• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Dageki - Strike Module

Your Zesuaium Securing spike will not work, I think. Unless I am reading it wrong, you are trying to Bend Zesuaium, which cannot be done. Please either clarify on this or change it.

Also, How does the Dageki get to it's target ship if it cannot fly under its own power? Is it fired at the target? Is it dragged by something? And If it's dragged by something, like, say, a shuttle, wouldn't it be much easier to just make a modification to the shuttle that gives it the cutters and allows it to deploy a temporary airlock?

Yup. Zesu "Neither bends, nor breaks." Only way to shape it is the initial molding, or by blasting it with plasma, anti-matter or good old fashioned aether.

Actually its those very properties that allow it to work. I have added an image of the spike, and corrected some verbage.

The spike consists of three pieces, and when the central one is retracted it pushes the other two pieces outward. Since Zesuaium doesn't bend, when the central piece is pulled back, the other sections will press against the sides of the hole. It is the same principle as most wall fasteners.

Actually the article clearly states that it is delivered by a T7 shuttle. The shuttle acts as the delivery mechanism and holds the first group of soldiers to enter. Once the Dageki is in position, the shuttle leaves it and other T7's can dock with it to bring additional troops.

The idea of modifying a bunch of shuttles and having each one having to cut its way in, means just that. Each shuttle would be making a new hole. And then you have the problem of decompression when the shuttle leaves. With the Dageki, the atmosphere is maintained, and the first group can hold position so that the next group can safely egress.

I'm going to change the nomenclature to Ke-T7-B3100 (making it officially a subsystem of the T7 shuttle). Please move/rename the page to https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=st ... arding_pod

Its large size allows troops to exit by using rear large.
Huh? I think your sentence needs fixing.

I'm also surprised it has room for the fold-down door, but if you say so...

It erects a force field at activates the breaching blades.
Here's another broken sentence.

The air pressure forces the chunk out and it is allowed to float away.
Maybe we should use something like an inertia cannon or a graviton beam projector to assist.

Art for this submission would be very useful, as it is not the easiest to visualize.

By creating two openings in the target vessel it allows faster troop transfer and prevents a bottleneck situation.
Does it actually create two openings? Or is this just advice? It's confusing.

When activated the pad expresses a two part bonding compound. When the pad makes contact the compound is mixed and a chemical reaction causes it to bond to both the hull and the pad.
Hey, we could always use the adhesive from molecure tape.

Shields need a Damage Capacity number.

The idea is nice but the notion of a boarding pod is fundamentally flawed.

Edit:
Wes has issued me a warning for this comment so I'll substantiate it, repeating what I said in the other thread to substantiate the exact same comment:

It makes far more logical sense to either have the incision made by a specially designed round or to outfit an armor with cutting gear, since the ship can't fire upon itself and if another ship does or an armor does, it can drop everything it's doing and skip off the hull like a fly off a wall about to be swatted then land and resume after it's team-mates have dispatched the offending unit.

A pod is a big slow vulnerable thing. In a firefight, it's suicide to be in something the crew of a vessel recognize as a priority target unless you've disabled the vessel's weapons-array.

A pod slowly hurtles and smashes into a target, then has to burrow or lock and cut which could take anything upwards of 20 to 30 seconds. Worse, the boarding party will be blown out into space if the pod takes a hit once they're inside (At the very least, supply them with something to prevent this.)

And the notion of re-using one of these pods is frankly hilarious from an engineering standpoint. They would be disposable.

Wes said:
I'm going to change the nomenclature to Ke-T7-B3100 (making it officially a subsystem of the T7 shuttle). Please move/rename the page to https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=st ... arding_pod

Ok, Moved

Its large size allows troops to exit by using rear large.
Huh? I think your sentence needs fixing.

Fixed

I'm also surprised it has room for the fold-down door, but if you say so...

The front portion of the Dageki, is open space specifically to serve as a dock for the T7's

It erects a force field at activates the breaching blades.
Here's another broken sentence.

Fixed

The air pressure forces the chunk out and it is allowed to float away.
Maybe we should use something like an inertia cannon or a graviton beam projector to assist.

Added

Art for this submission would be very useful, as it is not the easiest to visualize.

In Process, working on a DOGA for the externals, and a separate image for the interior.

By creating two openings in the target vessel it allows faster troop transfer and prevents a bottleneck situation.
Does it actually create two openings? Or is this just advice? It's confusing.

The Dageki has the capabability to cut two openings in the target vessel at the same time, hence why two air lock tubes and two cutters.

When activated the pad expresses a two part bonding compound. When the pad makes contact the compound is mixed and a chemical reaction causes it to bond to both the hull and the pad.
Hey, we could always use the adhesive from molecure tape.

Revised to use the Molecure solution, and that the pad can apply the necessary electrical shock to release it.

Thinking this makes the spike unnecessary since the solution will bond to any material.

Shields need a Damage Capacity number.

Added

I would keep the spikes around, as a backup. Besides, you already made art for them.

Are you going to use the T7 from the DOGA pack I made to show the module attached to the shuttle's aft?

That will be one of the images I will create, first the Dageki stand alone, and then attached to the T7

ok, so I reversed the order.

Have added an image of the Dageki attached to a T7 shuttle.

Will add other images of the Dageki tomorrow.

Approved!

Congrats on winning the tech challenge!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn moreโ€ฆ