• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Implemented Create A Struct Schema for Drugs & Medicines of the SARPiverse

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
I don't know if anyone else noticed but when the recent medical kits were approved (Advancer Enterprises) a ton of new drugs were introduced to the setting that Demibear has been creating (generating?). Of course they all have "drug names" that are about as informative as real-world drug names and there's now enough drugs in SARP that it's becoming impossible for the medic players such as myself and my character, the lovely Poppy Pink to keep track of them all and what they're used for. I need a spreadsheet that breaks them down by category and has notes for usage.

But why subject ourselves to table formatting hell and create something that will require updating (I got enough wiki work already!) when I can make a struct for it that will automatically keep the spreadsheet updated. The work of filling the struct in is a one-time deal (I can even outsource it to someone on Fiverr like I did with the products struct once). It seems like an obvious choice. The drugs schema will be applied only to items:drugs: in order to keep things sane instead of having to hunt down drugs in random corp namespaces. See. The "Items" Namespace - Future Plans

The reason I'm making this suggestion is to get feedback:
  • How much do you want this? (Upvote it to get it faster)
  • What fields do you want to see? Some ideas:
    • Faction Availability (Obviously you wouldn't normally see, for example, Iromakuanhe drugs in the YSE)
    • Addiction Risk
    • Ways to administer (oral, IV, injection, or Poppy's favorite, rectally)
    • Category of drugs by function
    • Species it works on
    • Species it doesn't work on
  • I don't want to overlap to the product schema so things like manufacturer and price will go there so we're not filling out the same thing more than once (do you notice a theme of me trying to reduce unnecessary work here? Lol.)
Side note: Eventually we may want to do this for diseases too but one thing at a time.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Currently the Senti drugs and toxicology page is a stub attatched to the main article, so I'll be happy to move it if this gets approved.

I'd also like to see species specific side effects, such as the whole Pepto Bismol being great for GI distress in humanoids but Senti meth thing.

I was initially just planning on keeping them within the Advancer namespace since it has a catalog page and summary. Plus there was a ton of them. I can move them back into it.

Don't do that, all drugs belong in the items:drugs: namespace.

I've started work on a drugs struct and it's now available on all pages in the items:drugs: namespace.

1703787213719.png

RPG-D RPGfix
Back