• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Interest Check Do You Like Boxes?

HotelKilo

Inactive Member
I've been trying to come up with an idea for a plot to run in Open RP, and I think I've got it.

You ready?

Can a plot focused on moving crates of stuff (not a technical term) to places (not intended to be astrographically specific) actually be interesting? Is there enough conflict to keep players engaged? I hope you're willing to find out because I'm willing to try it with the YSS Fukuroi.

My inspiration is drawn partially from Adm. Dan Gallery's Cap'n Fatso series, repeat viewings of the movie Mr. Roberts as a kid, and The Caine Mutiny, as well as, of course, existing SARP canon.

The crew will have more time in 'civilized' ports then a lot of combat vessels, but there's an ever present danger when operating alone in support of the fleet, especially over the lengthy distances to be expected in the Kuvexian War. There will be plenty of chance for inter-character interaction (and drama) as well as the possibility of more traditional combat. So, as hokey as it might sound, expect some comedy, some tragedy probably, and possibly high action. Don't expect recognition.

My hope is that if the plot is successful at all, we will be able to visit with/support various other SAOY active plots and take part in faction-wide events.

Sorry if I'm late to the cargo party, so this is a transport plot?

I'd definitely be interested in this, if I have time of course.

It is not too late, and I'm glad to have more interest!

Right now, with holidays looming, it probably won't start until early next year, actual plot wise.

Yep! I'm going to put this back on ice and try again some other time.

Do have a short mission or two plot involving salvaging a 2nd Mishu War wreck I might run though, so keep your eyes peeled if you're looking for some sort of brief mystery-esque plot.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back