• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Durandium Refitting?

Toshiro

With Durandium being the new common material, how would I go about getting my vessel refitted with the material? How much in KS would it cost to get the Yggdrasill Durandium Armor (This would be a DR gain of 2) and is this approvable in the Admins' opinion?

If it is relatively cheap, I can foresee Durandium Armor Fittings being a very common thing among civilian craft, especially if they have to contend with rogue Reds, Mishhu, and a generally less safe universe to travel in.

Off the top of my head I could see NAM providing this kind of service at one of its star base facilities in Nepleslian Territory.

Although I could see a ship like the Yggdrasill just purchasing Durandium sheets (also from NAM) and retrofitting itself with the armor either in flight, docked, or while parked on a planet.

A refitting like that? I'd assume it'd cost you about 50 percent of the vessel's worth -- that includes labor, material and drydock space. If it's only in certain places, it'd be less, but 50 percent is a good ballpark figure in my head, anyway.

It's technically high-grade armor. Most civilian vessels don't have it -- rolled steel might be easy to produce, but that doesn't make it cheap to put on modern military vehicles. It's just a guess though; I dunno really.

If the armor's bonded in a lot of places, it'll make it a real bitch. If it's in modular bits, it'd be less.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back