• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Approved Submission Cupcake Tankette take 2

Zack

Inactive Member
Submission Type: Tankette Take 2
Submission URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=faction:uso:cupcake_afv

Faction: USO
FM Approved Yet? Yes
Faction requires art? Yes

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No
Contains New art? Yes
Previously Submitted? Yes / Alex has his own version of this, and this is something that I've been working on too. I finally got around to getting my version to come together. Instead of overwriting his I decided to submit it as a separate thing.

Notes:

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Sorry it's taken so long, but I need to ask a few things. Is this capable of flight in atmosphere? I see a sublight speed for what I assume is space use, but nothing for planetary flight. Also, what kind of shielding does it use? Gravitational or magnetic perhaps?

I added a value for planetary flight ( Mach .9) that should be below what is acceptable. I originally left that off because I didn't think we had rules for atmospheric flight so I'd rather just not mention it than give it some absurdly high value to keep pace with other submissions.

I also added in that the barrier specifically is an electrostatic field and a bit of anti-gravity.

I'm sorry for the wait - I didn't push the 'watch thread' button by accident. XD

Overall, the article looks good to go now, but one thing confuses me; if losing one movement pad forces it to drive on the ground, what happens if it loses two? Wouldn't that immobilize it sooner, especially if both are on the same side?

I figure the wheels and anti-gravity engines are strong enough to still push it around on the ground if it loses two pads.

It would just end up dragging whatever stumps of legs it has left along the ground.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back