• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Different Colour Scheme?

Chigusa

Inactive Member
I just realized there is a different skin for the forum called "Solaris." I was just wondering how many people actually use it?

Why? D:

A lot of the forum images match up better with the Star Army skin. But in that case, I'm going to use solaris for a bit and see if I can get a feel for it.

I have to agree.

Of all the forums that I have ever been on - and there have been many - none of them have appealed to me in the same way that Solaris does. It has a certain simplicity to it that I like, the lines are relatively subtle and of course - the writing is white on black.

That and there's the little red light which tells you if there's a new post. Personally I prefer it to the more complex logo system in Star Army.

Not that I think that Solaris should be the default, but I like to keep it as a nice alternative that a small enclave of weirdo's such as myself (and Yangfan apparently) make use of.

I did actually try to use Star Army for an hour yesterday. It confused and frightened me - like the ludite, conservative fool I am I have now reverted to the original and 'pure' Solaris. Not to mention it's a cool name related to the greatest Russian movie ever made - Solaris - and hopefully not related to the abysmal American remake - Solaris. Not even George Clooney could redeem that movie.

I'm with Zakalwe on this one.

I can't actually read white on blue too well because I'm dyslexic and the simplicity really helps.

One thing I'd like to mention is that if you're browsing StarArmy in a library, people pick up on the characters to kick you out in the banner, not the overall look.

Could a "discreet" varient of Solaris be made?

I'd definately consider maing a discreet theme, ut not one mased on Solaris - Solaris is no longer supported because it was based on someone else's copyrighted theme (which wasn't supposed ot be modified in the first place). StarArmy theme, however, was made based on an open-source theme.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back