Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: 188604 [Date Nights] Akemi's Juicy Cockfight Night

• Thread starter Thread starter Dumont
  • Start date Start date
D

Dumont

>IN The Cockpit Tavern.

Of all the drinking establishments in Ragna-City, or Osman City, or whatever people are calling it: The Cockpit seemed to somehow be the fanciest, with the lowest class clientele. Nestled into the seafront mansion district, out the back of what was the Royal University, the sprawling establishment was lit with gaslights and full of the drunk and disorderly of the city this night. Somehow most easily found by following the Deputy-Brigadiers, but this night, the most interesting thing seemed to be the actual titular Cockpit. A dirt ring with wood cladding surrounding it, surrounding that was a roaring crowd screaming for the blood of a very pissed off breed of desert-bred Roosters.

Maybe less sophisticated, or elaborate than establishments out in the stars. But the liquor flowed, and the blood splattered. Maybe out the back in the guest rooms other bodily fluids were moved about one way or another. Still, this was where Akemi found himself: The pits.

Akemi thoroughly enjoyed the vivacious vibe of the place and was tempted to plunge right into the crowds but first he decided to work his way around the walls before gradually moving to the center of the action. He wanted to take note of everything and make sure that he didn't miss anyone particularly interesting as he combed the club. He sure enjoyed seeing Arccos' men relaxing. It was nice to know where they frequented so he could always vex his favourite Spacer through them or pass a message. It was also very pleasing to see businesses similar to his own thriving on the planet. He knew they were bound to exist on any world regardless of the level of technology or societal advancement but actually witnessing such establishments doing well really excited and motivated him. The thought occurred to him that given the great upheaval caused by Uso's arrival industries like his might be experiencing a massive boom. Originally he came to set up shop simply liking the idea of few regulations and having things no native could supply.

Things went about the way they do in this sort of place, shouts and cheers for the show. The stink of sweat and booze. As Akemi worked his way towards the center he found himself watching the ending minutes of a round. One of the scraggly looking birds hooking the spur on its scaly legs into the neck of another. A roar of victory and defeat from either side of the betting pool, as two Cockers and a Bookie hopped in the ring. One forlornly scooping up the body of his loser, the other raising up the victor in glory as the punters tossed in a shower of singles. Paper money, many of them printed with the image of that same Spacer... Seemed she was everywhere in some parts of this planet.

As the round wound down, Akemi would find himself left staring at the interior of the ring. Bloodspatters on posters pasted to the interior of the ring. Everything seemed to happen here according to the advertisements, from competitive ratting, to bareknuckle boxing. Seemed they covered as much ground as they could with what little was found naturally on this planet.

Almost as soon as the crowd dispersed towards their seats, or other rooms of the establishment; a somewhat grimy glass tapped down on top of the edge of the ring. A tall, and obviously space originated body sliding in beside Akemi. Muscled arms, and dirty blonde hair. A familiar twisted smile formed from a scar: The bodyguard from the beach... Akemi didn't get their name. They wore khaki chinos, tall boots and a white button-down shirt, underneath an NSMC dress jacket. Ex-military maybe?

"Shouldn't you be working?" That same slurred voice, mouth half-shut. "Or you looking for more weirdos to throw twenny-grand at?"

"Aw, you're not weird at all!" Akemi exclaimed in a shocked voice, obviously sounding very concerned as if he was suddenly seeing an adorable little wounded animal in need of medical aid or rescue. He quickly put forward a downturned palm to caution and assure her his words were true. "You're genuinely beautiful to me. I hope what I said didn't hurt you at all."

"Was talking about Kiri." The grinning Nepleslian said, raising the glass to their lips and swigging it back. They had to tilt their head aside to drink. "And most don't like it when you go 'hey, I love your deformities'. Usually got to make someone feel like you love them for their soul, or personality, or... I don't know. Taste in... Vintage Yamataian miniatures or whatever the fuck people like."

"You're absolutely right," Akemi immediately conceded, "but hey, think of it this way, isn't it potentially really exciting to have someone say they like you for your flaws and faults or that they see them as positives?" The man's immaculate features shone with an earnestness that made it clear he wholeheartedly believed what he was saying. "I mean if someone already likes you for the things that often turn people off imagine how much more they can like you when you combine them with all your other traits that are ordinarily considered appealing. Like you're liked for your weaknesses before they even see your strengths."

"Honestly just sounded like you wanted a freaky blowjob." They responded with a quick snap, turning the emptied glass upside down and leaving it there on the edge of the ring.

"Honestly," Akemi began, a massive guilty grin rapidly spreading across his face, "I absolutely totally would've loved one then and still would now, but there's much more to me than that so please don't hit me or something. I just wanted to be creative in how I complimented you. I like putting myself in risky and silly situations and seeing if I can make something good come out of them. I like being a clown and a fool to put people at ease and make it easy for them to open up to me. I also love getting a smile or laugh out of others even if it's at my own expense, heck, especially when it's at my expense because that makes sure it isn't at theirs."

The scarred Nepleslian gave a short huff, sort of like a little laugh that didn't come out quite right, and instead came out like a horse nickering. Pushing off with an elbow to stand upright instead of leaning on the Arena, they made their way towards the bar. "Right. Someone sounds insecure. You drinking?"

"Sure!" Akemi answered, following right behind. "I definitely can be insecure, I just want to have fun and be liked. I don't want to hurt anyone. I really enjoy playfully giving people grief to get my rocks off though so that can routinely put me in a bind." Akemi paused, a little worried about how the person who he assumed was a woman would respond to what he would say next. "I gotta say I'm super glad you're not just ignoring me or threatening to kill me so I'll leave." He didn't want to give her any ideas when things were going so swell.

Without missing a single beat, they shifted into a barstool. Not even looking back. All of this seemed to be no big deal to them, "Sure. Mind if I do a shot off you so I can get a picture?"

"I'd be honored," Akemi answered as he hopped on a seat, clearly excited. He didn't expect anyone to want his picture on this planet, certainly not this person. She surprisingly seemed like such a gentle soul. At the same time the Neko was always ready for the friendly demeanor to be a deception for some unknown purpose.

Reaching into a pocket, the Blonde produced a squat disk about a hands-length around. Something like a publicly sold version of the little drones that the Star Army distributed to its soldiers. Sending it spinning in to the air, it did a lazy loop over the bar as a 'shot of something top shelf' was ordered. People around the bar, generally not used to seeing anything like it went a bit quiet. This woman (if they were a woman) seemed to not mind any of the looks.

"So... You lost the tits, so I'm going for..." They held up a finger to Akemi's chest, then lowered it to around the vacinity of his stomach. "Your kind were cloned, right? 'fraid I can't remember if I'm shit out of luck on the belly button shots as well..."

"Oh no, we've totally got them. They've always gotta try to make us more like the ancient humans with each new model," Akemi explained, sounding as if he thought it was a lousy, tired idea. He really thought it was. He loved being more and better than human. Why should he want to be more like something he never was and never truly would be when he was grown in a vat? If you were going to be made solely to fight, at least initially, whoever made you should have had the decency to make you as awesome as they could if they fancied themselves a benevolent force in the universe and at the very least not weaker than your predecessors. "So, want me up on the counter?"

"Pretty sure you can fly up there real easy." They sounded carefree, "But I'll do it if you use that hologram hocus pocus you got to draw a heart round the shot and write my name underneath."

Akemi wondered why Ash would want so little of him when here he was in his entirety, his whole body ready and willing for use. "Well my magic doesn't extend very far. Why don't we take a picture together instead of just a shot of the glass and your name?"

"This thing can record video feed." They thumbed towards the little drone floating about, "I'll take a picture as well if you're offering."

"Oh yeah, duh, of course. Still, I gotta do you one better." Akemi grabbed the glass and rested it in the palm of one hand holding it up beside his face while placing another hand beside it to form the requested heart and unknown name. As he did he struck a nice big, friendly smile.

"My name's Ash." The one apparently named Ash informed, just a little bit of amusement on one half of their face. Quite a lot on the other, but that was normal. They waved the little drone over with a finger and told it to snap the picture, before telling it to record. For a second they'd seemed to have forgotten, adjusting their hair, before shifting sideways with a little and surprisingly high-toned grunt. They took the shot, placing it on the bar before forcing one arm between Akemi's legs, hefting him up over their shoulders in a medic carry before spinning, appropriately flexing for the camera and depositing Akemi butt-first on the counter top.

The drone spun around them, getting a better angle as Ash put an arm around Akemi's shoulders, easing him back as their other hand ran up to pull up his shirt. Akemi would feel just that little bit of coldness as Ash poured the shot into his navel, before a warm, almost ticklish sensation as the Nepleslian soldier bowed down to suck it back out again. And then they mugged for the camera. Weirdly licking their lips in a way which went from one side of their mouth all the way back to their molars on the other side. The camera clicked off, and Ash sat back up.

"Thanks. That'll cause some red faces in my old unit."

Akemi delighted at being casually grabbed, lifted and posed with. It was a really refreshing experience for him and he liked the idea of putting himself in what looked like submissive positions and seemingly being objectified. The thought of someone picking him up and showing him off to a camera like he was a quality catch from a fishing trip greatly entertained him.

With his shirt already raised Akemi decided to take it off completely to add a little more to the fun, spontaneous feel of the event. He then rolled onto his side on the counter and struck a seductive calendar girl come hither pose, his head resting in one hand as he stared at Ash while the other hand sat lazily draped across his thigh. "I'm glad I was able to help give you a good time. Are you actually a fan or was this just to be able say you did it?"

Ash ran a finger over Akemi's stomach, sweeping up a little line of liquor that had been missed and popping the finger in their mouth. "You're not bad, but also not my thing. Couple of guys I knew in the service kept posters of you, though."

"Well what is your thing?" Akemi asked, smoothly sliding his body and swinging his legs to sit upright on the counter before plopping back down into a seat and turning to face Ash so he could stare her straight in the eyes with a flirty, frisky smile. He went further and leaned forward resting his hands between his legs on the stool.

"Music or in general?" Ash asked, waving over the bartender again to pour a fresh tumbler of... Something green. Probably local. "Because I have to tell you now that I'd just sleep with a woman if I was in to your general type."

They indicated Akemi's just... Everything, tilting the drink and pointing at him with an extended pinkie-out glass hold. "Jazz, by the way. Jazz and... I guess cockfights since this is what I do after work now."

"I'm glad you're putting the money I gave you to good use." Akemi was having a good time simply seeing his new buddy have one. "Ah, I just remembered something I had to ask. Hopefully since you seem so nice you'll tell me the truth. How much do you get paid? Was my little gift nothing to you?"

"Van Banning's a billionaire. Maybe a trillionaire, I don't know... She's full of Daddy's money or something, so she gets the best. It was a good amount, but not that much is all I'll say." Ash took a long drink, once more tilting the head. "Kiri seemed to enjoy it. Bought a bunch of taxidermy owls..."

"Aw, that's great to know." Akemi's voice was soothing and warm. All Ash had to was be nice to him after his nasty greeting and now he was putty in her hands. He was acting so simpleminded he might as well have been one of the I'ee. He certainly wished he was one at times. "I wanted to give you something significant but I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg. It'd be weird if I did and not set a good precedent. Man, I don't even know what to say to you now that I've got you right in front of me after really hoping I'd run into you all day."

"Maybe try and run into me again when I'm not at work, rather than trying to buy my presence like a creeper." Ash said, resting the glass on the countertop with a little tup. "Kiri would have just ripped out your spine for treating her like a prostitute, and I'd have declined the contract."

Akemi merely laughed. He'd already apologized enough and graciously accepted being called insecure. Ash was also obviously a good sport or at least certainly seemed like one at this point. "Oh, I wasn't trying to treat you guys like that. I mean I sort of was, but only as a joke. Since you guys had a good trash talk double team vibe going I had to take another poke at you like that. I only do that type of thing as a compliment and to be pretend sleazy."

"A lie believed as truth shall always be true in consequences." Ash said, waxing a little intellectual as they dipped a couple of fingers into their drink, rubbing a little of the liquid between a thumb and forefinger as though examining it for something. "Treat Kiri like a prossie, even in joke, and she'll give you a very true slicing."

"Well that's good to know, it's nice that you're so relaxed and reasonable and balance her out. Maybe that's why you were put together," Akemi replied thoughtfully. "So, gotta ask," he said, as he suddenly recalled the ring and the roosters causing a little light to go on in his head, "got a cock of your own?" He tried to do his best to suppress a smile but it was pretty hard, his best also wasn't very much of anything.

"Several." Ash said informatively, either giving too much or too little information. They flicked away a little bit of sand that was found in their drink. "What about you?"

"Just the one on me right now." Akemi chuckled softly. "It'd sure be cool to own some super fighting rat and pump him up with drugs and whatnot to make him crazy tough and smart but then I'd get too attached to him and wouldn't have the heart to let him fight anyone. I guess I just want a fancy rat. Like a little show pet you could put a tiny hat or costume on and take pictures."

"Well that's just cruelty to tiny fancy rats." A little chuckle, "Or any animal, really... I doubt you can claim that cats like to be dressed up like an idiot and photos taken."

They stopped for a second, recalling the recent photo opportunity, slumping their head and laughing a little harder. "Or I guess you're just natural exhibitionists, Shirtless Sam."

"Oh yeah, I feel like I'm possibly quite the natural exhibitionist," the raven haired Neko freely admitted, "but I'm more about smiles than smut. Then again the two can always go hand in hand." Deciding to be bold he sneakily swiped Ash's drink and took a swig before setting it back down. "As for fancy rats, I'd only give mine costumes he'd be comfortable with or that'd he'd only mildly dislike of course. I'm not a monster." Judging by the tone of his voice clarifying this was clearly a matter of grave concern. The piercing look in his eyes said the same. "Maybe they could even be edible so he could eat them as a reward. Who knows, if you made one smart enough he might even develop a taste for fashion."

"More smiles than smut, clearly you are a modest man aside from the odd solicitation of oral sex from me." Ash nodded, as if confirming something. One of their eyebrows was raised as Akemi found himself drinking down something that tasted roughly like slimy sand. The local Algaeia based liquor didn't seem to be much better than something found brewed in a prison cell toilet.

"At least I can clearly see your passion for edible clothes. It's very well in line with your buttoned down and repressed personality."

"Hey now, I never actually meant to solicit you for anything other than an amusing reaction and your time," Akemi swiftly replied with a pointed index finger shooting from a clenched fist. "I just want you to know I'm totally down for it if you're ever offering. I am also totally not repressed or if I am it's only because there's so much of me that I don't think the average person would be able to handle it." The Neko paused, unsure of exactly what Ash meant. "Are you actually saying I'm repressed or just kidding? You did call me insecure after all."

"I think you're very repressed." Ash said, with a little more grin to that grin. "A little insecure as well. You should loosen up and be more confident, wear more edible clothing and ride around in a chariot pulled by a thousand fancy rats wearing tiaras. Little reins made of fine gold chains."

"That does sound pretty good, but now it feels like you're getting your revenge for how I first greeted you with psychological torture. I knew I shouldn't let my guard down." Akemi squinted his eyes and furrowed his brow to emphasize that he was on to her. "I feel I'm plenty open and confident, I'm just very thoughtful and like to explain myself thoroughly. Maybe you say so little because you're the shy one afraid of slipping up. I merely want to make the most of every social situation."

"Or I have terrible secrets, and want to keep them. Or feel like I want to be brooding and mysterious." Ash tapped the bartop, calling to replace the drink Akemi stole with a better one. "I would like to see you riding your chariot around in edible underwear, though. Next album cover material, right there."

"I really should," Akemi agreed, his tone indicating he was seriously thinking about it, "the little rats with the chariot would be great since I'm a cat. People always dig that sort of thing. Anyway..." He began to slyly eye the bodyguard's new drink in an extremely obvious manner. The fingers of his hand on the counter wiggled a little. "since I'm so insecure I should stop talking about myself and ask about you. What's it like working for Van Banning? How should I treat Kiri if not like a prostitute? If she's naturally nasty I'll feel an urge to be nasty back, give her tit for tat. Oh, also, gotta say you're whole say a little say a lot thing is really hot."

"I follow a very rich woman around at parties, where she turns up her nose at other very rich people who are usually on many drugs, or riding porn stars like ponies." Ash shrugged a single shoulder, taking a long drink from the glass before just handing the half empty (or maybe full) drink over to Akemi, "And Kiri is pretty much a pack animal. If she's being nasty to you, be nasty to someone else so she joins in and feels right at home."

"Aw thanks!" Akemi exclaimed seeing how his new best bud left him something to drink without him having to actually ask. He theatrically grabbed the cup with both hands and drank a bit like he was a little animal dipping into its water bowl. "Sounds pretty nice. Are you basically on easy street? Like do rarely actually have to do anything other than look tough? Do you get really bored? How often does someone hit on you in a colourful way?"

"Van Banning's mob doesn't really hit on the help. It's pretty boring since they have weird rules in a lot of their events about where you stand. Occasionally someone gets drunk and wants their man to fight someone else, and people bet on it, but I get the teetotaller for a boss. Rarely a problem for me." Ash bemoaned the specifics of working with Van Banning, reaching a hand over and wiping an errant little droplet of the liquor from Akemi's chin with a thumb.

Akemi enjoyed the momentary presence of the thumb on his face and drank a bit more then put the glass back down, leaving a smidgen so Ash could be tempted into yet another indirect kiss according to Yamataian cartoon logic. "So, I have to get this obligatory question out of the way and prove a lack of insecurity in the process, would you let me rail you even though I'm not your type so you can tell your buds? I mean you could film the thing or at least take pictures. If what we did before will make them blush imagine what you'd get out of this."

"Considering most of them are interested in the you from when you had tits? I think I got just enough bragging rights to be hailed as a legend by your fans." Ash took up the glass again, downing the rest without giving it too much thought, "sides, since you started a brothel chain most people would start saying I had some sort of Yamataian mega crotch-plague sooner or later if those pictures are distributed to the Nepleslians."

"Darn, foiled by my own success." Akemi sighed and sounded genuinely relieved. "Well I'm glad we got that out of the way. Now we can go about getting to be besties without that awkward tension between us. Anything interesting you'd like to share with someone about yourself or Banning's business?"

"Van Banning sucks anything important out of your head, so I only really remember the boring shit." Ash said, abruptly stepping up from the barstool and reaching into an interior pocket. The scarred up, possibly former Nepleslian Marine pulled out a wad of paper cash, and a pen. Holding up one of the bills in their palm and writing something on it. "And telling you too much about myself spoils the mystery, which is really my most attractive quality."

Taking one step towards the door, they leaned down towards Akemi, just getting quite uncomfortably (or perhaps very comfortably) close to the little Neko fellow. While they kept a shoulder facing Akemi, he felt Ash's hand running a few of the weird physical bills down his exposed stomach, before stuffing them down the waistband of his trousers.

"That should cover the bill." Ash said, wandering towards the door. "I gotta get back to the tower for next shift, but give me a call next time you want to grab drinks."

Akemi watched with wonder as the hand slid down his body and slowly raised his eyes as it withdrew to follow it and look up at Ash's face. His expression was one of very pleasant surprise. He hoped Ash's was the same given what he manually gave her to feel. "Oh thanks! I definitely will." The Neko struck his best beaming smile. "Mysteriousness is nice but your look contrasted with your personality is what really matters! Hope your shift isn't too boring." A little wave followed as the bodyguard went out the door.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back