• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP Duskerian Legion Requisitions - Star Army Officer Exchange Program

HarperMadi

🎨 Media Gallery
RP Date
YE 45.8.13
RP Location
Transmissions and Communications
To: Duskerian Legion Personnel Command, Duskerian Legion Requisitions,
CC: Alastair Belmont, YSS Koun Command Staff, Star Army Logistics, Star Army Exchange Program command

Message Begins:

I have requested through the Star Army Command Network's logistics system full tooling, parts, and equipment for ten Revenant III powered armor suits, plus one conversion kit to convert one to the S variant for a Separa'Shan trainee I will likely be training in the near future. I specified the T variant, or Training variant armors due to the low likelihood of live combat use. The request was denied due to the equipment not being in stocks, nor available for sale to the Star Army of Yamatai. Which is completely understandable.

As I understand it, the Revenant III is still in the very early deployment stages, and is not widely available outside advanced training units, though I could be wrong. However, Alastair Belmont during his recent Glimmergold mission "liberated" several cases of Duskerian weapons associated blankfire and live ammunition from fallen Duskerian vessels that I am still inventorying and repairing, and we have been training and qualifying on those.

However. My goal remains the same. Sharing experience and tactics between allied nations allows seamless integration of joint operations, but that training only goes so far. To this end, I would like to qualify ten Star Army of Yamatai soldiers on Duskerian power armor and weapons, preferably the Revenant II or Revenant III. If a Duskerian soldier goes down in the presence of a Star Army non combat MOS, it makes more sense to be able to pick up and use the armor and weapon next to them than to move through an active combat zone to recover weapons they haven't trained on since Basic Combat Training.

I have completed Star Army Basic Combat Training and trained with the Star Army 1st Rikugan Test and Evaluation Battalion, I am training on Yamataian tactics and strategy, and seek to pass on my skill from seven years in the Duskerian Legion and its predecessor, and having served a year as a Duskerian Legion Drill Instructor.

I have included the copy of SA form 404 I used for posterity's sake, alongside a completed Duskerian Legion requisitions form including slightly more equipment for the purposes of training armorers. If this request is approved in any capacity, please coordinate with Star Army Logistics to deliver this equipent to the YSS Koun at the earliest convenience.

REQUESTED EQUIPMENT
  • ARMOR, POWERED, GENERAL PURPOSE TACTICAL CBRN, GENERATION 3, BW-PA-3A-T (Training) X10
  • ARMOR, POWERED, GENERAL PURPOSE TACTICAL CBRN, GENERATION 3, BW-PA-3A-S-CK (Separa'Shan Conversion Kit) X1
  • BW-PA-3A Annual Service and Rebuild kit X10
  • BW-PA-3A Battle Damage Assessment and Repair kit X2
  • BW-PA-3A Spare Parts Kit X2
  • Duskerian Legion Power Armor Toolkit X2
  • Duskerian Legion Power Armor Fitting kit X2
  • Storm Rifle II-A Flechette press, automated X1
  • Storm Rifle II-A Magazine loading machine X1
  • Duskerian Legion weapons repair tool kit X2
  • Bayonet, Duskerian Tac-Rail X15
  • Grenade Launcher, 40mm, Tac-Rail underslung X4

Last edited:
To: Duskerian Legion Personnel Command, Duskerian Legion Requisitions,

In an effort to continue to prepare for threats both now and in the future, I Alastair Belmont, Captain of the YSS Koun, give approval for these parts to be shipped to the Koun. All data gathered will be shared in accordance with terms and conditions of the exchange program.

To: N1I Hartbrook-Pine
CC: Chusa Alastair Belmont, Star Army Logistics, Star Army Exchange Program Command, Duskerian Legion Personnel Command

Sergeant 3rd Class Hartbrook-Pine,

Your request for equipment is to be granted partially. Revenant MK III armor is currently being rolled out to standing units of the Duskerian Legion, and as such we are able to grant you access to only five units. These should be sufficient for your training needs, and DOARAD is expected to eagerly await Yamataian insights on the equipment in question. These units will, however, have certain advanced features removed or deactivated pending a Yamataian commitment to equivalent sharing of technical details, as is the case with the units being used by other Yamataian exchange units training on Sirris.

In addition, we expect a full report on the equipment recovered from the Battle of Glimmergold.

We wish you luck on your exchange assignment, and hope that the equipment will be of use.

[Modified Requisition Request: Approved]
  • ARMOR, POWERED, GENERAL PURPOSE TACTICAL CBRN, GENERATION 3, BW-PA-3A-T (Training) X5
  • ARMOR, POWERED, GENERAL PURPOSE TACTICAL CBRN, GENERATION 3, BW-PA-3A-S-CK (Separa'Shan Conversion Kit) X1
  • BW-PA-3A Annual Service and Rebuild kit X5
  • BW-PA-3A Battle Damage Assessment and Repair kit X1
  • BW-PA-3A Spare Parts Kit X1
  • Duskerian Legion Power Armor Toolkit X2
  • Duskerian Legion Power Armor Fitting kit X2
  • Storm Rifle II-A Flechette press, automated X1
  • Storm Rifle II-A Magazine loading machine X1
  • Duskerian Legion weapons repair tool kit X2
  • Bayonet, Duskerian Tac-Rail X8
  • Grenade Launcher, 40mm, Tac-Rail underslung X4

To: Duskerian Legion Requisitions
CC: Chusa Alastair Belmont, Star Army Logistics, Star Army Exchange Program Command, Duskerian Legion Personnel Command, Ancilla

Understood, I will touch base as soon as the armor and equipment arrives.

My current inventory of Duskerian equipment recovered at Glimmergold stands as follows.

64 SR2A individual units in 8 crates.
2 prototype Thunderer pistols
1 partial Revenant 2 armor set
2 functioning RCG-50 chain guns with ammunition
2 palettes SR2 magazines, assorted blankfire, standard, slug load, and shock gel.

While I am not sending back the ammunition, I am returning to command the partial Revenant 2, the functioning RCG-50s, and the prototype SR technology based pistols.

More than half of the rifles were too badly damaged to be repaired, but I was able to cobble together forty units, all of which have been serialized by Ancilla With the assistance of Koun's MEGAMI unit.

Inventory and repairs are still ongoing.

To: Duskerian Legion Training Command
CC: Chusa Alastair Belmont, Star Army Logistics, Star Army Exchange Program Command, Duskerian Legion Personnel Command, Duskerian Legion Logistics, Ancilla
Subject: Training Plan to Qualify Pilots for the Revenant III

Sorry it's been some time. I've been developing this training plan in the hopes of using the resultant trained soldiers for OPFOR exercises training with and against Duskerian Legion equipment. However, as there is only myself and Ancilla currently aboard the Koun, we need at least five Revenant III qualified personnel to train in fireteam maneuvers. Hopefully this training plan is acceptable. As of now, most personnel on the Koun have been qualified on Duskerian firearms in the hope that if I fall in battle, they can pick up my weapon and use it to defend themselves, rather than scramble looking for a weapon they haven't used since Basic. Thus my training sessions have mostly been focused on requalifying in Star Army weapons and new qualifications on allied weapons.

The main issue I have run into so far is that I don't have a fireteam of Revenant III pilots to train Yamataians on working alongside Duskerian troopers. Thus my previous (Partially approved) request for armor. The following is a training plan designed to qualify fifteen personnel in theory and five in practice to act as a training group which can then go on to train other soldiers of the Star Army of Yamatai in how to work alongside Duskerian soldiers and, if neccessary, on Duskerian equipment. These training suits will be used primarily for these purposes. All training modules will be slightly modified from Duskerian Legion standard to facilitate operational security due to the fact that while the Yamatai Star Empire is an allied nation, they are not the New Dusk Conclave. This will also be made clear to the trainees. However, it will open up for them opportunities in the Star Army Officer Exchange Program to more rapidly facilitate integration and advanced training with their Duskerian allies.

Another issue I've run into is that the Mindy, while capable of housing an AI, is not designed for a pilot/copilot pair, and while certain fireteams such as Black Wolf Squad have made it work, typically it boils down to one AI assisting the entire team, usually housed in one suit of armor. This presents a tactical vulnerability if the "host" armor is incapacitated or in radio silent operations. From my observations, it also requires specific modifications to the armor. Thusly, I would like to develop plans to assist in development of an AI copilot system to improve Yamataian combat awareness and surviveability.

The one factor making any weapon useless is to negate the wielder. This is power armor, tanks, even starships. Take out the people in control, and the device becomes useless. This is the reason the Revenant III has the copilot, and the reason ships have crews. It is also the reason for the Storm Rifle's flechettes. Precision penetration for pilot neutralization. A parasite can infect the pilot, but the copilot can then keep Command apprised of the situation.

I am also well aware that the Koun is a patrolling vessel, and, as such, has little operational time for training. This training plan will take place in 1 hour blocks daily on duty cycle, and is secondary to mission objectives.

Phase 1: Theoretical Training (All Fifteen Pilots)
Duration: 2 weeks
Objective:
  • To familiarize all pilots with the theoretical aspects of operating the Revenant III power armor.
  • To ensure all pilots understand the differences between the Mindy and the Revenant III.
  • To provide a solid foundation in the operational principles, systems, and capabilities of the Revenant III.
  • To identify the top five pilots who will proceed to practical training.
Training Outline:
  1. Introduction to Revenant III Power Armor:
    • Overview of design, history, and development.
    • Comparison with other power armor systems, including the Mindy.
  2. Systems and Components:
    • Detailed study of the armor's endoskeleton, armoring layer, propulsion systems, and electronic countermeasures.
    • Understanding the functionality of life support, emergency medical systems, and power systems.
  3. Weapons and Defense Mechanisms:
    • Comprehensive overview of the weapon systems, including the Kernel Mini Missile System and Hyper-Shift Rotary Chaingun.
    • Understanding the shield system, camouflage capabilities, and point defense systems.
  4. Control and Operation:
    • Explanation of control schema and user interface.
    • Familiarization with piloting techniques, mobility capabilities, and handling in different environments.
  5. AI Copilot Integration:
    • Introduction to AI copilot functionality and its role in combat operations.
    • Discussion on the modifications required for Mindy suits to accommodate an AI copilot.
Phase 2: Practical Training (Top Five Pilots)
Duration: 4 weeks
Objective:
  • To provide hands-on experience with piloting the Revenant III power armor.
  • To train pilots in combat tactics, maneuvering, and coordination with the AI copilot.
  • To develop squad maneuvering tactics and communication between pilot/copilot pairs, squadmates, and command elements.
Training Outline:
  1. Basic Maneuvering and Controls:
    • Familiarization with entering and exiting the armor.
    • Practice sessions to master basic movement, including running, jumping, and climbing.
  2. Combat Training:
    • Simulated live-fire exercises to test weapon systems and accuracy.
    • Simulated combat scenarios to develop tactical skills and situational awareness.
  3. AI Copilot Integration:
    • Training on interacting with the AI copilot interface.
    • Coordinated exercises to synchronize actions and strategies with the AI copilot.
  4. Advanced Tactics and Scenario-Based Training:
    • Complex combat simulations to simulate real-world scenarios and challenges.
    • Emphasis on teamwork, communication, and adaptability in dynamic environments.
  5. Evaluation and Certification:
    • Assessment of pilot performance in various training scenarios.
    • Final examination to evaluate readiness for deployment in the Revenant III.
Instructor Allocation:
  • N1I Hartbrook-Pine: Lead theoretical instructor, responsible for delivering lectures and guiding theoretical training for all fifteen pilots.
  • Ancilla: Lead practical instructor, responsible for overseeing hands-on training, combat exercises, and AI copilot integration for the top five pilots.
Additional Considerations:
  • Regular feedback sessions to address pilot questions, concerns, and areas for improvement.
  • Collaboration with Star Army Logistics Network to request modifications for AI copilot integration on the Mindy suits.
  • Collaboration with existing Star Army copilot pairs to determine best practices for AI copilot development and integration.
  • Safety protocols and emergency procedures must be emphasized throughout the training program.
    • All personnel will be trained in emergency pilot extraction

RPG-D RPGfix
Back