Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Dervish Assault Frigate(Gartagen)

Why name a starship class after Muslim fanatics? Is Islam a major influence in Gartagen culture? Is this some sort of commentary on current events (embassy riots)?

Definition I looked up stated the definition meant Whirlwind. The word was in the English dictionary, which is why it is being used here.

You got to go through it and complete the name change updates. Check in the About the Ship section.

Since the escape pods are their own vehicle (and you may want to reuse them on other future Gart ships) you should probably make a sub-article for them.

There's still a number of "Devish" or "dervish" still in the article.

And I don't think they're Muslim fanatics either. It'd be like calling Jesuit or Dominican priests "Christian fanatics".

Correct. Dervish aren't fanatics, the only time their mendicant order was used was during the early 20th century and that was the only tiem they were used in a war. Since then, there's been no reported cases of that order having appeared on battlefields.

That being said, I'm curious whether everything here is ok now.

As I previously stated in the IRC: I find the concept of the kevish interesting and it suits the gartagen mindset. It's a good idea in my opinion.

I haven't got a chance to review this fully but my main areas of concern are:

1 and 2: Gartagens being able to reverse engineer NMX tech and attain very advanced level, very fast speeds within only a year or two.
3: Warp fields being used as a weapon

The speeds are* much* slower then similar drives used by other factions. As far as weaponizing it. The real warp drive nasa is working on would produce sciency talk thst could cause damage. But the ship pays for it too. That and I am not planning to invade other factions to be a jerk.

Also other factions get cool new technology all the time. If there is a reason my faction is not allowed please tell me.

Well I fixed all the spelling errors in the article? Is there any thing else holding this ship back?

This submission is presently suffering from submission rot.

Presently; I don't see a problem with the FTL being used as a weapon given how ANY FTL can be used in this fashion whether it is written in the article or not.

This means that any ship in the setting can potentially use their FTL drive systems to ram another ship. Not to mention there 'have' been instances of ships ramming one another in FTL (whether intentional or not) but it's still a possibility that can occur.

Plus, there is the possibility of avoiding being rammed if the target ship can respond fast enough to evasion.

Because of this, I'll give the submission three additional days. If no one posts anything related to the submission including further concerns, then I'll stamp it.

The speeds are missing from the article.

They have to be listed under the stats, that's why. They can also be listed in components, but primarily they must be under stats.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back