Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

SACN [Communication] Kage Yaichiro/Jalen Sune

Toshiro

Inactive Member
To Jalen Sune-Shosa
First Officer, YSS Eucharis, NG-X1-408

Hello Sune, it's been quite a while. I hope you and the crew are well. I am contacting you today in hopes of seeing if an upgrade to your Type 31 Science Scanner Units is possible, possibly of the same type as the Type 31 Lifeform Detection System. I wish to see the same upgrades implemented to the other units as well, or perhaps have all four scanner units in the same armature. I feel there is a need for more internal sensors aboard our ships, as many of the recent advances have been in external sensor technology or the defeat of such.

I feel that each sensor has its own benefits, with the Chemical and Emission sensors being useful to help the computer system more accurately monitor ship systems, perhaps even to help determine the effect of wear or damage on the ship systems and indicate what needs repaired or even to prioritize maintenance; while the Scalar sensor can be used to detect various forms of radiant energy and track weapons discharge or energies more effectively. Because of this, I would like to incorporate a ship-wide system of such sensors across the YSS Sakura II, my new command.

I know that being on the Eucharis means that you are busy by definition, so if you cannot develop such a system at this time I understand. I would, however, like your input as to the theoretical effectiveness of such a system or added concepts for improved effectiveness for future consideration.

fetch.php

Kage Yaichiro-Taisa
Commanding Officer, YSS Sakura II, NG-X1-395

To: Kage Yaichiro-Taisa

Greetings Yaichiro, congratulations on your promotion, and upon receiving your first command. Currently the crew of the Eucharis is enjoying some much deserved shore leave while the ship is getting some over due repairs.

As I find myself with some free time, I can see about coming up with the specs for a new internal sensor system. I will contact you once I have submitted my specs to KFY.

Warmest regards,
Jalen Sune-Shosa

To Jalen Sune-Shosa
First Officer, YSS Eucharis, NG-X1-408

Thank you, though I must confess that this is not my first command...my first command was a 5th XF ship which served until the UOC split. I left that assignment to stay with the empire, though my crew stayed behind. I've also commanded groups of ships, but largely from a remote administrative capacity geared toward repair.

None of them, however, were the home the YSS Sakura and the YSS Eucharis were. One day, you will also be offered a command, I am sure of it. Just be sure you're ready, because it will be like leaving home. It can be a good step in your career, or a cause of heavy regret.

In any case, I thank you very much for the consideration -- we truly need more internal sensors. There was a time not too long ago where maintenance conduits were not scanned at all within our craft.

fetch.php

Kage Yaichiro-Taisa
Commanding Officer, YSS Sakura II, NG-X1-395

RPG-D RPGfix
Back