Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

CQBS-A2

I don't see how it'd be ergonomic while being so short...consider a forward pistol grip.

Sorry, midterms and other factors have forced me to spend more time away from my computer. Will have an update by Friday when midterms clear up.

Edit: Forearm grip added.

Well, the only concern seemed to be the grip. But, I'll leave it up a little longer in case anyone else has something to add.

At 400 rounds a minute that 10 round clip would be gone kinda fast.

Like a second and a half kinda fast. Considering the fact that you'd only need one shell for a soft infantry target, I don't see how having anything faster than semi-auto would be useful. Shooting off all ten rounds in 1.5 seconds wouldn't give much time to aim, and probably end up wasting more ammo than not. Changing the clip literally every two seconds in this setting would be very inefficient. Did you have a specific reason for making this fully automatic? The only real purpose I could see this serving is laying down a wide spray of fire upon the initial breach. But being caught having to reload after 1.5 seconds would leave the soldier very vulnerable, so they would probably be better off with an automatic rifle anyway.

I noticed that, but think it is a carryover from the prior model.

But it might be prudent to have a selector for rate of fire.
Something like this
- Safe
- Single
- 3 round burst
- Auto

the ROF was, but the previous model only had single shot (which makes the ROF of it REALLY odd. someone should consider going back and changing that.)

I think it would be much more functional if you cut the ROF and made the clips hold more ammo. I'd halve the ROF at the very least.

If it's NAM, chances are it isn't sold to the public, and therefore does not have a price tag.

But one important aspect of the Nepleslian background is the prevalence of the black market. It's not unreasonable to assume that they could get their hands on some of these weapons, albeit at a higher price then what those that this weapon was intended for.

The automatic function on a shotgun is in the event of "I need all of my shells to be sent down range in the shortest amount of time possible." It follows the German decision behind the MG42 to bump it's ROF high in order to hit fast-moving and suddenly-appearing or disappearing targets, something you would find in close quarters fighting.

20 round magazines and price added.

Koenig808 said:
It follows the German decision behind the MG42 to bump it's ROF high

Again, the MG42 had 50/250 rounds to an end. It was also designed primarily to hit fast, distant targets. I still question the effectiveness of an automatic shotgun. :?

Perhaps he meant the MP40, rather than the MG42?

Also, Teddo, go look up the AA12, and then get back to me on the effectiveniess of automatic shotguns.

Hummm, there doesn't seem to be any review of the AA-12 being used in combat. Looking at it fire, though, I suppose a 20 round clip would work well enough. I'd be interested to see it with a drum magazine, though. That would definitely keep a soldier giving suppressive fire for a good amount of time.

And the MP40...? Personally I've never liked that thing. Why does everyone seem to reference Nazi tech for their weapons, though?

and Kai, BHOTR. ):<

Because, Aside from being Homicidal sociopaths, the Nazis were brilliant inventors.

And I did, Teddo.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back