• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character Corrections & Cleanup: Rebeka Retena

OsakanOne

Retired Member
Hey all,

I've played Rebeka on and off (a lot of our stuff hasn't been uploaded yet) and I'm noticing small inconsistencies between the way I play her and how her article is written so I've re-written a substantial amount of it so the article is "cleaner" as it were.
Once this is sorted out (along with the roleplay article for the Maras) we'll be able to proceed on a regular basis.

I'd also like help producing a table for the general information section - The syntax makes no sense: I'd find it easier to write it in HTML with HTML insert but that'd be cheating the wiki's standards...

Art should come soon (next 3/5 days?)
Would a profile view head to toe or a bust (chest/head) be best? Thanks. :)

Quick-Skill

Quick skill is a Sourcian ability which permits Rebeka to very quickly learn a skill in a matter of hours for short-term use for as long as it is necessary. Depending on the execution, a quick-skill can occupy one skill slot (up to two quick skills at once) allowing Rebeka to perform two tasks well until they have not been exercised for 48 hours or a single slot whereby the skill will lost two weeks of in-game time and be of a far higher quality.

This is a no-go.

Clever, I admit. But two weeks can last for months OOC time, and that's just my personal beef with this. No other character is allowed such a thing, and your Sourcians are overpowered enough.

I agree with Jake.

Alright. That was in the original so it must have slid by.

Basically, what I wanted to infer was that she can pick up a practical skill (picking locks, cooking, tying knots... Simple motor skills) very quickly by watching people.

How would you reword it?

I'd take it out completely.

Skill slots aren't for "simple skills." They're for specializations. You need to pick skills and drop the ability.

Alright. I sorted it out, my lack of understanding being the problem. I wasn't sure how to manage that she's a quick learner and quite educated but isn't very bright in a lot of situations, lacking childhood experiences we take for granted and therefor the intuition to do something like use a can-opener, a crowbar or a pair of pliers without being shown first as so she can understand the mechanism.

I re-wrote it as a personality quirk.
Doshii, thanks for the help. :)

If there were a thumbs-up emoticon, I'd be using it.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back