• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Colonists?

Rob

Inactive Member
the Geshrin are old human colonists who have got new bodies etc thanks to PNUgen correct?

if so... do we ever get to meet old humans? like... they still exist right?

i mean... a neko or geshrin or whatever scout ship could recieve distress calls over an old radio frequency and it turns out that

a) a human deep space ship has broken down

or b) is being attacked by (for example) Mishhuvurthyar

Geshrin are actually descended from Nepleslian colonists.

The Nepleslians are humans. Of course, Elysians (the ones with wings) and elves are also considered humans.

First things first, Wes has final say on the details of the setting. Heck, I just recently discovered that I have been spelling "Nepleslia" wrong. o_O But, I do like to ramble on about the YSA universe, so here goes.

As I recall, the Nepleslians are genetically homo sapiens, who are descended from colonists from several other nearby star systems, many of which are no longer inhabited. The origin of these "humans", however, remains a mystery. No records of Earth exists, and the planet can not be found in current star charts. And no one could explain how a low-tech human civilization came to be on Fenyar (whose sun conveniently went super-nova recently).

Interestingly enough, the Nerimians, the YSA's extra-universal allies, do trace their origins back to a planet called Earth. That Earth, of course, is in their universe. Just to make the whole thing even more confusing, the Nerimians are genetically homo stellaris (spelling?), a more evolved form, with more prevalence of psy abilities. (The Geshrin's psy abilities are genetically engineered, of course. And I think these abilities gets a little "boost" from the nodal system that Wes talked about.)

So, Nepleslians are just normal humans. Psy-abilities among them are very rare. They mostly rely on cybernetics to augment themselves. Lastly, female births are now extremely rare (p < 0.001?), due to an unfortunate genetic mutation in the human genome.

But the Empire has legions of catgirl soldiers to balance that out, so everyone's happy. :)

This places a good question though. I don't believe the initial question was answered. Could we by chance find a colony of base, Earth Tech leveled ((Or similar of course)) human beings anywhere in the setting? I think it would be a hilarious culture shock, even better than the Vekimen meeting the Yamataians because of how closely related the humans would be to a majority of the sector.

This has sort of of already happened: 188604 is a plot about some SARP guys taking over a low-tech planet of humans they found, and there was also a plot about the Abwehrans encountering Khorsovarolor, which is a human colony we found, with lower tech than others. So it could probably happen again.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back