• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Culturally appropriate greeting!

Should FM lay off the caffiene?

• Probably.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, he's entertaining.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FM

Inactive Member
I could just do the whole "Hi, I'm x, I'm glad to be in x" thing, but you know, that would be so cliche I'd be up a rope with a soap with a pig in a pie in a poke.

...okay, I don't even know what I typed there. But needless to say, I'll be doing one of those "FAQs", except none of these questions will have been frequently asked, or even asked at all. So it'll be me asking questions to myself.

Let's get on with the show!

Q: So who the **** are you, anyway?

A: Same to you, buddy. Call me FM. I'm a guy who dislikes forums, but loves RP, but hates anachronistic use of Japanese, but loves catgirls, but hates uncreative and unbelieveable characters, but loves space settings, but hates...uh...damn, I'm out.

Q: What do you do, punk?

A: Don't speak to your elders like that! I'm a student, and a theoretical writer. As in, I'm a writer in theory, but in practice I do some stuff but never finish it because something drags me away from it.

Q: Like RP, you unmotivated brat?

A: You're treading on dangerous water...surprisingly, no. In fact, RP is how I improve my writing. By thrusting myself into unfamilliar territory and putting myself into the shoes of my characters, in an environment that I can't predict and don't control, I learn quite a bit. I even get some new ideas.

Q: You mean you steal them.

A: Now I think that's a little harsh. Originality is overrated anyway. Quality first, originality second. After all, Steve Jobs said "Great artists steal."

Q: See, you just did it! You stole a quote from the turtleneck man!

A: That wasn't a question.

Q: Uh...uhhh....I'll be back! *runs*

And there you have it. A completely unneccecary exchange, for your entertainment! And that's who I am. If you have anything more to wonder about, you'll see me soon enough.

Welcome. It's not all Japanese and catgirls; you'll fit in nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back