• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

SACN [DISTRESS] Ships in Xyainbor Area

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
The following is an urgent, automated message from the PANTHEON/SA:
UNIVERSAL NETWORKED MONITORING SYSTEM has detected and identified the following vessels emitting an emergency distress signal:
  • 1 escape pod, with registry: Seion, occupied
Any ship who has opportunity to respond to this request for assistance and fails to do so is subject to punishment, including the death penalty as noted in the Military Law, section 15 (Misbehavior Before the Enemy).
OOC: See https://stararmy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=33737#33737

This is the SRSS-000, civilian salvage vessel Yggdrasill, Yuki Toshiro piloting.

Have recieved transmission and am on enroute to Xyainbor area. However, I am operating out of Taiie and have just left the Seijin no Umi Spaceport. My ship is a Vampire variant, and is only capable of a top speed of 67,000c, or 1/8 LY/M. ETA is four hours at that speed, which may prove absolutely critical to the occupant of the escape pod. Should another ship be able to send help faster, please do so.

Should the rescue not be executed by the time I arrive on-site, I volunteer the use of myself and my vessel, be it a solo venture or a combined effort.

This is Yuki Toshiro, piloting the SRSS-000, civilian salvage vessel Yggdrasill, with an update:

Have recovered escape pod, as well as one occupant, alive.

Captain Yukisato Mizuho is currently in the medbay, recovering from near-suffocation and dehydration, but she is relatively congnitive and aware, able to speak small phrases, though it causes her pain due to the dehydration.

I have placed her in a clean environment with a 10% higher oxygen level than normal, and have provided water. When she is ready, I am willing to provide food and run basic tests.

We are now en-route to Taiie, which is four hours away at top speed, and she will no doubt be able to get proper treatment at that location.

Yuki Toshiro, pilot of SRSS-000 Yggdrasill.

We have arrived at Taiie, and though she declined medical attention, Yukisato Mizuho seems in good physical health.

However, she mentioned that the circumstances placing her in that pod were part of a suicide attempt gone wrong, but she seems calmer for the time being. She still posesses somewhat low self-worth and a fatalistic viewpoint. I do not believe her a danger to others at this time, though she needs watched for her own safety, which I have been doing.

I have obtained for her clothes and, at her request, massive quantities of chocolate. The fact she wished for such a purchase tells me that though not fully recovered, she is at least feeling better than before.

For your efforts, you have been awarded 5,000 KS.

To : Yuki Toshiro, SRSS-000 Yggdrasill, owner
Subject : Retrieval of Yukisato Mizuho

Toshiro-san,

On the behalf of the Star Army of Yamatai, I thank you for your initiative which resulted in sparing an unpleasant end for the occupant fo the escape pod you rescued. Preserving the lives of our citizens are one of our most important goals and we salute you for your goodwill and generosity.

I cannot help but wonder why you would retrieve the escape pod, only to make a large detour to Taiie instead of returning the rescued occupant to the closer Xyainbor or Yamatai; but I took your light blunder as an opportunity to get my ship out of spacedock - you will hardly see me complain about it, though I hope you will think better on it in the future.

That said, my vessel is now docked at Taiie no Iori. I plan to take a Fox shuttle down on planet to retrieve Yukisato Mizuho. I would ask you to be present at the spaceport at 1400 hours.

Signed,

Ketsurui Kotori-Taii
Commander, NJ-X1-00 YSS Miharu

To: Ketsurui Kotori-Taii
Commander, NJ-X1-00 YSS Miharu

Subject: Re: Retrieval of Yukisato Mizuho

I thank you and the Star Army for the kind words. Part of the job of a salvager is to return critical parts, or people, to the proper governments. Being able to return a live person is a rare thrill which makes it feel worthwhile.

My error was one of inexperience more than anything else; but one that, should the incident occur again, I have no plans of repeating. Taiie is where my salvage operation is based, and I actually thought to go there BEFORE Yamatai or anywhere else. I was thinking more about getting her medical care than what medical care was closer.

Fortunately, Mizuho-san made a quick physical recovery, and there was no harm done, but I am aware that could just as easily not have been the case. Thank goodness she was in a Neko body.

I will try to bring her to the Spaceport, along with the Escape Pod and the clothing and chocolate purchased for her. I am unaware of if she will wish to leave with you or not, not because of anythign she has said, but merely because it is difficult to ascertain her mental state and wishes. Pretty much all I know at this point is that she has mild suicidal tendencies, but no wish to harm others.

I look forward to meeting with you, Kotori-Taii-Hime, and hope that you can provide Mizuho-san with the care which she needs to recover from whatever has driven her to this self-destructive end.

Signed,
Yuki Toshiro
Pilot and Owner, SRSS-000 Yggdrasill

RPG-D RPGfix
Back