• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Common Supply Chain Ammuniton

We should probably coordinate this so Nepleslia and Yamatai are compatible. Maybe some international arms standards?

The original plan was to make standards for Nepleslia to follow for its weapons and encourage other people to use these ammunition types. Since CSCA is a specification (not an actual item) anyone can make CSCA compatible batteries / grenades / shotgun shells without having to check in with NAM.

If someone has a specific shell type or power pack that works with CSCA weapons, it can be linked to from this page. CSCA using weapons can also be linked to from here so people know what their ammo works with.

---

As far as KFY is concerned, they aren't using coin rounds, the CSCA 40mm grenade is already standard in Nepleslia, and the 3 inch 12 gauge round is fairly standard for shotguns already (though if you want to talk shotguns and KFY had a reason to, 2.75in rounds are fine. I just didn't see a huge difference between the two).

The clip together batteries can easily be clipped together in any amount to make them suitable for whatever weapon system. This type of battery is amazing for swapping between rifles, pistols, and other weapons. The size was determined somewhat arbitrarily though and if KFY wants to weigh in on a better battery format then I wouldn't mind hearing it. (though nothing stops someone from making a battery with the same specifications but with more features like a power indicator, or with more capacity to hold power due to better materials used. I'm more interested in just making it fit and work with other weapons).

Finally, I would like to avoid having a bunch of different standardized ammunition. A 20mm round, 30mm round, and a 40mm round all being 'standard' kinda defeats the point of being able to swap around ammunition as needed. Though I wouldn't mind having a standard pistol/SMG round. The .45 would be my first choice for that since its already used by the popular HHG and isn't too big to not be used in an SMG.

---

I was considering a 'corporate relations conference' to help get everyone on the same page about products and talk about ways to make more things that work together instead of everyone having to produce their own versions of everything.

Uso said:
I was considering a 'corporate relations conference' to help get everyone on the same page about products and talk about ways to make more things that work together instead of everyone having to produce their own versions of everything.

I might be interested in getting Origin in on something like this. The huge number of different ammunition needed for each and every weapon was something that always kind of bugged me. It's fluff we don't really need that just makes things difficult for Players and GM's, and is a lot to keep track of.

Wazu has a few things he wants to get settled with the various corporations, but the main thing would probably be standardizing a pistol/SMG round since KFY/Origin will likely want 10mm because of their product line and NAM will push for .45 for the same reason.

Though that is more of an RP opportunity for later. I'll send out invites and get it set up once this is approved.

A lot of those weapons are old, not up to date, or have broken art links.

the .45 is attractive because it is used by the HHG which is popular amongst players.

I think this is a really good idea actually. Common ammo is a great way to help with gun submissions.

I'm ready to approve this based on tech, but I would like to see what the other Nepleslian leaders feel have to say. A switch from normal bullets to funky coin things is a big change for Nepleslia, which has been doing just fine with normal ammo for hundreds of years. What's the IC motivation?

Nep isn't abandoning other types of ammunition, these are just the ones that are standardized under CSCA.

The 40mm grenade is widely used already, as is the 12 gauge so that was an easy choice.

The battery pack doesn't have any energy weapons to go with it yet, but battery packs are way too versatile to not be put into use.

And the coin rounds belong to the HPAR which is pretty much universally loved by Nepleslians in power armor. Rather than try and take it away I decided to try and find new ways to use the ammo to fit with CSCA.

As far as conventional rifles and such go we have a ton of IAW's and ammo to go along with it. We've got a few .45 weapons, a .500 gyrojet in the works and a mess of weapons that use ammo from .22 up to .50cal. I don't think right now is a good time to standardize a conventional round yet, not until everyone gets together and has a chance to talk it out.

The mother of innovation is the desire to improve. Some people will see a use for this ammo, some will not. What matters is that people use it, and use it for the things they want. This is something along the same lines as Warsaw and NATO weapons. Anyone can make their own kind of CSCA weapons with this ammo, but if they don't like the whole coin idea, they can make their own Nepsaw ammo for different guns.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…