• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Interest Check Corgan's Angels

What kind of plot do you want to play in?

• Colonization

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Mercenary

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tank Warfare

• Space Exploration

• Mystery

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Fantasy(non-canon)

• Post-apocalyptic(non-canon)

• Other(reply with idea)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A

ArsenicJohn

I have been wanting to run my own plot for a while. Last time I didn't get much of a response. I understand; an inexperienced GM is a risk. SO I'm going to try again and if only one person joins at first then we will start with one player. I'm going to take a poll to see what kind of plot is desired. If you have something you want to RP, this is the place to post. I will make it happen.
If you join my plot I only ask that you follow the site rules. Basically, don't infringe on the player's rights of another player I'm not going to set a word count but I ask that you try to write at least two paragraphs. I would prefer a post every 5 days but will speed things up if that's too slow.

If you don't like any of the ideas and have something else you want to RP, reply with a suggestion or PM me. Even if it's not set in the SARP universe. We can RP in Open, just remember it won't be canon.

OH and reply if you want in. Forgot to say that. x.x

Last edited by a moderator:
Course, if two ideas get a lot of votes, you could combine the 'genres'. But yeah, there's not enough mystery plots on the site. Closest I know is the Junpu.

What I'm about to say might take you by surprise. However, there's been a lot of plots that simply die recently because I think they need to consider this.

You should avoid using shared/used plot themes.

In the case of the 309th, it basically drowned your USO tanker idea due to most of the interest being there. This is also the case with how Alex, who wants to launch a mecha-oriented plot, is stretched thin between the spread of mecha players occupying other plots (such as the main 188 plot, Dig-It, and that one with the horny goat people). I think it's great people (including you) want to run these ideas, but these are far more niche plot themes than the mainstay that is copied between all of Yamatai (AKA Star Trek bridge bunnies).

Were it up to me, I'd recommend you take the Exploration plot. However, if you want to do post-apocalyptic/colonization, I might have some words to toss your way. It's a fairly unknown fact that I've been working on and preparing a certain group of aliens for Dig-It's first world. The Atsila aren't canonized/finalized yet (they haven't appeared because of this), but once the Dig-It crew leaves, there will be a group of colonists and these buggos trying to colonize a world that has half of it covered in nuclear, glass deserts.

If you want to work together on something (I'd be willing to Co-GM and help foster some of the work for it), then I'd be down for pulling out the ol' hype stick to build some swag up for you. But this all is, of course, up to you. I think the Colonization and Exploration themes are the best... and if you can make it work with a canon "post apoc" area? All the better, right?

That's kind of why I made this one a poll. :p I think it's going to be a mystery plot, though. That's not to say that I can't combine the ideas and do an exploration plot to find a place to colonize and they find a post-apocalyptic fantasy world with a mystery involving a mercenary steam tank battalion.

Just kidding about that. But a few of the ideas could go together, especially mystery and colonization. My idea for colonization is actually a USO-style plot, meaning giving the players freedom to do their own thing. USO doesn't seem to be as much of a frontier anymore, it's turning into a legitimate faction. I also really want to do a plot where super technology isn't readily available, but right now? Just looking to do something small and get some experience. And two people think that I should do mystery, so it'll be a mystery. Maybe involving a fledgling colony.

Thanks for the offer, Legix. I am going to decline for now, but if this doesn't work out I'll remember that.

So I decided the first "episode" of this mystery plot will be about people from an ID-SOL adventurer named Brick Ironsaw's reality show crew going missing. I still need to do some work to get ready. Pinging everyone that expressed interest in joining. @Ira @Acewing13

Update! I have started the plot as a crossover with Psychopomp and 188604 called Corgan's Angels. This is a USO plot, and as such could involve anyone from USO at any time. Currently, @Acewing13 and I are the only people in the plot. @Ira if you're still interested then we should discuss how Corgan would meet your character and then either do a JP or start a SP thread where she joins the team. I prefer SP as time zones and availability vary.

Once the Crossover mission is finished and maybe a few more people join I'll start up an actual OOC thread.

The original first mission has been put on hold, but you can expect Brick to show up in the plot eventually. It may or may not also eventually include several femme fatale, a hardboiled detective, tentacle monsters, alien parasites, and cheesy one-liners.

Currently, the mission of the Crossover is investigating strange disappearances that might have been alien abductions, complete with crop circles. No probing is involved although there may be jokes about it.

Also, Corgan's Angels is a nickname, it won't ever be used IC. If someone comes up with a better name I'll go with it. Other options I thought of were USO Noir and Osman City Confidential.

I'm thinking about asking if I can make it a part of FSCorp and call it FSCorp Investigations, or FSCI.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back