Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Corporation Creation?

topsecret221

Inactive Member
I want to create a military/civilian company with an experimental weapons/equipment development divsion. These weapons are extremely high-tech with a lot of thought put into them. Of course, experimental weapons/equipment carry the (potentially high) possibility of malfunctioning (which I believe is a major balancing factor), but I've never truely had a place to implement these devices and I think they will fall into the universe well.

I want to know how I would go about doing this and then subsequently which armies it would primarily back, unless it deals under the table to all sides (which I believe to be a gaping weak point and probably wouldn't do).
Also, I need to know if creating a character to act as CEO and founder of said company is necessary.

Most of the highest-tech stuff is controlled tightly by the major nations. Which nation would your corporation operate under?

Also, something like 80-90% of SARP corporations are weapons makers. How would your corporation be any different than, say, Origin or other weapon companies? How would it be needed and develop a customer base?

Generally, creating an NPC CEO is a good idea but it is not required.

Well, one thing I really want to implement is my s-bomb... weapon of mass destruction. As more and more research goes into it, the more viable it is, and (for roleplay purposes) the less likely it is to malfunction. However, other weapons will include military vehicles, light and heavy infantry weapons, teleportation devices (as of now, very bulky)... But we will focus equally as much on civilian equipment. Transportation, luggage, clothing, instruments, medicine, entertainment, power sources, entertainment, gaming, etc. Essentially a new age version of Yamaha.

Another Idea is to get into contact with the creators of other corporations and try working with them to get your stuff created. Many of these people know a lot more about the setting, and how to make Ideas work and fit, and can also help you succeed. Every new player wants to add something, but if every new player created a new corporation, our setting would be littered with unused coporations that don't do anything but make Guns.

By working with an existing corporation, you help cut down on clutter and vastly increase your chances of success. Trust me, it took me several years work to create my corporation and several more years to get it to the point it is today.

What I would suggest is making a character for one of the major factions, while at the same time working with a corporation on your designs, that way you get the best of experiences for the setting, and also learn what is really needed and wanted in the setting.

You have been a member of the site for a little over a week, TS. It generally is recommended you take a few months to adjust to our setting and our tech levels before you start submitting things, including corporations. However, working with Origin or Styrling is a good idea.

You can go about making a corporation in one of two ways:

1: Get a bunch of players together and start an RP

or

2: Get a peice of equipment one of the militaries would want to buy approved in the tech forum, then talk to the various factions about using that item.

Either way you'll need to get your corporation approved through the NTSE forum (Use the wiki to look at other corporations and post something similar for yours. The NTSE staff will help you get it right after that). PM me if you want help with your designs.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back