• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character Dom (Adam) Ashtree

KafkaOnTheShore

Inactive Member
Name: "Dom" (Adam) Ashtree

General Information

Species: Yamataian
Family (or Creators): The Ashtrees of Tania. (Mother deceased, father, currently traveling.)

Employer: Star Army of Yamatai
Current Assignment:

Physical Characteristics

Height: 5'11'' (152.4 centimeter)
Weight: 157 lbs. (71.2 kg)
Measurements:
Bra Size:

Build and Skin Color: A slight man, with a mildly ashen flesh-tone.
Facial Features and Eye Color: A slender face with eyes the color of smouldering coal, with dark bags forming underneath.
Hair color and Style: Hair the colour of ashes remaining in a fire pit, with strands of black interwoven.

Distinguishing Features:
Dom's fingers are elongated, almost by an extra digit, enabling swift manipulations of a fleet keypad. (is this alright, Wes? I figgured it wouldn't be disruptive, being a genetic trait that is relatively balanced, e.g. can type faster, but can't fight as well...)

Psychological Characteristics

Personality:
Dom has a deep interest in the walls that sentient beings establish as borders by which to identify themselves as individuals, Dom holds a theory that all life is data, and we condense it into packets, so we may ingest it in forms that we can consider familiar. Highly pragmatic, Dom is a bit frigid in his deilings with other crewmates, but can be warmed up to with a bit of effort. Not a huge fan of sleep, feeling that it wastes far too much time, Dom has trained himself to get precisely how much sleep he needs, and this leaves him in a somewhat unrested state.

Dislikes: Large crowds, People who are in an unnecessary rush, People who don't value life.
Goals: To publish a comprehensive study of the psyche, and identity, and to understand the soul.

History

After being raised in Tania, Dom transfered to his new Yamataian body shortly after the procedure was deemed standard. Domloved to go and sit by the Sea of Corolis, and still does, if he ever has the time when he's back in town. Dom deemed the idea of joining the SAoY in his best interests when his father began traveling to cleanse himself from the taint of his wife's decision to die, rather than update to a new body. He felt that he too should get out, and experience what the fleet had to offer, and further his studies while he was at it.

Skills:

Communication: Dom is fluent in english and speaks decent Japanese, is more than competent in giving and recieving orders under duress. Dom also is able to present ideas in a simple and clear manner, when he puts his mind to it.

Fighting: Dom is a competent fighter whose feet are his primary weapon, due to the delicacy of his hands. Dom is practiced in the use of power armor, as well as ballistic weaponry.

Technology Operation: Being a Yamataian, Dom has a natural affinity for fleet equipment and is can communicate well with the equipment he works with.

Mathematics: Dom holds an understanding of all the basic mathematics, and is currently studying quantum theory, in order to enrich himself.

Chemistry: Dom is educated in the workings of the molecular world, and is comfortable brewing mixtures, and solutions to aid him in basic medical tasks.

Knowledge: Because Dom isn't particularly social, he spent a lot of time reading books. These books imparted him with an understanding of Law, History, and the sentient Psyche, the last of which piqued his curiosity to the point of driving him to study it, it's borders, and it's interconnectivity.

Art: Dom holds a deep fascination with art, primarily simple black and white sketches. These sketches allow him to connect with himself, and draw out the feelings he cannot normally reach, in a sort of self-purification excercise. Dom is also an amateur haiku poet.

Welcome to Star Army! Pleasure to have you joining up to our community here. I'm Doshii, for reference's sake.

Other players and moderators will be by to help with your character, but I'll try and point you in the right directions now. At least, I think they're right -- we've been known to go back and forth to come to conclusions.

Don't worry! It's all part of the process.

1. Name's a bit different ... but no problem.

2. This is something we actually haven't covered, to my knowledge, but I'll pose the question here -- are Yamataians simply created from nothing? Or are they purely "convert" bodies?

For now, all we know is Nekos and Geshrin transfer to Yamataian bodies at times. I get the idea of the age, but I'm not sure that's quite right.

3. Don't forget metric measurements for height and weight (use Google -- 71 in in cm; 157 lbs in kg).

4. Description ... wow. Themed look, eh? Connected to the name, or vice-versa? I like it, it's very exotic. Does the dude get any sleep, though?

4a. The fingers ... huh? I'm not saying it's impossible, but that seems a very strange genetic trait. Wes might want to examine that.

5. I like the persona -- useful as a medical and science officer, but not exactly a nice person. Very appropriate.

6. History: I see we have a problem here.

Yamataians are not standard equipment in the Star Army. They're a race, usually a civilian one. Yamataians also don't have wiped memories -- they've usually lived for some time before coming to a Yamataian body. What you're thinking of is a Nekovalkyrja -- they're the "war machine race" at the disposal of Yamatai.

You'll have to explain the last sentence of your history. I get the reference to "Adam," but what do you mean by feature brains?

7. Skills: Not too bad.

a. Communication is okay, as is the languages bit. Be warned, you're probably limited to English, Japanese and perhaps one more -- maybe that of the Phods?

b. Fighting looks okay. Obviously not a warrior of sorts.

c. Tech Ops looks okay. A little confusing ... it isn't the boilerplate text slightly modified. But I'm down.

d. Mathmatics, Chemistry and Knowledge are all okay.

e. Art looks excellent! I like the breaking out of the sketching ability. I look forward to some haikus.

Overall: Needs some work in history (ask questions!), but after some tweaking this could be a good character! Remember, feel free to ask us any questions you have.

And put some contact info down. Your e-mail address looks fake, but it's hilarious.

Thank you for the pointers. I wasn't sure what to expect with this. You've managed to answer most of my questions. (And yeah, my e-mail is a joke, i just use it for thins like this and games. No actual business conducted on it >_>) I just needed some guidance, because i'd never seen a race quite like this, and while intriguing, i obviously didn't understand them. I was under the impression that they were androids given recycled brains from previous beings, carrying on thier works in a different body. I was also unsure of what kind of history to have, so I just kinda fudged it so I could get some help on it, which you were kind enough to do. Oh, and I guess I have a subconscious sort of game with naming characters. Heh.

*edit* YM contact info added.

KafkaOnTheShore said:
Thank you for the pointers. I wasn't sure what to expect with this. You've managed to answer most of my questions. (And yeah, my e-mail is a joke, i just use it for thins like this and games. No actual business conducted on it >_>) I just needed some guidance, because i'd never seen a race quite like this, and while intriguing, i obviously didn't understand them. I was under the impression that they were androids given recycled brains from previous beings, carrying on thier works in a different body. I was also unsure of what kind of history to have, so I just kinda fudged it so I could get some help on it, which you were kind enough to do. Oh, and I guess I have a subconscious sort of game with naming characters. Heh.

We've actually had a very long conversation about the idea of what a Yamataian is. Definitely read up on it.

As for the history -- don't even worry about it. The history around here goes back farther than 6 OOC years. No one gets it right without plenty of reading. If you want, make it general -- check the settings page and go to the LARGE STAR MAP, which will lead you to Yamatai/Geshrintall's page. You'll get a geographical idea of where your Yamataian could've come from. Stick to the central or eastern "prefectures."

As for the naming -- it's cool. We all play word games here.

OH SHIT -- also, don't forget the auto-formatter. It is designed by our very own David, and it rocks.

Character approved.

Items in Posession:

:WEAPONS:
-(1) 10mm pistol, (type 28) [special issue: request]
-(2) magazines for said pistol.
-(80) hollow-point 10x25mm rounds
-(80) full metal jacket 10x25mm rounds
-(1) Ketsurui Zaibatsu Type 28C Nekovalkyrja Service Pistol
with (2) additional BR-28A Battery Magazines

-(1) Survival knife, solid diamond with rubberized grip and lanyard
with black leather sheath with loop and clips for belt attachment

:CLOTHING:
* (2) jackets, blue, with appropriate panel colors
with "Hinomaru" patch on right arm, fleet patch on left arm
* (2) cotton undershirts, light blue
* (2) pair pants, light blue
* (1) belt, black (for pants)
* (1) pair leather gloves, dark gray
* (1) pair leather boots, dark gray
* (1) pistol belt, leather, dark gray, with holster for Type 28 NSP
* (1) black tricorner hat, thick felt with red border (or white for officers)
* (1) black overcoat, calf length
* (1) Rank Pin, Santô Hei

:Civilian and workout clothing:

* 1 yukata (cotton robe), white, with Star Army of Yamatai Hinomaru logo print
* 1 black sash for yukata
* 2 black bikini swimsuit bottom with Star Army of Yamatai logo on left leg
* 2 black T-shirts with pocket on left breast
* 1 pair black sandals

:Undergarments:

* 4 black cotton briefs
* 4 pair of black boot socks

:MISCELLANY:

-(1)Wooden Medal Case, velvet interior, engraved with Star Army logo on top

:personal Hygiene:

* 1 bottle of shampoo
* 1 bottle liquid body soap
* 1 toothbrush and tube of toothpaste
* 2 washcloths, white
* 2 towels, large, white

:Electronics:

* Electronic Money Card 3000KS

::ORDERS::

Dom Ashtree, Santo Hei

You will be assigned as a medical officeron the new Takumi Class Expeditionary Command Cruiser, YSS- Yūgumo, which is currently being constructed at KFY shipyards at Yamatai.

Training courses will be provided on Yamatai. Please contact Shosa Motoyoshi as soon as possible; she is on leave on Yamatai.

I have included an electronic file containing the ship's potential roster for your review.

Signed,
Ionoche Caine, Taii
XO of YSS-Yugumo

pma.png

Santô Hei Dom Ashtree,

1. You are hereby discharged from the Star Army of Yamatai.

Issued by:

STAR ARMY PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT

Under Authorization of:
TAISHO KETSURUI CHINOMAI MINORI
COMMANDER, PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT

(OOC: Player did not participate. Fails. )

RPG-D RPGfix
Back