• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Interest Check [Colonial Pact] 8556th Pact Marine Raiders

Arieg

DEFCON Everybody Dies
The first of hopefully many plots for the Valmet Colonial Pact, this bit of theater will center on the day to day lives of the six man lead element of the thread's named unit. Consisting of a four man recon/raiding squad equipped with Kortik Light Assault Power Armors and a two man support element equipped with exo-armor operating a tracked assault and support vehicle.

The mission and overall plot will be taking place on a large mostly arid world ruled by brigands, pirates, and a not so small faction of mishhu carving out their own little kingdom. The overall op for us will be simple, we will be the lead recon element for a large scale mechanized force tasked with obliterating all major resistance and taking and pacifying any major population centers we identify. As such expect to be in the middle of large scale combined arms battles, quiet behind enemy lines scouting operations, and the infiltration of tattooine style settlements.

Now for the big issue at hand the character creation bits and a good chunk of the equipment we will be using is a work in progress which I hope to correct by the aimed starting point for this plot on the 25th. If anything I plan on using any of you interested players to help me build these things, mostly by asking questions about the involved faction through the character creation process and requesting equipment (grenades are coming I swear)!

• Realism - Aside from being a scifi plot I do plan on a narrow margin when it comes to the brutality of futuristic combat as well as the unforgiving nature of being in the middle of a large scale clash. Expect gore, exploding vehicles, crew climbing out on fire, and all the general chaos of a battlefield being rained on with energy weapons and high velocity fragmentation.
  • Difficulty Level - While you will get some leeway being player characters you are not playing Halo CE on easy, step into the line of fire or run out in front of a heavy weapon at your own risk. Additionally insubordination is a thing in the Pact military, unless your a Sergeant I wouldn't advise refusing or disobeying orders on the line.
Anyways this is what I have so far and I will be working like a busy monkey in the machine to turn this plot into a reality, any questions?

Plot Positions Open! Bare in mind we're the command element of a five vehicle recon formation.

Unit Designation - Badger One

Scout Team

CO - Myself (Badger One Actual)
XO - (Badger One-Two)
Recon Trooper - xImmortalxBeauty (Badger One-Three)
Recon Trooper - ArsenicJohn (Badger One-Four)

Vehicle Crew

Driver/Mechanic - Zekec (Badger One-Track One)
Gunner/Medic - Seehund (Badger One-Track Two)

Last edited:
@Arieg - I, for one, have several questions.
  • Shouldn't all of this equipment be approved by the NTSE prior to its usage?
  • Where is the wiki article for the planet this is occurring on?
  • Where is the wiki article for the star system this is occurring in?
  • Where are the wiki articles for the brigands and pirates?

Shouldn't all of this equipment be approved by the NTSE prior to its usage?
- The plot is aimed at launching on the 25th, time to knock out what I need.

Why does the entire premise of this plot sound extremely familiar?
- One is dead as I do not see a forum for it and the other is a tank plot I believe? This plot is a reconnaissance in force element, specifically the lead element that will be riding 'shotgun' for a large scale mechanized force moving over the surface of a desert world. Familiar yes but there is no monopoly on plot types, especially not on surface mechanized warfare.

Where is the wiki article for the planet this is occurring on?
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:santa-torga-prime - Under construction as you can see but fairly far along, I even have a surface and elevation map already made. This is mostly fill in the blank.

Where is the wiki article for the star system this is occurring in?
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:tortuga - Also a work in progress but should be easily rectified.

Where are the wiki articles for the brigands and pirates?
- I don't exactly need a wiki article, if your curious about force composition and equipment I'll probably be pulling from the common pools such as the NMX equipment, zen gear, stolen Origin vehicles and weapons. Effectively enough to make a good OPFOR for this plot.

Might you be interested in making a Pact character @FrostJaeger? I'm going to get everyone a BDO face shot for character art in the very least.

Arieg, here is some good advice: Ignore Frost's criticism and focus on getting your RP started.

You don't have to get everything wikified before you start your RP. You also don't have to worry about your infantry and tank plot being a copy of anything since after all we've got a dozen starship plots and plenty of variety on that theme.

Get one or two people and start playing. The rest falls into place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Badger One-Actual, Badger One-Two, Requesting Orders. How copy, over?

Actually, I need to actually cut down on what I am doing before I lose my mind. Good luck on plot stuff.

Last edited:
I'm having a hard time keeping up with the plots I'm already in. I don't think I'm going to be able to join.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back