• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Implemented Create Risk Levels and Zones

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
This suggestion is to start designating areas of Star Army (e.g. places) at certain levels of risk, kind of like how EVE Online has security levels. These risk levels could form guidelines of the type of RP that could be held there. The idea is to kind of keep everyone on the same page of what is expected.

Suggested tiers are below:
  • Safe: Social zones of SARP where players aren't generally going to get attacked
    • Kyoto
    • Pisces
  • Low Risk: There's some risk in these areas but it's minimal if the players are well-equipped. GMs will avoid killing or seriously injuring characters in low risk zones.
    • Friendly worlds
  • Moderate Risk: In medium risk areas there's danger to player characters and a strong likelihood of running into enemies. Characters could get seriously injured.
    • Unexplored worlds
  • High Risk: In high risk areas it's inevitable that enemy forces who pose a serious or superior threat will attack the PCs who enter them, and the characters might die.
    • Enemy territory (e.g. Mishhu worlds)
Having explicitly stated risk levels would help avoid fiascos like the time my characters went out for a social night for drinks and I ended up fighting xenomorph-like giant cockroaches, which wasn't what I signed up for! Risk levels could also be added in struct so we could list places by risk easily.

If you like this suggestion, please upvote it using the post's upvote controls.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I like it. I remember that crazy thread. Yeah let's go relax. What!? We're being attacked by giant cockroaches!?

Wes got his NPCs out of there so fast. 🤣

Would these be strictly OOC? I like the idea of characters knowing there's moderate risk by going onto an unexplored world, etc.

OOC was the plan, but there's nothing wrong with having MEGAMI be like "Warning, this is designated as a high risk area by SAINT due to the likelihood of enemy attack."

Wish people could just know not to make a bad time in social threads 😅 like cmon we are in core Yamatai, you’re not going to get away with that and shouldn’t need a preemptive OOC note about it!

But the idea seems helpful even beyond the main reason stated. If it’s easy to implement then it’d be a good addition to the places struct.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back