• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Concern about Tall Power Armor Pilots

Ryszard

Inactive Member
How is it done if the power armor pilot is TALLER than the power armor?

I ask because my character (74 inches) is just a tad taller than the Mindy's (68.9 inches) employed by the Yamatai Star Army.

then you can't fit. There are size limits to the power armors so... yeah go look up the size of each till you find one you can fit in.

Genetically engineer the pilots to be shorter, natch!

No, really. The MINDY is made for Nekovalkyrja, to link up with their nifty little ingrown neural interfaces. Everyone else uses different sorts of armour, like (I believe) the PHALANX.

AH! I see!...Well...

I fit into the following I've found

Phalanx M1 Power Armor
Nataku M2 Power Armor
Delta M1-1A Urban Armor
Gamma M1-1B Tactical Interdiction Armor
Epsilon M1-1C Epsilon Squad Support Armor

Which of the above would I find being used by the Star Army of Yamatai?

The M3 Kylie is the armor that was made for those Star Army soldiers whom could not fit in in the M2 Mindy..

Ow... well, the Star Army will apparently use the Super PHALANX for it's non-neko/geshrin/yamataian members in YE 29.

It's just like today. Pilots now get assigned to be trained on an aircraft that suits their size, which is why so many women in the US Army fly the Kiowa helicopter, for example, while a lot of the taller men get stuck in a Chinook.

If you're too tall, you are just out of the program.

Probably should have read them before writing down your height- then again, that is why most armor pilots are Nekos. They and the armor were designed to compliment one another. Kind of like the Clan Pilots in Battletech.

Most of the PC's in the 17th fly Super Phalanxes. Come to think of it, I'm the only 'Neko >.>

I guess I see why I'm in the 17th...and I would have gone Nekovakyrja if they came commonly in male variants. But they don't, and I don't feel comfortable playing a female ^^;;

Then play a male that was accidentally transfered into a neko body and didn't have the funds to jump back. OR a male that wanted to pilot the Mindy and thought it "would be a good idea" to jump into a Neko body to do it and then regrets the jump. Then you could play a male uncomfortable in a female body and thus, be able to get in character very quickly.

You haven't read his profile have you? If he died, he'd be coming back as a geshrin 'cause doing otherwise would displease his father ^^;;

Nope. I was just throwing out ideas. He doesn't have to "die" to change his body.

No, but he would have issues with his father being highly displeased (Only reason he entered the military or does anything that has any effect upon his career)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…