Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

[DION] Hornet Fighter-bomber

Sigma

Inactive Member
Submission Type: Starfighter
Submission URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=ne ... ter_bomber

Faction: Nepleslia
FM Approved Yet? Yes
Faction requires art? Dunno

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? Yes;
Primus Battleship is unapproved and still WIP

Contains New art? Yes
Previously Submitted? No

Notes:
There are two nomenclatures. One is the traditional SMDIoN nomenclature and the other is the standard, in parentheses. To my knowledge, this is only the third starfighter design produced since we started keeping track but the FA designation is already at 4 hence the difference.

Question: is it possible to get some sort of Nepleslian insignia (the NSMC Emblem) or text on the art?

- Section "Statistics and Performance" needs text
- Section "Inside the Ship" needs text.
- Section "Ship Systems" needs text.
- Emergency systems: No ejection mechanism?
- ADR 5 (SDR 1) is the maximum damage for weapons on an armor-scale craft (unless they're torpedoes). This cannot be approved with SDR 4 weapons, which is the equivalent of sapce-battleship main guns.

Question: is it possible to get some sort of Nepleslian insignia (the NSMC Emblem) or text on the art?
For what purpose? This isn't going to the NSMC.
- Section "Statistics and Performance" needs text
- Section "Inside the Ship" needs text.
- Section "Ship Systems" needs text.
There is text in each of these sections.

Ejection is mentioned in Life Support, two lines down.

Weapons fixed.

I don't think you understood: There always needs to be text between a section header and its "edit" button.

There, problem solved. There is text between the headers and edit buttons.

However, an explanation of why this rule is not enforced across all submissions would still be appreciated.

Sorry, I catch things as I can.

Can you give me a breakdown on how the new SP value was calculated? From what I understand, this is primarily a Durandium vehicle which has a 0.6 multiplier.

Can it not be called the "Hornet"? We usually don't allow the use of trademarked/widely recognized sci-fi or pop culture names. I don't see why we'd allow a fighter-bomber used by a navy to be called "Hornet" either.

I don't have a problem with the name. It's sufficiently generic.

I have replaced the durandium with a new material, Meridum, which I have just submitted in the NTSE. Have lowered the SP to 20/20.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back