Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Edjia power armor upgrade.

Please post a complete list of changes.

I'm looking at this armor Ira and I see this jump out at me:

Code:
Bonus: User's strength is increased x12

Would you mind explaining this to me? How does it increase a person's strength by nearly twelve times that of normal? Also, wouldn't that put the armor in a class entirely of its own, making it stronger than current power armors to date?

I have no idea how much other armors enhance the user's strength. Considering most factions have super soldiers with super strength already enhanced.

But to explain it better the armor assists the user through servo motors and other mechanical means. It is like a small Exo. I also did some looking up on the performance statistics of already existing machines, and going "real" would have pushed the envelope. Icly, remember the goal of the upgrade was to grant the user better protection, and strength, while maintaining the agility of the soldier and minimizing the need for operation training. The Gartagens also do not have super soldiers, they have this.

Secondly to add balance this upgrade does not "Have it all." The armor enables the user to use larger weapons(I am going to do the justice of saying that they can handle ADR 3 weapons and lower.)

It has gives the user an armor value of ADR three making it smaller, and not nearly as robust as other power armors.

I think I need to clarify what I'm trying to say, what I meant was the lift capacity of someone with a strength twelve times that of what they originally had. While this might not seem that important, its something I would like to know.

For example, does that strenght allow them to pick up a freaking fighter? A car? What?

Well I figger it would put them in line to be able to pick up a small car and toss it out of the way.

Rather than saying "12x" Why not list the strength of the thing in "The user's own strength + X number of pounds/kilos/whatever unit" ?
that way there's no discrepancy when some freakishly strong Gartagen gets in one and can suddenly lift a small building.

Ira, you have to remember that this isn't a full on Powered Armor. This is a battle suit with powered armor components. That means it's mostly ballistic armor with some frames around the limbs which allow it more strength, but it's not an outright powered armor.

Powered armor has more components and thus makes it much, much stronger than just a ballistic armor suit with some powered mechanisms inside it. So keep that in mind as you submit this article.

This is what we talked about SR. I wikied it up, and this is what it looks like.

Any thing I need to do to get this approved?

APPROVED

Note that I reduced the strength to 500 kg, which should still be plenty.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back