Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Diplomatic AF

• Thread starter Thread starter Zack
  • Start date Start date
Z

Zack

RP Date
YE 40
RP Location
188604, Diplomatic Hall
ON> 188604, Diplomatic Hall

"Jack! Glad you could take time out of your busy day to meet me here." Uso said as Jack entered the new Diplomatic hall.

The lighting was turned down low, the stadium seating around the outside of the hemi-spherical room was nearly dark. The light focused entirely on the center table, a large ring with seats along the outside... all of which were currently empty with Uso standing behind one of them, her arms resting on the chair's back. Her eyes and ears were both foward, focused in on Jack himself.

No longer aloof, Uso was focused on him. As he moved and shifted her eyes constantly tracked his movements.

Directly above them, the transparent dome of the room allowed them to see out into the raging sandstorm outside, only the briefest flicker of light washing over the area during the times the sun shown throw or a bolt of lightning arced towards the ground.

"Time for us to re-negotiate the relationship between S6 and the USO, then eventually with everyone. One by one I plan to fill these seats with people like yourself... create an informal council where we can discuss and resolve the big issues.

All the seats are the same... but uh... you get first pick."

Jack took a seat only two down from her, wearing his usual attire, "This was certainly a fast construction. Little surprised to see.you go as far as to build a council chamber."

"It is a little more than that. There is a standard template for these things... sensors and volumetrics are blended into the design everywhere. We could have a copy of this room setup on the Anvil, another here on 188604, and we'd be able to converse as if we're in the same room.

Some meetings are better handled face to face. We can't all be everywhere at once," She responded.

"True, and one can easily be set up on the Hammer, room on Anvil was converted to additional living quarters.", Jack admitted, before continuing, "So what's the first topic of business today?"

"You're out on your own now. " Uso said, getting settled in for some rapid-fire questioning,

"We still trading technology?"

"Yes.", He said simply.

"Officer exchange? Our doods gonna work together?"

"I'm good with that, but it might hard depending on where we are at the time.", He said with a thoughtful grin.

"You gonna ask to use your fleet provisioning or do you 'have that covered'?"

"Right now supplies are steady, with most ships running on the bare minimum of crew with AI assistance, we have much in the way of additional storage. We've crammed our holds with supplies. They should last for a long while, with green houses setup in the Hammer's park.", Jack explained, thankful for the large ships' rather well thought features.

"I'd still rather be the one selling you supplies. When your clock does start running down do let me know...

The next step will be to bring other groups to the table. The Wire Guided and Galactic Horizon are next on my list. I'd like it if you were around for our first meeting. In the mean time, good luck with getting your own planet."

"Actually Galactic Horizon will not be joining us I believe. I don't know where they're going, but they recently asked to borrow one of our ships."

"They should get a seat at the table as much as anyone. Though I suppose I'll leave that open. We'll have more to discuss once the Wire Guided are here... We can formalize technology and officer sharing then." Uso said, "...Consider what you'll ask for."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back