Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

DLL Problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luca

The Ultimate Badass
🎖️ Game Master
Inactive Member
Another reason to hate Windows...
One of the updates managed to screw up something in my files.
A pre-installed application called Realtek HD Audio Panel, which is used to modify the sounds on my computer has been screwed up and will not execute. Because of this, I cannot use Headphones or use Plug-In Speakers or a Microphone. (And the Laptop Speakers are crap anyway.)

An error message comes up when I start the System, I can remember it says...
The System DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly because the DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\HHCTRL.OCX occupied an address range reserved for Windows System DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL
The only 'Vendor' I know are the tech guys at my school, but they cannot fix a computer to save themselves.

So could anyone please provide some help? It'll be greatly appreciated.

Go to your manufacturer's webpage, look for a support link, get the audio drivers for your model of computer and download and reinstall them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back