• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Elves: What about those hippies, anyhow?

Moogle

Retired Member
Inactive Member
So I'm in progress of creating a new faction, and while attempting to make the leader I found. . . almost nothing. No species page at all. Wes suggested I create this thread so everybody can discuss the Elves.

From my understanding, they're pretty rare. Like, slowly-integrating population decay, rare. But other than that, there isn't much for me to go on.

Elves have maintained their population by remaining holed up in the southern central portion of Yamatai's main continent, called Xiuluria.

They've basically kept to themselves for the most part, but like Kodians and Elysians, they're seen often enough on Yamatai to not be a novelty.

The elves' highest-profile representative, oddly, isn't an elf anymore: Hanako started as an elf under Yui's service before she entered an NH-series body.

Elves are one of the three races that were on Yamatai/Geshrintall before everyone else. The other two are the Elysians, who were kicked off, and trolls, who are even more rare.

Elves used to have magic power, but apparently lack it now that nodal magic is banned.

Like Aendri and Fian said in the IRC, elves are a holdover from Ayenee, but they remain canon.

I thought we had an article for them, but apparently not (maybe it was removed, even). Basically, we have very little info on elves, even in my mind.

- They lived in small towns in the Xiulurian forests of the south and Tysylvanian Woods in Melanchol province. Different cultures for each.
- They come in white and coal black varieties (think drow)
- Basically pointy-eared humans (no epic lifespans)
- Cuisine: pasta and veggies
- A lot of them were being enslaved up until the Nekos became common
- Mostly wiped out by the great plague of YE 08

Based on information Wes gave me in the Sakura days, elves:

• Still have a knack for hiding in natural places. This is likely to accompany the stereotype of elf-forest synergy... though it could also be explained away by them living extensively there and having a lot of practice at not being seen.
  • The only apparent form of supernatural elves have access to (since the no-psionic ruling was made) is through feats of herbalism. For example, potion brewing.

In the past, they did cast 'spells'. Actually, in the YSS Nozomi plot had Hanako cast "ice" magic on a newcomer whom forget to give proper courtesy and bow to a superior officer. I bet this is something Wes would rather I had forgotten, though! xD

RPG-D RPGfix
Back