foot locker's lid.

Author CSF Arikan

Why am I even here? oh yea, him... He thought, remembering his father.
He finished putting everything away in his foot locker, but in his own way, which he thought was more organized.

Author Cipher

Noboru took the duffle bag off of the counter and walked to his foot-locker, and un-ceremoniously threw everything into it. After that, he quickly organized everything in the following order:

Boot Socks x6, Briefs x6- left side, bottom layer

Type 28 NSP simulation pistol, rubber clips & pistol belt- right side, bottom layer

Welding Goggles- left side, on top of socks

Case for Uno Sunglasses- left side, on top of briefs

Overcoat- center, bottom

Tri-cornered hat- center, on top of overcoat

Boots and Gloves- left side, on top of socks and briefs

Toiletry kit- on top

He then memorized the combination and locked his foot-locker shut. He dressed in his trunks and t-shirt and walked back out into the field, still wearing the Unos.

I'm just hoping that I don't get my ass chewed out for being day-blind without sunglasses and wearing them everywhere, Noboru thought to himself.

Author Aendri

Kumiko quickly pulled on a t-shirt and bikini, then put all of her stuff in her locker. She then moved back out to the field, and waited for the next job.

Author CSF Arikan

Krasus put on what was required and ran out into the field as well, waiting for whatever was next.

Author Wes

Suddenly, sirens were going off all over the base! The instructor got a phone call on his communicator. "SHIT!"

Running over to the formation, he announced, "The Mishhuvurthyar are attacking!" He wanted to send the recruits out to fight, but they didn't have combat training yet.

Class one was somewhere out in town - they'd had armor and shuttle training.

Pointing at a few of the recruits, he said, "YOU GUYS! Take jeeps from the motor pool and find Class 1 in town and bring them to the Mindy armors. They'll know where the hangars are."

Turning to the others, he said, "The rest of you come with me. I'll lead you to an underground shelter."

Author CSF Arikan

Krasus ran to the motor pool and grabbed a jeep, not hesitating in the slightest.
"C'mon get in!" He yelled to the recruits following him.

Author Cipher

Noboru was next in line, hopping into the shotgun seat on the jeep. He took off his Unos and applied his welding goggles (nicknamed his 'action goggles' because they didn't fall off from his head at inconvenient times) and looked over at Krasus.

"Ready to go. Just don't trust me to shoot at anything; i'll navigate. And if it suddenly turns pitch black, i'll take the wheel."

Author CSF Arikan

Krasus didn't answer him, and drove off with the jeep, heading towards town.
"Whats with the goggles?"

Author Cipher

Noboru turned towards Krasus and lifted the goggles to his forehead. His uniformly colored silver/purple, pupil-less eyes glinted, reflecting the sun. He blinked, and replaced the goggles.

"Tapetum lucidum spawned from my genes to counteract a previous case of Noboru Syndrome, a degenerative condition in a typical Yamataian's eyes, happens around one in 5 million typical Yamatai or Nekovalkyrja. I'm a one in 5 million case for a disease that almost never happens." Noboru said.

Author CSF Arikan

"Thats, ah.. interesting..." He said, continueing to drive out to town.
"Disturbing, but interesting."

Author Cipher

"That's just about the first time I think I've heard a compliment about them in a long time, kid." Noboru said, continuing to keep a look-out for Class 1, or do the best job he could with his cloudy purple vision.

Author CSF Arikan

Krasus pulled into town, honking the horn on the jeep to bring people's attention.
"Go see if you can find them on foot, I'll keep watch on the jeep and see if I can bring their attention!!"

Author Cipher

"Alright." With surprising agility for a sun-blinded man, Noboru climbed out of the cabin and on to the sidewalk. He briefly contemplated going back and getting his training pistol, but thought against it, knowing if he fought a Mishhu, it would have no effect.

So he headed to the most likely location where off-duty soldiers would end up first- the town bar.

Author Aendri

Kumiko jumped into a second jeep, and pulled over to the parade ground to pick-up a second recruit.

Author Snake

After clothing himself and putting away the rest of his issued inventory, Xavier was beginning to drift off again as they marched when extremely loud sirens began to ring. Xavier jumped, startled and wide awake. The instructor pointed to another group of recruits to get another class and pointed in his direction to follow.

Xavier complied and followed the instructor with other recruits to the shelter.

Author Kaemon Oshiro

Kaemon had spent more time than the other student packing his locker in a near obsessive compulsive manner. He had arrived at the edge of the group last when the sirens had started blaring. With just his luck, he was one of the trainees picked to get class one.

Kaemon had fallen behind the other chosen trainees on the run to the jeeps. Luckily a second jeep pulled up and he jumped in half tripping over the edge of the door. "Lets Go!"

Author CSF Arikan

Blaring the horn suddenly felt silly to Krasus. Who's attention would it grab if there was no one that wanted pick-up?
He groaned as he started honking the horn in the Star Army of Yamatai's Anthem.

Author Shobo Saki

The previously unnoticed Neko, Saki, now clothed, sat in the Jeep while the horn was blared annoyingly. Saki figured it was safe to assume Krasus didn't realize she was there. Wonderful..Shobo Saki, Unnoticable Neko. Quite annoyed, Saki made herself known, saying," Could you quit it with the horn? Please? It's annoying,and attracts attention." Did it really help that Saki's first spoken worf was a complaint? Not really...

Author Cipher

Akio had collected from the bar he had wandered into that one of the new recruits was sighted exiting the candy store. So Noboru wandered over to the candy store. The clerk said that the group had exited and headed for the beach, and noboru's arms went slack.

"Aww man, i'll never get there..." He whined, but then his memory linked back into action and he ran back to the jeep.

"Hey, head for the bea- Who the hell are you?" Noboru said, climbing into the shotgun seat where he'd been before. He was aiming the comment at the as of yet un-noticed Nekovalkyrja in the back of the jeep.

"Never mind. Driver, head for the beach, now!"

Author Shobo Saki

"Oh, hello. I'm Shobo Saki. Sorry I hadn't said anything to warn anyone of my presence. Who are you?" Saki tried to be polite as he could, even though this fellow had been a little rude. Well, she hadn't said or done anything noticeable..

Author Cipher

"Akio Noboru. Sorry for being so rude, but if you haven't noticed at the moment, I'm just a little under pressure." Noboru said the statement with rapidity and gusto, then lifted his goggles and rubbed his pupil-less, uniform silver/purple eyes.

"Get this thing moving!" Noboru was almost shouting at Krasus, by now having expected the jeep to be heading for the beach.

Author Shobo Saki

"Pleased to meet you, Noboru-san. I can see this is a stressful environment. And I'm sure we'll be moving shortly..if this person has any sense..." Saki glanced at the other person. Apparently he wasn't being quick about driving. Saki brushed one of her twin blue braids out of her violet eyes, and tried to think optimitsicly. He will listen..we will move..

Author Cipher

"I'm pretty sure he has sense, I just doubt he uses a lot of it, Saki." Noboru said, only now he was pushing Krasus out of the way and climbing into the driver's seat. Once he had re-positioned Krasus and strapped himself in, he looked at the gears.

"Oh great, it's a manual..." Noboru whined, then shifted into first gear and took off down the street.

Author Shobo Saki

"That's one way to get things moving..." said Saki as Noboru took control of the wheel. As they drove away, Saki wondered exactly what they would find once they got there...Good? Bad? Weird? Things had been increasingly eventful since Saki arrived at Fort Ready. Now what?

Author CSF Arikan

Krasus was embarrased, his ears were still ringing from blaring the horn for about four minutes.
"Sorry..." he grumbled, not caring to listen for a reply, but looking out for any of the people they were supposed to pick up.
Wait, he couldn't remember what he was supposed to do, he groaned, he had let himself forget.
"What are we doing again?" he said, furthering his embarrasment.

Author Aendri

Kumiko pulled out at speeds far exceeding what she should be driving. "I'll try to catch us up to the others so we can get more people!"

Author Kaemon Oshiro

Kaemon nodded in agreement with Kumiko. He was now scanning the the area with his bullseye pattern eyes. Both irises were focusing simultaneously, giving Kaemon a very odd appearance.

Author Cipher

Noboru picked up the lag that was taken when Krasus was still at the wheel, compensating by going above the speed limit, a rarity for the Santo Hei, but a necessary evil in the face of a Mishhu invasion.

He looked over the top of the back-seat and past Saki to observe the road behind him, and saw another military jeep a few hundred yards back. Noboru pulled to the curb and stopped.

"Saki, go back and see if you can stop that jeep behind us, there may be more personnel."

Author Shobo Saki

"You got it, Noboru-san." said Saki as she jumped out of the jeep.But how do you stop a jeeep without getting run over? Very carefully..Saki put out both three-fingered hands and yelled, "Hey! You! Stop!" Then, realizing they couldn't very well see or hear her, she murmured, "Real dense, Saki." She ran out a ways and then tried again. "STOP!!"

Author Cipher

'Oh boy... Here we go.' Noboru thought to himself, watching Saki's actions as she attempted to get the jeep to stop.

"Watch the jeep." Noboru said, climbing out of the jeep and calmly crossing the street towards Saki, circling around the back of the jeep and helping to flag down the other Yamataian vehicle.

Author Shobo Saki

"okay, I'll watch the jeep. And by the way, it kind of looks like they're speeding. Don't get hit. That would hurt. And I really don't like people getting hurt." Saki said, feeling that it was possible Noboru thought she wasn't doing an adequate job. That bothered her. Was he upset with her? Oh dear.."Noboru-san? Are you upset with me? Did you feel I was not adequately flagging down the vehicle? Please forgive my poor performance! Oh no! I have failed! I am so sorry!!" Saki really much preferred that people were pleased with her actions. Could she have failed? Oh dear..oh dear..

Author Cipher

Oh great, and I thought mentally stable Nekovalkyrja were hard enough to deal with... Now I have to deal with a nutcase. Noboru sighed.

"You haven't failed anything, I just figured you could use some help..." Noboru said, walking up next to her. He was trusting Krasus with the jeep, a gambit which he knew he would eventually regret.

Author Shobo Saki

"I'm sorry, really. I was designed to make people happy. I was just afraid you weren't happy with me. I'm kind of afraid of displeasing people. Now you probably think I'm weird, or crazy. I'll watch the jeep. Sorry for overreacting. I had better not leave that other person alone..Please excuse me. " Saki wasn't really making friends. First nobody noticed she was there, now they probably thought she was crazy. Well, now she had to wtach the jeep. Hopefully she wouldn't screw THAT up.

Author CSF Arikan

"Are you a care-taker or something?" Krasus asked, the ringing in his ears starting to go away.
"I think she can handle the jeep Noboru-it is Noboru right? Well, if we split up I think we can cover more ground." He suggested, not waiting for a reply but still listening for one.

Author Devonus

Devonus had just finished packing his items when the siren began to blare out of no where, He knew it couldn't be good, especially after his instructor got a call.....

What the hell now..

Before his instructor had finished talking, devonus had already unpacked all of his ammo layed it out methodically and had checked his 10 mm and had begun to equip the silencer when the instructor began to bark orders.

He contemplated heading out with people looking for Class 1, but they were gone by the time he grabbed Dark heart and got to the motor pool....

Not much good in open ground combat anyways, i'll do more good if i set in doors to defend at the shelter.

so he turned on a dime and ran back and followed the line of recruits, staying towards the back hoping to talk to the instructor to gain better details of the interior of structure and possible defensive srategies....

But why the hell would he want to talk to a recruit about that?.... because this recruits been fighting dirty backahanded fights since he was a kid, especially in dark crowded quarters, against uneven odds.

But he probably doesn't know that..... and he proabably has more experiance with this then me.... he wasn't selected to train a bunch of amateurs because he doesn't know what the hell he's doing.

But that brought devonus to a more disturbing thought....

How many actual soldiers are in this fort, this a training fort, not a major military base.

So he began looking over his fellow recruits.... most were scared, and jumpy some anxiously fingering their guns... they hadn't even gone through basic fire arm protocals yet. How many actualy knew to keep the safety on and not shoot their own feet or some one else. Many of these recruits looked like they were ready to shoot at the first shadow the saw..

he did have some hope though. Class one had been around for a awhile, and the People that had gone to find them had seem to have kept their heads pretty clear.

Author Shobo Saki

"Yes, I was designed as a caretaker. When I'm done here at Fort Ready, I'll be the caretaker for the YSS Celia. Splitting up would cover more ground, but when seperated you are more easily harmed. I'll stay with the jeep, as said. By the way, what's your name exactly? I'm Shobo Saki." Saki said, wondering why this person had not spoken before now.

Author Aendri

Kumiko saw another person in their training uniform standing off in the distance. "Let's see who that is. I doubt it's one of the class 1 guys, but at least it will give us a point to start searching from." With this, she started driving in that direction.

Author CSF Arikan

"The name is Krasus. And yes we could be more easily harmed but what other choice do we have? The more time we waste searching is the more time they have to slaughter us." He replied.

Author Shobo Saki

"Pleased to make your accaquainatnce. And I see there no further courses of action to take but this. Very well, Krasus-san. I'll stay with the jeep. You go that way, Noboru-san, you go the other.Quickly. " Saki said. Hopefully the jeep would be the safest place..

Author Cipher

"No need. Looks like we've caught their attention-" For a moment, as he looked up at the sky while waving his arms, he caught a mysterious flash and went blind. He gritted his teeth and water trickled from the corner of his eyes, pooling at the bottom of his goggles. He stumbled and fell in a futile effort to remain on his feet. The effect, however, soon wore off. He lifted the goggles to his forehead and wiped at his eyes.

"What the hell was that?" He thought out loud as the jeep drew closer.

Author CSF Arikan

"That looked rather interesting. And same to you Shobo. And I Don't see any class ones?"

Author Shobo Saki

"Are you alright, Noboru-san?" said Saki, realizing something was wrong with him. "It seems someone has noticed us. We should check it out." Saki wondered what had happened to Noboru. He had been just fine a second ago..It probably had something to do with the goggles..And why had Krasus called her by her last name? "My name's Saki.."

Author Aendri

Kumiko pulled up, still blinking from the earlier flash. "I'm Kumiko Endoh, Have you guys seen any of the class 1 one guys?

Author Cipher

"I'm fine." Noboru said, though he had forgotten to push the goggles down on his forehead. Snow-blind, he stumbled around until he walked straight into Saki.

"That's not a wall... Oh, sorry Saki." Noboru said, and backed away. The observant eye would've caught a flash of his monochromatic, pupil-less silver/purple eyes before they were once again covered by the welding goggles. He heard Kumiko somewhere behind him, turned around and saw her.

"Akio Noboru, and as a matter of fact, we were flagging you down for that very reason." Noboru said, then started back towards the jeep. "Follow us."

Author Shobo Saki

"It's okay..what's with the eyes, Noboru-san?"said Saki, suprised at his seeming blindness. "Hello, Kumiko. I'm Shobo Saki. Please do follow us." So she was looking for Class 1? How interesting..

Author CSF Arikan

"Oh, sorry Saki... The Horn kinda messed up my hearing..." He said.
"Hello Kumiko."

Author Cipher

"It's a long story. Y'see, I had a malfunction in my 22nd chromosome resulting in the loss of DNA fragments that led to night blindness. It's a one in five million condition, and I just happened to be that one." Noboru said, and lifted his goggles again. This time it revealed his eyes again, the sun not diluting the image at all. His eyes glinted, allowing him to take in all of the sunlight that would normally knock him flat.

"So when I transferred to a Yamataian body, I had a tapetum lucidum planted into my new eyes so that I would still be able to see in the dark without having to worry about Noboru Syndrome."

Author Aendri

"That's a cool feature. How about we head towards the strip? The others are probably down there."

Author Shobo Saki

"Sounds like a rare condition, luckily. Yes, let's head down there."

Author Cipher

"Sounds fine to me, and thanks. Oh, and one in five million odds are extremely rare, so far I only know of one other person who has Noboru Syndrome, and he doesn't get out much." Noboru said, heading back towards the jeep.

Author Shobo Saki

"One in five million? I'll remember that...Now let's go..."said Saki, heading back for the jeep.

Author Cipher

Noboru reached the jeep moments before Saki did, and once again climbed into the shotgun seat. He relayed the message to Krasus quickly.

"Head for the strip, that's where this Kumiko person says they might be."

Author Aendri

With the others ready, Kumiko pulled out, and headed downtown, moving slower now due to the presence of others.

Author Cipher

(Suggesting a time-skip to the Strip)

Author Devonus

Meanwhile Back at the shelter devonus paced impatiently back and forth. While some of the recruits were out trying to find Class one devonus and a the rest were stuck here waiting. He'd figured out awhile ago that a ground ijnvasion was unlikely or else they'd already be here, but he still wanted to do something.

then it struck him, while the Other recruits wer out trying to find class one, perhaps some of them should go and make sure the Power armors were secure. Of course they were probably gaurded by capable Star army personell but it couldn't hurt.

Devonus approached the Instructor, slightly nervous about adressing him, but figured what the hell any ways. He clears his throught to get the instructor's attention.

"Sir maybe some of us should go to make sure the Power armors are secure, last thing we need is for the people from class 1 to walk into an ambush considering their the only ones with any power armor training."

(OOC: This way me and snake can get involved.)

Author Wes

"Hmm, it looks like the battle is over, for now," the instructor said. "Hmm. Once class one is back, I want them to teach your class how to use the power armors...just in case."

Author Aendri

Kumiko pulled up outside of a store on the strip, and got out. "Let's ask around and see if anyone has seen the others."

Author Cipher

Noboru seemed dejected, obviously, because he had gathered the information before Kumiko had even showed up, but regardless he departed and headed out towards one of the stores, appearing to be a gun shop.

Author CSF Arikan

Krasus stayed with the vehicle, allowing Saki to drive.
"Yes, I'll call out." And he did just that to anyone they passed. yelling for Class one or anyone who knew where they were.

Author Shobo Saki

Saki kept her eyes on the road, searching for a sign of class 1. "There has to bea bettter way to find them." But what?

Author Wes

One of the shop keepers ran out to the jeep. "I think they were going to the beach - they bought bathing suits."

Author CSF Arikan

"Okay Saki, thats our best bet! Get to the beach!" He called to Saki.

Author Cipher

Noboru sighed. Just where I was told they were... Regardless, he walked back to one of the jeeps.

Author Aendri

Kumiko heard the shopkeeper, and ran back to the jeep. "Lets go!"

Author Cipher

Kumiko reached her jeep shortly after Noboru, who had climbed into the front passenger seat (shotgun position) and waited for her to go. He tapped his fingers on his thighs and blinked repeatedly.

Author Shobo Saki

"You got it. " said Saki, pulling away headed to the beach. Why the beach? Oh well...Saki drove off, eyes on the road. Let's hope the skopkeeper was right...

Author Kaemon Oshiro

Kaemon jumped into the back of the jeep just after arrived Kumiko arrived. Having been farther down the strip the the other two, and out of earshot, Kaemon was quick to discover what they had heard. "What did the shopkeeper say?"

Author Cipher

"We're headed for the beach, like we should have before." Noboru stated bluntly after Kaemon had reached the jeep.

Author CSF Arikan

Krasus felt excited, the beach looming closer, he knew they would find Class One soon.
"Step on it!"

Author Aendri

"All right guys, let's hurry up.

Author Shobo Saki

"I'm going as fast as I can without risking injuring anybody. Still, we're close."

Author CSF Arikan

"Sorry Saki. I was excited a bit."
He sat back down in his seat as he said this.

(This is POSSIBLY my last post. The hurricane that is coming might hit Texas... and more specifically me... (im on the coast in texas) so i am probably evacuating on wednsday.)

Author Wes

The bus was just pulling off as they arrived on the oceanfront.

Author Cipher

Noboru jumped out of the jeep and ran along the shore front, trying desperately to make his way to the door of the bus. He felt like an idiot, and a partially day-blind idiot at that, but somehow kept a straight line.

Author Aendri

Kumiko, slightly behind Noboru and slightly faster, ran to catch up to him, and maybe the bus.

Author CSF Arikan

Krasus jumped up, copying Saki in running after Noboru.
"Catch the bus Noboru!" He cheered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back